Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
^^^ just another GT guy. That's all.
I understand why this thread would upset you.
I'm not sure you do understand. For the past 3 years, on roughly a monthly basis (back in 2017 it was even more often), a member with a Mustang GT comes over to try to enlighten us on how much our cars are actually worth and how they're about to start losing their value. After a couple years of it it gets old quickly. Obviously we're all enthusiasts and want to have a meaningful discussion, but know the seat you're in is still warm from the last guy to come over from the GT forums and give us a similar spiel. Interestingly enough, 3 years of Mustang GT owners dropping knowledge on us about the value of our cars hasn't really affected the values.
Sponsored

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Id do the same, if i was dealer. Understand, these specialized sports cars w manual tranny do not sell fast. It’ll probably sit at the lot for awhile, which translates to $$ lost on dealership. Plus making sales, advertising all cost $$. They have to pay sales floor as well. You want quick $$ selling your car, you’ll get shitty value for it. Same as selling items to pawn shops. You want real value, sell it private.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm not sure you do understand. For the past 3 years, on roughly a monthly basis (back in 2017 it was even more often), a member with a Mustang GT comes over to try to enlighten us on how much our cars are actually worth and how they're about to start losing their value. After a couple years of it it gets old quickly. Obviously we're all enthusiasts and want to have a meaningful discussion, but know the seat you're in is still warm from the last guy to come over from the GT forums and give us a similar spiel. Interestingly enough, 3 years of Mustang GT owners dropping knowledge on us about the value of our cars hasn't really affected the values.
Amen!

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Id do the same, if i was dealer. Understand, these specialized sports cars w manual tranny do not sell fast. It’ll probably sit at the lot for awhile, which translates to $$ lost on dealership. Plus making sales, advertising all cost $$. They have to pay sales floor as well. You want quick $$ selling your car, you’ll get shitty value for it. Same as selling items to pawn shops. You want real value, sell it private.
The title of this thread is 2018 GT350 Dealership Offer - $37.5k

It is interesting to me that I get blasted for trying to explain why.

This seems to be a very emotional subject “You 350” guys.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Why did dealer offer him VERY LOW below current market price offer?? GREED!
And , ....hell NO I am not agreeing with you! I said "..adsurd.." and meant it. Duh!
Just because dealer OFFERED a certain price does not dictate nor accurately represent current car value! Move on....

Sponsored

5ohRick19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I've never gotten a quote from any dealer that wasn't significantly below market value. They are testing to see how desperate you are to sell. If you're upside down and just want to cut your losses they'll be more than happy to rip you off. NEVER, NEVER trade a car in or sell to a dealer. It's too easy to sell it yourself these days and you will make thousands more. In your case probably $8-10K more. Try CarGurus, or Autotrader. I'm always a bit upset when I see how few private party sellers there are on those sites. It means people don't have the patience to sell it themselves and dealers are cleaning up on their trades. Patience Grasshopper! You will be rewarded handsomely. You have a SWEET car!!!

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
I went to the dealership here in Corpus Christi, Texas. I was curious on what the dealership would value my 2018 10,800 mile, GT350.

I was blown away. They offered $37,500. I laughed and asked if they were serious. I asked if that was the final offer for it and the salesman said yes.

Did I over value what a dealership would offer for my car? Anywhere I read I see that the value is much higher on the market than what they offered me. This would be my first time actually selling to a dealership so I'm unsure. Obviously they're a business to make money. But 37.5k...

BEvnvyY.jpg
Try Carmax. I would expect them to give you 45-50K.

<TED>

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've never gotten a quote from any dealer that wasn't significantly below market value. They are testing to see how desperate you are to sell. If you're upside down and just want to cut your losses they'll be more than happy to rip you off. NEVER, NEVER trade a car in or sell to a dealer. It's too easy to sell it yourself these days and you will make thousands more. In your case probably $8-10K more. Try CarGurus, or Autotrader. I'm always a bit upset when I see how few private party sellers there are on those sites. It means people don't have the patience to sell it themselves and dealers are cleaning up on their trades. Patience Grasshopper! You will be rewarded handsomely. You have a SWEET car!!!
Not always. Im getting 62K for my R trade in. I think I paid 67K for it. With tax offset that's just about getting all my money back. They will probably sell it for MSRP and make a decent profit on it. My previous trade in, G0628 was a very similar story.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
^ Exactly. The OP is just getting a hose job from that particular dealer and there is no consensus depreciation schedule with the GT350 that I have seen. Used ones are all over the board based on several factors. The problem with selling as a private party vs a dealer, however has always been the finance situation. Lenders like to deal with a purchase through the dealer and it is more difficult to gather up the money for a private sale. That's just the way it is for a lot of buyers with minimal finance abilities.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
^ Exactly. The OP is just getting a hose job from that particular dealer and there is no consensus depreciation schedule with the GT350 that I have seen. Used ones are all over the board based on several factors. The problem with selling as a private party vs a dealer, however has always been the finance situation. Lenders like to deal with a purchase through the dealer and it is more difficult to gather up the money for a private sale. That's just the way it is for a lot of buyers with minimal finance abilities.
Right, but as pointed out throughout this thread, the GT guys commonly enjoy coming over here and (inaccurately) tell us what our 350s and Rs are worth. My dealership just recently sold a '19R for a 5K ADM. That's the market.

A lot of these GT "expert" opinions are more like wishful thinking. I remember reading some of those posts where the jist of it was how they couldn't wait for values to drop so they could get one on the cheap. Prices have come down a bit, but nothing like that knucklehead a few posts up describes. Other morons quote internet ads for dealerships where 350s and Rs are deeply discounted only to find that when you call or express interest in the car, the ad turns out to be a mistake and the price is nowhere near advertised.

2020 mustang GT = about 35K

^-- wow, look at the size of the gap--^

2020 GT350 = about 60K
2020 GT350R = about 70K
2020 GT500 = about 75K
2020 GT500CFTP = about 110K (all boxes checked)

Who buys GTs and who buys Ford Performance products? The only thing they share is a chassis and the name mustang. So, you have GT guys hanging around the 350 and 500 forum telling all of us that our cars our worth using the statistics and depreciation model for a common mustang GT. Why is that do you suppose?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I understand why this thread would upset you.
No, I don't think you do. Did you read that I am trading in a '17R for 62K? Do you realize that with a tax offset it is essentially getting my money back?

I could understand that when you finally realize that you are wrong and misguided, it may upset you.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Lots of 2018 GT Premiums for sale in the mid 20's. Trade in must be $18-$19K I assume. Too many to list.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No, I don't think you do. Did you read that I am trading in a '17R for 62K? Do you realize that with a tax offset it is essentially getting my money back?

I could understand that when you finally realize that you are wrong and misguided, it may upset you.
That’s great to hear. For some reason you think I am against these cars holding value. I am not. This thread is about a dealership low balling a buy offer. It is not about tire sizes that I jacked up to talk about car values. It was a specific discussion about values. I gave reasons why. I showed current examples for sale. I limited personal opinion while trying to bring data and discuss historical trends. This was met with name calling and emotion.

I personally have no emotional attachment or emotional involvement in your cars value. You obviously do. That’s why after your “GT guy comment” I though hearing this information is upsetting to you. Regardless of the reason, not being able to discuss topics that upset you is on par for today’s social climate. Name calling and one liners have taken the place of thought out and productive conversation.

I enjoy posting on the forum for learning and knowledge about a range of subjects. It saddens me that calling me in idiot is the only counter argument to the things I have said. Why can’t this be an actual discussion?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I enjoy posting on the forum for learning and knowledge about a range of subjects. It saddens me that calling me in idiot is the only counter argument to the things I have said. Why can’t this be an actual discussion?
I don't think you were called an idiot.

It is typical for Mustang GT owners to come on this section of the forum and criticize everything about the GT350, so you might get a little more push back than you would expect. We've all been there done that too many times in the past.

I've noticed that GT350s hold their value better than other Mustangs. That was what happened for me when I sold my 2016 GT350. Mine was a 2016 and it had 33,000 miles - but I still think it did well. And I would expect that Rs hold their value even better.

Consider that you came into the GT350 area and told us what we should expect. You might not know as much about this subject as the people who are actually buying and selling GT350s.

ttziske

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Gt w/performance pack
Can’t wait until I can be a GT350 snob. Who cares what someone else thinks your car is worth? GT350s are limited run special cars, the prices can vary wildly. I live in California and they fetch all kinds of money out here, can’t touch an ‘18 for less than about 55K with miles, but have family that just bought a new leftover’18 in Nebraska for 50K plus ttl. It’s crazy!
Sponsored