Sponsored

2018 GT vs 2016 Camaro - Track Times Compared w/Video

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The Z06 was faster then the GT at VIR by 1.68 sec and the zl1 1le was 2.7 sec slower according to fast laps. Also, the zl1 would of been 367' behind, not 634'.:cheers:
Get that bullshit out of here. You want to use who was probably the most skilled corvette drivers (Jim Mero) lap time at VIR against what a car and driver magazine editor ran?

How about an apples to apples…Billy Johnson ran a 2.38.62 with the very same car the C&D folks were using on the very same day. The time Jim Mero ran was a 2.41.3, meaning the GT is 2.68 sec faster than the Z06.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/34444-Ford-GT-fastest-lap-ever-at-VIR-C-amp-D/page9
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The Z06 was faster then the GT at VIR by 1.68 sec and the zl1 1le was 2.7 sec slower according to fast laps. Also, the zl1 would of been 367' behind, not 634'.:cheers:
Get that bullshit out of here. You want to use who was probably the most skilled corvette drivers (Jim Mero) lap time at VIR against what a car and driver magazine editor ran?

How about an apples to apples…Billy Johnson ran a 2.38.62 with the very same car the C&D folks were using on the very same day. The time Jim Mero ran was a 2.41.3, meaning the GT is 2.68 sec faster than the Z06.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/34444-Ford-GT-fastest-lap-ever-at-VIR-C-amp-D/page9

I love it when the driver skill argument backfires on the "Pro-drivers don't count" argument that Camaro6 has generated.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

Somebody has anger issues. Look back at what I said, according to fast tracks. There is no other times listed for the Z06. Call fast tracks and set then straight if it bothers you this much.:crazy:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Somebody has anger issues. Look back at what I said, according to fast tracks. There is no other times listed for the Z06. Call fast tracks and set then straight if it bothers you this much.:crazy:
No, you are taking number where you have no idea where they came from and were trying to establish them as an argument point to why the Z06 was (in your opinion) quicker when in all reality, it is not. I don’t care what fast tracks uses, but don’t try to use numbers from 2 different sources and pretend that they are comparable.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you are taking number where you have no idea where they came from and were trying to establish them as an argument point to why the Z06 was (in your opinion) quicker when in all reality, it is not. I don’t care what fast tracks uses, but don’t try to use numbers from 2 different sources and pretend that they are comparable.
They didn't list the driver on any, so had no clue who did the driving, all they listed was time.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They didn't list the driver on any, so had no clue who did the driving, all they listed was time.:thumbsup:
That should have tipped you off that it may not be a valid time for comparison. Hell, even if it did...you should have looked into who the actual driver was before you claimed the Z06 was faster.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That should have tipped you off that it may not be a valid time for comparison. Hell, even if it did...you should have looked into who the actual driver was before you claimed the Z06 was faster.
It was faster, but you can do the same with pro racer Johnson time. Mero is not and never was a pro driver. So Mero is faster then the editor, and Johnson is faster then Mero.:cheers:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
It was faster, but you can do the same with pro racer Johnson time. Mero is not and never was a pro driver. So Mero is faster then the editor, and Johnson is faster then Mero.:cheers:
Again, total bullshit. Mero was a former pro driver and perhaps the most knowledgeable person to drive the corvette. And for the record, most of the ring times for GM are set by engineers (including Jim). Research my man.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, total bullshit. Mero was a former pro driver and perhaps the most knowledgeable person to drive the corvette. And for the record, most of the ring times for GM are set by engineers (including Jim). Research my man.
Mero has been a engineer for chevy for 24 years now, so yes he is a very good driver. But show me his pro record?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Mero has been a engineer for chevy for 14 years now, so yes he is a very good driver. But show me his pro record?
It took 5 seconds.

"Jim started racing go-karts when he was younger and has worked all the way up to racing in La Mans 24th GT-1 class in 1995. So not only does he have the mental know how of automotive but he also has many years of experience behind the wheel. And that, according to Jim, is what gets you where he is. Knowledge, hands on experience and a background in racing."

http://www.grandtournation.com/3228/the-grand-job-meet-jim-mero-the-corvette-test-driver-ns0128/

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
In order to even purchase a GT, you need to show that you intend to drive the car. Anyone Ford believes will be buying these for collector purposes only were rejected. On top of that, you have to agree that you won’t sell the car for a set time.

Ultimately, the ZR1 is just another corvette. Yes, it’s their premium option…but in the end it’s by no means a supercar. It shares the same body and chassis as the regular corvette.
I have no idea where you get your information from. But even people on this forum will tell you that even the Z06 is a "Supercar". The ZR1 is definitely a Supercar. It is not another Vette. It has 155 hp more than the most powerful Vette (up to that point) ever. Calling the Z06 or the ZR1 just another Vette takes away your credibility. It would be like saying the GT350R and the GT500 are just another Mustang. Come on man. I mean, I know you hate Chevy. But don't hate them soo much that you start making completely false and obviously hate fueled comments.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I have no idea where you get your information from. But even people on this forum will tell you that even the Z06 is a "Supercar". The ZR1 is definitely a Supercar. It is not another Vette. It has 155 hp more than the most powerful Vette (up to that point) ever. Calling the Z06 or the ZR1 just another Vette takes away your credibility. It would be like saying the GT350R and the GT500 are just another Mustang. Come on man. I mean, I know you hate Chevy. But don't hate them soo much that you start making completely false and obviously hate fueled comments.
Supercar performance…sure. Supercar, sorry…not happening. Maybe when the corvette goes mid-engine we can start talking. In the end, the entire world just sees another corvette with a big engine. A Z06 or ZR1 just don’t have that “Wow” factor that goes along with a supercar. Supercars do not have models that look nearly identical that can be had for $60k new. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.

A good read...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w6rd4pb/

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
No disagreement there. But I thought we are on a thread about "Track Times Compared", not an "elegance" thread.

You may find it hard to believe, but a number of people (increasing every year) buy sports cars intending to take them to the track regularly (road course), since that is the ONLY way the performance of these cars can safely and legally be explored.

Who cares what the performance and handling of a GT, GT350, PP2 or whatever is if you are not going to track it. It is like having a gorgeous girlfriend and never having sex with her. Looks ridiculous.
That gorgeous gf comment lol! I kinda agree, its more like she is right there doing all these naughty things infront of you, but all you can do is watch!!! Hey some people are even glad to have that you know :lol:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took 5 seconds.

"Jim started racing go-karts when he was younger and has worked all the way up to racing in La Mans 24th GT-1 class in 1995. So not only does he have the mental know how of automotive but he also has many years of experience behind the wheel. And that, according to Jim, is what gets you where he is. Knowledge, hands on experience and a background in racing."

http://www.grandtournation.com/3228/the-grand-job-meet-jim-mero-the-corvette-test-driver-ns0128/
You call that a pro record.:lol::headbonk:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercar performance…sure. Supercar, sorry…not happening. Maybe when the corvette goes mid-engine we can start talking. In the end, the entire world just sees another corvette with a big engine. A Z06 or ZR1 just don’t have that “Wow” factor that goes along with a supercar. Supercars do not have models that look nearly identical that can be had for $60k new. I’m sorry this hurts your feelings.

A good read...

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/w6rd4pb/
Good read.

http://news.carjunky.com/how_stuff_works/what-is-a-supercar-cde917.shtml
Sponsored