Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alright so finished all of the paper work tonight. I am going to allow them to clean it so theyre going to do it first thing in the morning. Specifically said no to running it through a car wash. I am going to try to get some free stuff out of my salesman since it took 4 months from order, not 6-8 weeks. Im think some free oil changes. Any other ideas?
Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Your car was started and finished on a Monday. Workers must've been hung over.
I'm wondering about that on my engine. I should have the dealer look at the engine build date on the sticker. :D

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
And here she is. The bumper still looks 100% straight so I think this is just splitter damage. Body looks straight too so I'm happy. I am so effing happy I went with white!!!! My wife said "I don't like the chrome emblems"
The PP2 white looks great. I contemplated which color to order for days, but I ended up going with white as well.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
That sucks to hear about the splitter, but hey that PP2 in white looks killer, and I agree black every thing out! No chrome! Its gonna look mean once you get some tint on it too

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your car was started and finished on a Monday. Workers must've been hung over.
Looks like there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Service manager called earlier and apparently the shop foreman was able to perfectly align the trunk and decklid. The correct PP2 splitter should be in and installed on Monday. Just waiting to hear back from Ford regarding the wheels for which the dealer already submitted a claim along with pictures.

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Alright so finished all of the paper work tonight. I am going to allow them to clean it so theyre going to do it first thing in the morning. Specifically said no to running it through a car wash. I am going to try to get some free stuff out of my salesman since it took 4 months from order, not 6-8 weeks. Im think some free oil changes. Any other ideas?

OK brother, you win, you got your car first.....Congratulations. I got my sales guy to throw in a set of all weather mats just for buying the car. I'm going to try for at least the first oil change free. For a 4 months wait they should at least go with an oil change for each month it took to arrive.

BTW, get some pics posted when you get a chance.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You can always take delivery and then go back for un scratched wheels.
I can but then the car is off the dealer's books, they have my money and I lose my leverage.

Edit: Ford approved the claim and sent new wheels. Hopefully everything will be there by Wednesday/Thursday.

Last edited:

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lengthy post for anyone who has bought the car and has questions. Ordered on December 20th 2017. Told 6-8 weeks. Well that obviously didnt happen. Didnt get into order processing until February 15th. I was told by my salesman that Ford didnt have an allocation for the car at the time of order, but the dealership didnt have one, not Ford. In production happened on 3/22 and finished on 4/3. It went into In transit on 4/6. Was delivered to the dealership on 4/12. I live right outside of Philadelphia so thats a idea on distance and how long it takes. In the end, I was unsure of what I wanted to do with cleaning the car and different warranty options. I told them okay to hand wash. I arrived towards the end of the wash and went over it with a fine tooth comb. The decklid had a scratch but that plastic so it scratches easily. I then saw a scratch above the driver door. My salesman quickly grabbed a bottle of something and tried getting it, but its still there. I will post a pic of them. I then tried to get 1 free oil change out of my salesman since it took 4 months. That was pretty difficult but he eventually budged which I thought was ridiculous. I did go for the extended warranty as well as some 5 year, unlimited miles coverage plan. I somewhat regret getting these since together they were 2,300, and it raised my monthly payment $20, but this will be my daily and I think it will be worth the peace of mind. Any questions, message me or comment on this.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Quick question for anyone who lives in Texas; This will be the first car that I register there. I know tax is 6.5%, but how much is the tags/title and other misc. fees?

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Lengthy post for anyone who has bought the car and has questions. Ordered on December 20th 2017. Told 6-8 weeks. Well that obviously didnt happen. Didnt get into order processing until February 15th. I was told by my salesman that Ford didnt have an allocation for the car at the time of order, but the dealership didnt have one, not Ford. In production happened on 3/22 and finished on 4/3. It went into In transit on 4/6. Was delivered to the dealership on 4/12. I live right outside of Philadelphia so thats a idea on distance and how long it takes. In the end, I was unsure of what I wanted to do with cleaning the car and different warranty options. I told them okay to hand wash. I arrived towards the end of the wash and went over it with a fine tooth comb. The decklid had a scratch but that plastic so it scratches easily. I then saw a scratch above the driver door. My salesman quickly grabbed a bottle of something and tried getting it, but its still there. I will post a pic of them. I then tried to get 1 free oil change out of my salesman since it took 4 months. That was pretty difficult but he eventually budged which I thought was ridiculous. I did go for the extended warranty as well as some 5 year, unlimited miles coverage plan. I somewhat regret getting these since together they were 2,300, and it raised my monthly payment $20, but this will be my daily and I think it will be worth the peace of mind. Any questions, message me or comment on this.
I ordered mine 1-12-18 just got it 4 -12-18 thur. When I went to look at it, they had to adjust the door:( driver door, was 2 or 3 mm to high in the front, and just right in the back, also, the trunk lid was WAY off! big, uneven gaps that had to be adjusted, I was worried:shrug: when too many people start working on stuff, more damage can happen... well they got the gaps right, and I took delivery, but that took quite awhile, they really tried to push extra warranty's but I was not interested. MSRP was 45,670.00 and purchase price was 40,395.00 I do not know how to post pics, It is a White, with Blk acct, 10spd, spare, carbon sport, 3:55's

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Brother, if you can cancel that extended warranty here is I'm sure a much better price. I took a shot at what you might want, so the price may be a little off. These are the same warranty at a great discount price. I bought my last extended warrant for my truck from Flood Ford in Road Island, one for my Vette from Menholt Chevy in Montana, and will buy from these folks when my car arrives. Very easy transactions, and I saved a ton of money. These dealers sell mass amounts of genuine warranties, hence the lower price. Just some food for thought.

https://championfordwarranty.com/Quotesview.asp?ID=27171

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I’ll be checking my panel gaps again if I ever test drive the darn thing. They all looked pretty good initially. The only minor exterior spacing thing I noticed was that the gaps on either side of the hood were not perfectly equal. More narrow on the drivers side. Anyone else have that going on? Maybe not a major deal.

Another mustang came off the same truck with mine and it had the same issue, driver’s side hood gap was more narrow than passenger.

I have to say how much I appreciate all of you. It was because of this board that I peeked through the back windows to make sure I wasn’t blessed with a leather/cloth combo back seat :-). That one still makes me laugh.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Brother, if you can cancel that extended warranty here is I'm sure a much better price. I took a shot at what you might want, so the price may be a little off. These are the same warranty at a great discount price. I bought my last extended warrant for my truck from Flood Ford in Road Island, one for my Vette from Menholt Chevy in Montana, and will buy from these folks when my car arrives. Very easy transactions, and I saved a ton of money. These dealers sell mass amounts of genuine warranties, hence the lower price. Just some food for thought.

https://championfordwarranty.com/Quotesview.asp?ID=27171
Looks neat, but I would assume you have to front the entire bill? Seems like it can get expensive.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My car has been sitting at the Flat Rock Plant since 3/21/2018. The drop off point in Virginia is about 25 Miles from my dealer. Delivery was to be 4/15/2018.
Sponsored