2017 GT350

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Has anyone been able to replace the clutch pedal arm while leaving the assembly in the car? Is that possible?

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone been able to replace the clutch pedal arm while leaving the assembly in the car? Is that possible?
it’s not possible to replace it in the car.

It’s also not possible to repair the cracked welds in the car. The bushing is plastic, you need to weld the arm to repair it, it’ll melt the bushing.

I would highly suggest throwing a nice weld on your cracked pedals rather than buying a new one. The new one will fail the same way as the old one did, that one weld is just not sufficient.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
How easy is to remove the bushing, to weld the arm properly? That's probably the way to go, since a new pedal would be equally bad. It obviously doesn't make sense to do all of that charade just as a precautionary measure, but once it fails, and it needs to get removed, it could just get fixed properly, no?

OrangeCrush5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How easy is to remove the bushing, to weld the arm properly? That's probably the way to go, since a new pedal would be equally bad. It obviously doesn't make sense to do all of that charade just as a precautionary measure, but once it fails, and it needs to get removed, it could just get fixed properly, no?
The bushing slides right out. I sand blasted around the area and welded all the way around instead of having the small stitch weld that was there.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here’s the info to removing the pedal assembly for a MT82 equipped S550:

EDIT:
Also included the same for an Auto equipped S550 (even though it’s 6R80 specific, pedal assembly is the same if having the 10R80)

Attachments

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey guys. What's the recommended procedure for getting this retainer off? flat-head screwdriver?

IMG_5153.jpg

Sponsored

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I just got my clutch & brake pedals back from a local welding shop. $40 for the pair. I'm going to throw some paint on them before reinstalling. Not sure if anyone has had the welds on the brake pedal fail but I'm not taking any chances. Might as well reinforce both.

If you are in the Detroit area: All Welding & Fabricating 1882 Woodslee Dr, Troy, MI 48083

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I just got my clutch & brake pedals back from a local welding shop. $40 for the pair. I'm going to throw some paint on them before reinstalling. Not sure if anyone has had the welds on the brake pedal fail but I'm not taking any chances. Might as well reinforce both.

If you are in the Detroit area: All Welding & Fabricating 1882 Woodslee Dr, Troy, MI 48083

IMG_5184.jpg

IMG_5182.jpg
Looks to be excellent welding work. Too bad Ford can't do it right from the start. 😖