2018 GT -Corsa vs Roush Question

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I figured. Thanks a lot for the replies. I really appreciate it. Kinda leaning towards trying the corsa xtreme with Black tips. Any potential takers on my current set up should I sell? Haha
Oh I'm sure you'll get some takers since there are still a limited number of quad tip systems available.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I figured. Thanks a lot for the replies. I really appreciate it. Kinda leaning towards trying the corsa xtreme with Black tips. Any potential takers on my current set up should I sell? Haha
Good call. I went with the black quads as well. Has a great finish / look to them.

Check out the member classifieds also if you want to sell your existing. A great way to find people already looking.

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
That’s what I figured as well. I still have the Roush tips that came with their system as well.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Post up your thoughts when you get it installed!

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Aren't the Corsa Xtremes and Roush ABs the loudest you can get?

Despite that, the Roush ABs are tame with your windows up.

Roush ABs and LTH are crazy on a cold start. I would imagine the Xtremes are the same way. If you have neighbors, pray for them.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Awesome! I’m sure the black quads look really great on your cars color
Went out and snapped a few pics of the black quad tips so you could see how they look in the wild and how they may be on your ride :
Resized_20180531_073424.jpeg
Resized_Point_Blur_May312018_072945.jpeg
Resized_20180531_073204.jpeg

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks! They look awesome. I swapped my roush AB tips for the chrome Corsa ones because they look so much better and fill the gap much better. And yes I can’t even imagine how loud longtubes with either system would be. Luckily, my neighbor to the left is a really cool police officer, and the one to the right has a hellcat. So no worries there.

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
I'm currently deciding between the corsa sport and extreme catback for my 18 as well. question for you guys is how does the sport compare to something like a borla s type? I had the s type on my 16 and loved it but I don't think borla has a catback for non active exhaust cars yet.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently deciding between the corsa sport and extreme catback for my 18 as well. question for you guys is how does the sport compare to something like a borla s type? I had the s type on my 16 and loved it but I don't think borla has a catback for non active exhaust cars yet.
It's just a bit louder than the S type at WOT. A little quieter in normal driving. Much quieter at cruise though, just like stock or better and no drone.

The Xtreme is much louder and very different tone. The Sport is kinda like a mix of the Xtreme and the S type in terms of tone, albeit more similar to the Xtreme, but near S type volume.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
In sheer terms of loudness....would a muffler delete, say MBRP, paired with my resonator delete X pipe, be louder than my X pipe and Roush AB current set up? Never heard one of our cars with a muffler delete in person

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
In sheer terms of loudness....would a muffler delete, say MBRP, paired with my resonator delete X pipe, be louder than my X pipe and Roush AB current set up? Never heard one of our cars with a muffler delete in person
Similar volume but worse. With the Roush or Corsa, you're getting a tuned sound. Muffler delete, no. It'll also drone badly. The Roush doesn't really control any volume with its design. Deletes are a cheap way to get loud but the few I've heard in person were meh in terms of sound.

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Damn near a year later and I’m seeing my thread again. Haha. Oh and I did ditch my Roush AB setup for an x pipe/Muffler delete setup. It was loud as hell...but in an annoying way. It didn’t sound terrible...but it droned like no other. It gave my first 18’ some new dash rattles it was so bad. Now I’m on my second 18’ and on the hunt for the perfect setup. Thinking Corsa again...go figure
Sponsored