2018 Ecoboost
^ lol
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
it has the michelins so they are likely part of the PP2.

also i am not certain why people rag on having to get 301a, it has so many things that make the base worth it, i bet many people purchased the premium cause of the bigger screen and better stereo. this is great for many people. granted it does suck you dont have a choice if you want the PP1 but it is a good package to have

9 Speaker Stereo System with Single-CD Player
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle Switches
• 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack
• Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

to me these features are totally worth the 2k, beats spending 4k to get a premium when all i want are these features, leather in az makes no sense.
Yea, it's comparable to features on an sub $20K Hyundai Elantra.

I know, the Elantra doesn't have a 460hp V8, but it really ticks me off that American (and German) car makers take what is nominally a "premium" vehicle and have a base option package that is put to shame by the average econobox. Obviously it doesn't actually cost very much or it wouldn't be included in your average Hyundai/Kia.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Yea, it's comparable to features on an sub $20K Hyundai Elantra.

I know, the Elantra doesn't have a 460hp V8, but it really ticks me off that American (and German) car makers take what is nominally a "premium" vehicle and have a base option package that is put to shame by the average econobox. Obviously it doesn't actually cost very much or it wouldn't be included in your average Hyundai/Kia.
have you ever owned a Hyundai/ Kia? I did, and i also though, oh hey look at all of these options that come standard for so much less, WRONG. Those cars are pieces of shit, they are terrible. If Ford or another manufacture for that reason charges for them then there is a reason. Quality is not free and i dont expect it to be. Throw 450 hp in a hyundai and sell it for 35k fully loaded, in 6 months you will be trading that bitch in for something much better even if it means taking less hp. I will never own a korean car again.

Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" :ford:

also keep in mind, you were not able to get any of those features on a base mustang before, you were forced to buy a premium if you wanted those, now you dont have to and i prefer it that way. An upgrade to a premium with leather i dont want should not be required to get the nice screen some better speakers and selectable drive mode. just my opinion. to me it represents a 2k savings not a 2k increase. Watch how many people go for a base that would have otherwise got a premium, especially in the hot climates.

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
have you ever owned a Hyundai/ Kia? I did, and i also though, oh hey look at all of these options that come standard for so much less, WRONG. Those cars are pieces of shit, they are terrible. If Ford or another manufacture for that reason charges for them then there is a reason. Quality is not free and i dont expect it to be. Throw 450 hp in a hyundai and sell it for 35k fully loaded, in 6 months you will be trading that bitch in for something much better even if it means taking less hp. I will never own a korean car again.

Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" :ford:
You never get more than you pay for, but there are plenty of people ready to take your money and sell you less than you pay for.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Good work :thumbsup:

Does this sorta kinda reveal why the mysterious Topnotch is always so well informed and always has access to the latest pictures? :cheers:
Pretty sure he is directly employed by/affiliated with Ford.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thankfully! Now if they could just do away with the 4x4 look.... :doh:
I think the builder gives a very accurate representation of the actual ride height, which is really not a 4x4 look anymore. Now the SN95 and S197 generations those sure looked like 4x4's, but that has been largely fixed with the S550. The only thing I find wrong with it is the lack of rake. The front should be 1cm lower.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
I think the builder gives a very accurate representation of the actual ride height, which is really not a 4x4 look anymore. Now the SN95 and S197 generations those sure looked like 4x4's, but that has been largely fixed with the S550. The only thing I find wrong with it is the lack of rake. The front should be 1cm lower.
The S197 was no where near as bad as the SN95 cars. I remember when I finally pulled the trigger on lowering my 04, I couldn't believe how much it helped the look.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
The S197 was no where near as bad as the SN95 cars. I remember when I finally pulled the trigger on lowering my 04, I couldn't believe how much it helped the look.
i agree completely... its like every sn95 that got lowered was dropped 1.5" just to look normal. Hell, the new cars can look and ride perfect from only 3/4".

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I lowered my 1998 Cobra 2" just to get it looking right.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
i agree completely... its like every sn95 that got lowered was dropped 1.5" just to look normal. Hell, the new cars can look and ride perfect from only 3/4".
Yep, I went with the FRPP "B" Springs on mine, gave it just the right look, not slammed but not a 4X4 anymore. Just the way it should have been

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Ahh yes..my SN95 is in the 2" lowered camp with H&R Super Sports and Bilstein HD shocks/struts. Didn't take long to blow the factory shocks/struts with just the springs.

RIP catalytic converter housings.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
Yep, I went with the FRPP "B" Springs on mine, gave it just the right look, not slammed but not a 4X4 anymore. Just the way it should have been
Ahh yes..my SN95 is in the 2" lowered camp with H&R Super Sports and Bilstein HD shocks/struts. Didn't take long to blow the factory shocks/struts with just the springs.

RIP catalytic converter housings.
oh the memories!!!

i ran a eibach prokit on my sn95 gt car and it still wasnt low enough...LOL
When I got my 01 cobra it was kenny brown all around for me. :cheers:

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
i got the DORA on my 2018 order today!