Sponsored

2018 GT BBQ Ticking (typewriter) Noise

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt

This is what mines is doing first dealer told me they hear the noise and sent s message to ford hot line then when they got the messages stating on what they should do they said I should wait till they noise gets more prominent or worse so it’s easier to fix I told them no I wanted it fixed I don’t wanna drive it and it mess up on the way to work or something they said don’t worry if it blows up your coverd and blah blah blah then they said if they try and fix it and they can’t find anything that they can warranty then I have to pay the teardown fee of almost 1500.00 so I said I’m not Gona sign it cause I felt like they where going to try and screw me over so I took it to a second dealer and over there there trying to say they couldn’t hear the noise but when I showed up randomly to show them the noise they said they can hear it and it sounds like another one that’s in for service aswell but the on in for service has a bad rattling sound when you tap the gas mine also has that but mine also has the continuously ticking noise so mines has two problems/ two noises so I asked why the car was there they didn’t wanna tell me so I’m pritty sure that cars there because of that noise because they didn’t wanna bring out any 2018s from the lot and show me .. so I called ford and opens a case to escalate it cause I’m not Gona waste my time arguing with these dealers and them just brush me away saying it’s fine when I know it isn’t I bought the car without this noise and my 2013gt 5.0 has the same noise and they had to replace that motor in that car I’m pritty sure something like that might happen with this one so now the second dealer is Gona send ford hotline a message on what to two so in two days there Gona get a response and there Gona let me know where things are Gona go from there
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Sounds like exhaust manifold/heat shield expansion or cooling. Subarus have all kinds of ticks because of this. It's not an issue. If it bothers you maybe change to headers like the other poster suggested.
If that was the case, why would it show up only after the first oil change? Don't say coincidence because pretty much everyone has had it show up after the first change.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
@Usgiorigi mines happend before first oile change and my oil level was fine so thought if I was to change my oils it’ll quiet it down or get rid of it and it didn’t

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
@Usgiorigi mines happend before first oile change and my oil level was fine so thought if I was to change my oils it’ll quiet it down or get rid of it and it didn’t
Yours doesn't sound like a bbq tick. Sorry to say this, but yours sounds way worse. That sounds like it matches a single cylinder's firing interval. Rod bearing related maybe.

There was a guy in another tick thread who had a video of a very similar sound. He sent his oil into blackstone for analysis. They said everything was great. He brought it to the dealer who tore down his engine and found bottom end damage.

The bbq tick I had was when applying very light throttle it sounded like a bbq lighter going off. I didn't hear anything like this at idle.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
[MENTION=24909]usgiorgi[/MENTION]
So you think mines should be coverd under warranty right ? Cause it only has 3600miles and it has no aftermarket parts on itduring thw whole time I’ve owned the car I mabie gave it 5or 6 hard pulls I even babies it the first 1000miles like the dealer said to do and then one day just went to start the car and it started making that noise

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
[MENTION=24909]usgiorgi[/MENTION]
So you think mines should be coverd under warranty right ? Cause it only has 3600miles and it has no aftermarket parts on itduring thw whole time I’ve owned the car I mabie gave it 5or 6 hard pulls I even babies it the first 1000miles like the dealer said to do and then one day just went to start the car and it started making that noise
If it turns out to be engine damage, 100% should be under warranty. Don't put a tune or anything else on until you get to the bottom of the sound. The people telling you to ignore it and live with it, will not be the ones paying out of pocket if something goes wrong. If you replace the headers and put a tune on it, warranty is as good as gone.

Chris5.0coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Yeah I don’t have nothing aftermarket on the car except for a spoiler and I never tuned it I’m just stressing on if they try and tell me I’m not coverd under warranty if something wrong with it

orangefurygt

Does your 2018 GT Tick?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium PP1 6sp /Active Exhaust/Nov17
[ame]

My car has been making this noise for a while. First dealer said it sounded normal. Second dealer sent the tech . He heard it then fired up another new 2018 GT. They sounded nothing alike. My car is booked in for next week so they can figure it out. I have 2400km on mine.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a suggestion, don't worry about it. It really doesn't affect the performance or longevity of the car so it's pointless to stress over it. My car makes the noise and I could care less. It runs great and it's been making the noise for over 32000 miles. The previous mustang I had did it too and it lasted over 120,000 miles making the same noise.

Tony
Does it get louder with time?

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
November 2017 build dates have had many reported engine issues. Mine was also a November build. My engine was perfect in neutral but had an obnoxious rattle under light load. I wasn't satisfied with a $50k car that was embarassing to drive. It's easy for guys with no issues to tell you don't worry about it.

OP
OP
ponyv6

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Does it get louder with time?
mine got lauder. started like actual bbq tick 1200miles, now I am worried that it is something else (2000miles).

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

My car has been making this noise for a while. First dealer said it sounded normal. Second dealer sent the tech . He heard it then fired up another new 2018 GT. They sounded nothing alike. My car is booked in for next week so they can figure it out. I have 2400km on mine.
Does it sound the same when not in quite mode? I have heard some rattle specially when cold when in quite mode on mine.
Sponsored