Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
If there's a digital dash display that isn't retrofittable... I'm going to hurl myself out a window.
Sponsored

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I went back to look at the livestream to see if there's anything new. It'll only let me scrub back a couple hours but the only thing I saw is a covered F-150 which I'm assuming is the 2018. About a third of the way into the livestream they did a pan of almost the entire Ford stand, and there was only 1 or two empty spots. This combined with the complete lack of teasers or buzz at all in the automotive news world about the 2018 Mustang is starting to make doubt whether the 2018 Mustang will be shown here now...:(
Ford has a press time slot from 9:05am to 9:30am over at Joe Louis Arena, there's plenty of room to showcase a few new vehicles in there.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford has a press time slot from 9:05am to 9:30am over at Joe Louis Arena, there's plenty of room to showcase a few new vehicles in there.
Yeah I know, I'll be there. But Joe Louis is just for the press conference and in a completely different building. After it's over everyone leaves and the new cars are on display at the Ford area in Cobo. And they'll be on display for another 2 weeks for the public after that. That's where they'll need to fit them after the press conference.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Such a sad disappointment that the 2018 (refreshed) Mustang won't be revealed at the Detroit Auto Show. I was looking forward to it along with all of you. Such a bummer!!!

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Just checked the live stream and I don't see any spots open for a mustang reveal on the floor. :(

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
All these people checking the livestream lol ford has kept this car under wraps for this long do you really think it would just be on display. I think it's more of a drive one in and do a quick reveal and drive it out

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
All these people checking the livestream lol ford has kept this car under wraps for this long do you really think it would just be on display. I think it's more of a drive one in and do a quick reveal and drive it out
Have you looked at it? I don't see a setup that accomodates what you're describing.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Klier said Chicago Auto Show next month and it sounds like he's got inside connections who know what they're talking about. I figured something would have surfaced by now and with all the other said indicators, I'm beginning to think it won't be in Detroit.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
He also only has 3 posts so I'm not sure I trust that . I guess we will all find out Monday . If they have a lcd dash I will be so glad I waited lol

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
what is the link for the livestream?

Jules1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The brand new Lexus Ls has not been shown yet, but it is planned. Soooo,it gives me some hope that our game is not over yet.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
You're missing the point. I've gone to the Ford press conferences in detroit the past 2 years. The 2018 F-150 is supposed to be shown on Monday. If you looked at the show floor today, you saw two covered trucks. Those are the new ones. They can still be on the show floor and covered so that they're not revealed till Monday. The press conference is in a completely different building where they'll drive them out, sit there for an hour or less for the press to get their pictures, then be driven backstage again. Joe Louis is not open after that hour. That's why they need to have cars also on this Ford stand in Cobo hall that you're seeing on this livestream. All the cars revealed on the press days are always on display the remaining 2 weeks for the public to see as well. The lack of space for multiple Mustang models on the public show floor is why it seems unlikely to me. Maybe the cars on the stands are placeholders, that's the only hope I have at this point.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.