Sponsored

2018 GT engine noise and destruction

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Welcome to the Focus RS world. I was a part of that whole engine issue with mine. Ford jerked us around until lawyers got involved and the internet was riddled with posts and articles regarding motors blowing. Ford refused to buy mine back despite the motor letting go at 2k miles. Fortunately my dealership took care of me and i bought my 2017 GT new last year. I highly suggest 2018 mustang owners consider a class action against Ford.
Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
I'd rather just not deal with that whole process to be honest. I don't have time to take the car to 4 dealerships and play phone tag with ford customer service as they usher me into 5 different rental cars while they try to find an issue. If there's an issue, engine failure will occur soon and at that point they won't be able to give me the run around. Meanwhile the car is still pull strong so I'm going to enjoy it. Hopefully ford recalls or we find out its normal.
Yeah so if you are ok with just a new engine then that's the less painful path. If they offer a replacement vehicle then going through RAV is the only option. That's where the nightmare begins. There is no one that can make it easier with RAV, not even tech Jesus. Lol.

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
Wait one year

2015 GT A6 Paid up..Being New Tranny and Engine Build I decided
to hold off trading in for new 2018 GT...Usually 1st year of any new

rebuild of ANY car, I like to see if the car has any Kinks..Hopefully
these problems on the 2018's are minor.

SAWerks50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Mine ticked today for the first time at idle. Sounded like it was coming from the bottom end like everyone else's videos. My heart sank after hearing all the stories and hearing the same exact noise. Turned the car off and back on and it was gone.

I'm not going to let it effect me. I'm driving this thing until it explodes which if this tick is a sign of engine damage should be soon. 1500 miles 6 speed - car was built in April.
Same feeling today with 800 miles...

5OhSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT S/C PP2 - '15 GT PP - '18 GT
Same feeling today with 800 miles...
Hate to tell you man but in November my engine was replaced due to excessive wear and metal in the oil. New engine at 70 miles was misfiring and had a bunch or sensors go bad such as the crank sensor and camshaft sensor. Ford bought the car back from me right after Christmas.
Sponsored