Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My car was finished 3/21/2018. Window sticker date is now 3/22/2018. It looks like the Royal Crimson Mustangs were produced on this date. I ordered everything but the racing seats. My dealer confirmed this.
Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I ordered an LB GT convertible on 2/3. Nothing remarkable...400A, 6 spd, Black Accent, Active Exhaust, spare tire.

I still don't have a VIN after 7 weeks. At this pace I might not see the car until the end of May.

Last edited:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I ordered an LB GT convertible on 2/3. Nothing remarkable...400A, 6 spd, Black Accent, Active Exhaust, spare tire.

I still don't have a VIN after 7 weeks. At this pace I might not see the car until the end of May.
Tom, ask your dealer if he actually has an allocation for your Mustang. If he says no, it's going to be awhile. I ordered 02/14, had the Vin within two weeks, and the car was built last Thursday 03/22. The first thing my salesguy told me was I was in luck he had an allocation waiting to be filled. Saleperson's should tell their special order customers, but many don't. Good luck.

Sponsored

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

This might be bad news . . .

Ordered a 401a, PP2 with some stuff on 2/20. Went to the stealer yesterday to get an order number so I could check progress. Answer to question: no more my18 will be built, you will have to order my19 in April. Production starts end of June ( I was told ).

Chingaderos!

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
*sigh*

Transitioned to In Transit, and EDD pushed out to 04/06/2018. Not that I'm surprised.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
*sigh*

Transitioned to In Transit, and EDD pushed out to 04/06/2018. Not that I'm surprised.
I get it Max. Hopefully the Ford Gods will smile down upon you, and your new baby will arrive soon. :cheers:

You've been waiting a long time, but 04/06 ain't that far away. It will give you enough time to get all those new do-dads ready to install. :)

Last edited:

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
I get Max. Hopefully the Ford Gods will smile down upon you, and your new baby will arrive soon. :cheers:

You've been waiting a long time, but 04/06 ain't that far away. It will give you enough time to get all those new do-dads ready to install. :)
You can download the owner’s manual and “read ahead”. There are some curious things in there, such as the secret key slot, and what sounds like a bunch of programmable options.

“Quiet Hours” will be one I’ll definitely use; there’s a guy three houses down with a Challenger and it’s obvious to the whole street when he starts it up, no matter what time of day it is. I don’t want to irritate my neighbors if I’m going to work before sun-up.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
EDD change from 5/17 to 5/13 talked with ford performance chat and he said build day is 4/11 and tentative arrival at the dealer is 5/7-5/13 :headbang:

Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Wooo in production as of today!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Well, my dealer is still telling me as of today that he still believes I should get scheduled. He is meeting with his regional guy tomorrow and said he would mention it. He said there are still allocations for 2018 PP2's, he has 2018 allocation remaining, and I am the highest priority order he has. We shall see. At least he hasn't been informed yet that my order is a no go like a few others have, but I've about given up hope. Two more Thursdays left for getting scheduled. Anyone have a friend in scheduling they could hook me up with?

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Well, my dealer is still telling me as of today that he still believes I should get scheduled. He is meeting with his regional guy tomorrow and said he would mention it. He said there are still allocations for 2018 PP2's, he has 2018 allocation remaining, and I am the highest priority order he has. We shall see. At least he hasn't been informed yet that my order is a no go like a few others have, but I've about given up hope. Two more Thursdays left for getting scheduled. Anyone have a friend in scheduling they could hook me up with?
I can understand the frustration Bullitt. Here's hoping you can get scheduled soon. :thumbsup:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I can understand the frustration Bullitt. Here's hoping you can get scheduled soon. :thumbsup:
Thanks. It was my own fault for waiting until the auto show rolled through town. I wouldn't mind waiting for a 2019, but was really wanting Lightning Blue. It is what it is, but the suspense is killing me.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm curious if my original build week was 4/2 but COTUS has my car in production as of today 3/26, does that mean my build date was pulled forward? I was assuming COTUS jumped the gun and the car will stay 'in production' for a few weeks.
Sponsored