Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stop. Your mighty 392 aint sh!t. And this preceived feeling of torque. Was all in your head. 2016 scat pack. Zero to sixty in 4.2 seconds. 2018 mustang GT. Zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. So tell me that story about how you pass people with ease again. The only reason you passed a GT. Was because they let you. Your gonna have to join the EcoBoost part throttle racing league. With that 10% throttle nonsense.:crackup::crackup:What happens when you go to 20%? You throw the Earth off its axis with all that torque? Next thing your gonna say is your scat pack felt nimble. Right?
You try 20% throttle in Double wide RV that can hit 0-60 in 4.2 secs and then Tell me your butt Dyno doesn’t get wrecked by all the torque.
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
My diesel is pushing close to 600rwhp and 1100rwtorque and it is so much funner to drive than my 18 mustang.....

Okay I'm lying its my DD but the mustang is my weekend warrior and I love getting in it and sporting around. Doing a 60 to 100+mph pull with the torque converter locked in the diesel is a lot of fun and does set you back hard but its not mustang fast for sure. All it does is make you feel fast and until someone on a sports car blows by

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My diesel is pushing close to 600rwhp and 1100rwtorque and it is so much funner to drive than my 18 mustang.....

Okay I'm lying its my DD but the mustang is my weekend warrior and I love getting in it and sporting around. Doing a 60 to 100+mph pull with the torque converter locked in the diesel is a lot of fun and does set you back hard but its not mustang fast for sure. All it does is make you feel fast and until someone on a sports car blows by
That explains why it's always the huge trucks trying to race me at stop lights. Not surprisingly it's always Dodge's.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
It isn't like weight is a factor in how fast you go or anything. :crackup:

The Charger and Chally are both boat anchors. You have a lighter car and a heavier car. You need more torque to get off the line to stay with the lighter car and you need more power to stay beside the lighter car. A fine example of the words horsepower and torque. Thank you. :whew:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't like weight is a factor in how fast you go or anything. :crackup:

The Charger and Chally are both boat anchors. You have a lighter car and a heavier car. You need more torque to get off the line to stay with the lighter car and you need more power to stay beside the lighter car. A fine example of the words horsepower and torque. Thank you. :whew:
Have to admit though that all that torque produces a nice big 18 wheeler exhaust note. You would think a car produced by a Euro owned company would give you a little bit of a race car sound.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10 speed Auto
Stop. Your mighty 392 aint sh!t. And this preceived feeling of torque. Was all in your head. 2016 scat pack. Zero to sixty in 4.2 seconds. 2018 mustang GT. Zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. So tell me that story about how you pass people with ease again. The only reason you passed a GT. Was because they let you. Your gonna have to join the EcoBoost part throttle racing league. With that 10% throttle nonsense.:crackup::crackup:What happens when you go to 20%? You throw the Earth off its axis with all that torque? Next thing your gonna say is your scat pack felt nimble. Right?
That 0-60 nonsense isn't real world. You only get that 3.9 seconds by winding the motor up. That isn't the point, the point was you didn't need to wind up the motor beyond 4000 rpms to get torquey acceleration in a 392. Everyone knows a Mustang is weak down low in the rpms, except for a select few die hard Mustang fans that can't accept facts.

I had a 2015 Challenger SRT A8. My 2018 GT A10 didn't feel nearly as powerful driving around town. It's the nature of these engines, one makes gobs of torque down low while tapering off in hp up top, while the other makes little torque down low but makes tons of power up top.

Let's not pretend the Mustang doesn't have this lack of torque down low.

Naturally, I'm making much more power now with my bolts and E85. But it still needs to wind past 4k to get that "in your face" feeling, even on E85.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That 0-60 nonsense isn't real world. You only get that 3.9 seconds by winding the motor up. That isn't the point, the point was you didn't need to wind up the motor beyond 4000 rpms to get torquey acceleration in a 392. Everyone knows a Mustang is weak down low in the rpms, except for a select few die hard Mustang fans that can't accept facts.

I had a 2015 Challenger SRT. My 2018 GT A10 didn't feel nearly as powerful driving around town. It's the nature of these engines, one makes gobs of torque down low while tapering off in hp up top, while the other makes little torque down low but makes tons of power up top.

Let's not pretend the Mustang doesn't have this lack of torque down low. You're making yourself look like a foolish fanboy.

I've driven many many high powered muscle cars from mopar/chevy/Ford, High torque AWD European turbos that don't move until you get over 3000 rpm's, and now my 18 GT over the last 35 years. You're being dramatic about it. The A10 has something to do with that also.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
This A10 is deceptively quick/fast. My 2013 Camaro SS had more oomph down low which makes it "feel" faster than this car. But there are places where I have romped both cars the same at the same location and when I back off on the GT it is going alot faster when I shut it down at exactly the same distance. This car gets to 100 mph in a blink that's for sure. I also find that travelling at a steady speed this car feels like it's moving slower than the Camaro did & I thought it felt slow at a steady speed already.

Sponsored

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
Hey, prior to the 10 speed the Challenger 392 was the fastest/quickest muscle car out of the 3. Ford was dead last. Also, the 10 speed on the Camaro isn't quite as quick as the 10 speed GT for some reason. I also find it amusing the stock GT's are claiming the car is fast enough, and here I am significantly quicker with headers/xpipe/JLT intake/ported TB and ported manifold/ E85 telling you the lower rpm power could be better. I guess you're so used to slow you don't know what fast is :lol:

I don't know what car you're driving, but my GT felt so slow in stock form I had to mod it within the first month. Only have 1500 miles on it so far.

I did come from a modded Charger hellcat that would destroy 99.9% of the cars here so maybe I'm just missing that instant twin screw supercharger thrust at 15lbs in 1500 rpms.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
On the plus side they were good if I ever had to return fire!
Hey, prior to the 10 speed the Challenger 392 was the fastest/quickest muscle car out of the 3. Ford was dead last. Also, the 10 speed on the Camaro isn't quite as quick as the 10 speed GT for some reason. I also find it amusing the stock GT's are claiming the car is fast enough, and here I am significantly quicker with headers/xpipe/JLT intake/ported TB and ported manifold/ E85 telling you the lower rpm power could be better. I guess you're so used to slow you don't know what fast is :lol:

I don't know what car you're driving, but my GT felt so slow in stock form I had to mod it within the first month. Only have 1500 miles on it so far.

I did come from a modded Charger hellcat that would destroy 99.9% of the cars here so maybe I'm just missing that instant twin screw supercharger thrust at 15lbs in 1500 rpms.

I drove a 27 Ton M109 Howitzer with a shit ton of torque in the Army so I understand where you're coming from. My GT feels so much slower and less fun under 10 miles an hour. But I could blow shit up so not really fair to compare. with that I could beat (depends on definition) 100% of the cars in here including the hellcat.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A

So why didn't you just keep it? Fast is relative to anyone. Just because I find it fast enough doesn't mean you would or vice versa. I'm just saying I find it pretty good but admittedly different than what I had before. I could afford a bigger, faster, badder car if I wanted but I liked a lot of things about the GT & it was a serious bargain compared to other cars I shopped around for too including another Camaro.

Sammy123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sammy
Vehicle(s)
So why didn't you just keep it? Fast is relative to anyone. Just because I find it fast enough doesn't mean you would or vice versa. I'm just saying I find it pretty good but admittedly different than what I had before. I could afford a bigger, faster, badder car if I wanted but I liked a lot of things about the GT & it was a serious bargain compared to other cars I shopped around for too including another Camaro.
The tuner I had decided that knock sensors were an optional feature. I would have kept it otherwise.

I got the 10 speed GT about hearing how quick they are and easy to mod into the 10's N/A. Which I'm pretty much there now. Car is very quick after 4000 rpms, talking pinned to your seat fast (trap speed prior to the ported tb/manifold was 124 full weight, might be 125 or 126 now).

Below 4000 rpms though leaves a bit to be desired. Even with the mods I have. That's all I'm saying, and there's no denying that. Don't know why some have to get their panties in a bunch and pretend the S550 doesn't have this lack of torque down low, that's just pure denial.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
You try 20% throttle in Double wide RV that can hit 0-60 in 4.2 secs and then Tell me your butt Dyno doesn’t get wrecked by all the torque.
Nothin is wrecking my but. Its a life style choice.
Sponsored