Sponsored

2018 GT -Corsa vs Roush Question

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
New member here. My current set up is a resonator delete X pipe, and Roush axle back’s. Wondering if anyone had any experience with this set up versus the Corsa Xtreme cat back in Terms of sound and loudness. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Similar loudness outside the car. Fairly different tone. The Xtreme is a much quieter inside with windows up at cruise, and is quieter under modest acceleration. Open it up, though, and all hell breaks loose. These guys did a comparison going straight from the Roush + X-pipe to the Xtreme catback. The Roush does sound very good, but to my ears is nowhere near as musical as the Xtreme at full song.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are great sounding, i always say go with your first instinct. let me know if we can help at all

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the reply! Hadn’t seen that video yet. I really do love the sound of the Corsa...I also really like how my car sounds now. Cold starts in my garage at 6 am are rediculous..but it mellows out fairly quickly. I’m actually running the Corsa tips on my roush axle back setup because of how low the Roush tips hang on the 18’s. It’s hard to judge how loud it truly is without actually hearing it from the outside. I just feel like I want it...a bit louder...without going longtubes(yet) and wanted some insight on if going full Corsa would get me there

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the reply beefcake. I’ve followed y’all for awhile. Any advice on a ‘louder’ setup than what I currently have without going headers yet?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply! Hadn’t seen that video yet. I really do love the sound of the Corsa...I also really like how my car sounds now. Cold starts in my garage at 6 am are rediculous..but it mellows out fairly quickly. I’m actually running the Corsa tips on my roush axle back setup because of how low the Roush tips hang on the 18’s. It’s hard to judge how loud it truly is without actually hearing it from the outside. I just feel like I want it...a bit louder...without going longtubes(yet) and wanted some insight on if going full Corsa would get me there
I'd say yes, but mostly because of two things: 1) how the note carries because of the pitch, and 2) because the tone is so dynamic...as he said in the video, every few thousand rpm it changes and gets more exciting as it goes. I've heard the Roush and while it's a great sound, it's pretty much the same as you go through the revs. It's less special.

This is a great clip (same guy also has another great one with more inside the car)... Go to 1:08

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Anecdotally I’ve NEVER heard a bad remark about Corsa gear. I’ve heard quite a few times that the Roush axelbacks - when paired with more advanced stuff upstream - quickly begins to become overwhelming.

That being said xtremes with long tubes is gonna be out of control.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
i always say go with your first instinct.
This x 1000. I don't know how you could want louder than Roush with a resonator delete. Roush sounds better than Corsa IMO. Better bang for your buck to boot.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anecdotally I’ve NEVER heard a bad remark about Corsa gear. I’ve heard quite a few times that the Roush axelbacks - when paired with more advanced stuff upstream - quickly begins to become overwhelming.

That being said xtremes with long tubes is gonna be out of control.
Most definitely.

I absolutely LOVE my sport catback, and have owned the Xtreme as well. It's a fantastic sound. It was too loud for me but it was crazy fun and made me giggle. It also got me a flash on the first night I had it :lol::lol:. No joke.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
As was stated the tone does change. I am actually starting to find lower rpms of my 18 with Xtreme a tad underwhelming, where the mid to high range can scream wonderfully but with different pitches.

That said if you "need" it to be quieter this can be done without the need for a true active exhaust.

I have been looking into catted long tubes for more, though I have a feeling that the quieter function may disappear completely.

But i must admit the Roush does sound good, just less dynamic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Definitely agree with everyone’s comments. I’m not disappointed in the Roush with resonator delete at all. Just wanted some opinions on other options. I did the resonator delete with stock 18’ exhaust and my shop guy said “man you don’t even need an axle back”. But the Roush system came shortly thereafter. Haha. Need to find someone local running Corsa to compare first hand I guess.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Definitely agree with everyone’s comments. I’m not disappointed in the Roush with resonator delete at all. Just wanted some opinions on other options. I did the resonator delete with stock 18’ exhaust and my shop guy said “man you don’t even need an axle back”. But the Roush system came shortly thereafter. Haha. Need to find someone local running Corsa to compare first hand I guess.
I did the same, started with FP x pipe on stock non active. Great at first but needed more out of her pretty quickly :D

OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Same. Non active with SVE X pipe. Was super raspy on cold start wasn’t it. Lol. Same for me though it wasn’t enough. I wonder how Corsa Sport with my current resonator delete would sound?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Same. Non active with SVE X pipe. Was super raspy on cold start wasn’t it. Lol. Same for me though it wasn’t enough. I wonder how Corsa Sport with my current resonator delete would sound?
Well remember how Corsa does their systems:

Corsa Touring axleback + double X-pipe = Sport catback
Corsa Sport axleback + double X-pipe = Xtreme catback

I have Sport catback. It won't be as loud as your Roush + resonator delete X-pipe. I think what you were asking is how would the mufflers from the Xtreme sound with your resonator delete? Pretty similar but it's a different tone with the double X-pipe. It's got a little more depth and more of the hollow sound.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ElCid08

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I figured. Thanks a lot for the replies. I really appreciate it. Kinda leaning towards trying the corsa xtreme with Black tips. Any potential takers on my current set up should I sell? Haha
Sponsored