Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

brb08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I can only hope this "leak" is to get public feedback. I think they're getting some.
Haha, you could say that. Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Forums, etc. are all just destroying the front end it seems.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Aero necessities driving this might be valid. Didn't the previous aero manager take over as lead engineer? Definitely looks like the aero wheel curtain vents have been enhanced.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The more I look the more I think it can't be real. Look how bad the fitment is with the huge gap by the bottom lights.

attachment.png

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hmmm... that vid looked amaturish...

Wonder if they fixed the panel fitment...

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The more I look the more I think it can't be real. Look how bad the fitment is with the huge gap by the bottom lights.
well there are pictures of it on a line....sooo....

Sponsored

Blue_Spirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Playing around... excuse the crude 'shop. I like the new headlights, but they don't fit with the rest of the front. I was never crazy about the Sid from Ice Age front end on the 15 but this just... nope. The grill is just too big for the look, imo. Not that my 'shop is better, I just don't know what to do to make it look good. :shrug:
Can you make it in lightning blue?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I kind of like the IDEA behind some of the changes. The modernity of it appeals to me a lot. However, it wasn't executed well at all. The headlight changes aren't changed where they'd have the best impact. And the lower grill changes to that while the upper grill is untouched... Not that great.

The tail lights have barely changed at all, but at least they match the led bars in the headlights with the rake and the geometry.

But overall, it looks cobbled together. Hopefully the upper tier cars look much better. This is just... not good.

I especially take issue with the air pocket created under the headlight for no reason. Sacrificing aero for zero reason. Not cool.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I am not enthused by the look of it but I am curious to see it in person. All of the pictures are from down low which is not the perspective you get in person. Fingers crossed this will help.

As for the rear I personally like the current tail lights better.

In the end if it gets the rumored upgrades I will get one, I can always buy an aftermarket front fascia. As for the tail lights assuming they are a direct swap I am betting I can find someone to swap with me. =)

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hopefully this is a joke and the real car will be revealed soon. That just looks way too bad to be something Ford would design after the the first gen S550.

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Hopefully this is a joke and the real car will be revealed soon. That just looks way too bad to be something Ford would design after the the first gen S550.
If it is a joke I would be happy. I would also have to give whoever is behind this bad joke credit for driving us all crazy.

Shark77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MS3
To me, the issue with the front is the proportion of the lower grill to the upper grill. Along with the plain-ness of the lower grill. It doesn't speak performance as much as it does cheap midsize rental car.

The funny thing is I like understated, but this is just a flop.

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
Don't like it so far. I don't like yellow at all. I've been a mustang fan since I was a kid. I've always liked the new style every time it came out. It seems like they improve certain visual cues with each one. I'm still waiting Ford. Hopefully the official pics do a better job.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Looks on the side i wonder if Ford did their homework this time with the performance and handling! Testing a pp car back to back with an ss or even 1le, and going back to the drawing board. Thats what i really want to know.
Sponsored