Sponsored

2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I don’t sell digital cluster kits. I sell the configuration files. The wait time for the clusters is hit or miss. I’m not sure what the issue you’re having with getting parts is. If you need help you can send me an email.
hello
Thanks for the reply, I did send a reply email last week, to a email I sent about questions on dash cluster and sync 3 conversion kit

my email starts with my username also
Sponsored

dylank9689

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Hey guys,

just a quick question, what's the difference between KR3Z-10849-JG and JR3Z-10849-JB? They seem to work on similar trims but the price is like 200 different. Thanks!

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hey guys,

just a quick question, what's the difference between KR3Z-10849-JG and JR3Z-10849-JB? They seem to work on similar trims but the price is like 200 different. Thanks!

It’s due to a difference in purchasing at Ford. The basic part is the same.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I don’t sell digital cluster kits. I sell the configuration files. The wait time for the clusters is hit or miss. I’m not sure what the issue you’re having with getting parts is. If you need help you can send me an email.
Crickets…lol

I’ve sent a couple follow up emails and no reply??

Side note-small rant..wtf is with every ford dealer??
Called 2 more dealerships in my state and neither had a clue or even where to start on ordering just the cluster

8 now, 1 said he’d get back to me and nothing. Others either ghosted after asking, literally sent 1/2 dozen emails over weeks and nothing. Not one knew anything about a exchange program. Couple flat out said no, can’t be done, odometer Can’t be altered..

All I got is.. wtf

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Crickets…lol

Called 2 more dealerships in my state and neither had a clue or even where to start on ordering just the cluster

8 now, 1 said he’d get back to me and nothing. Others either ghosted after asking, literally sent 1/2 dozen emails over weeks and nothing. Not one knew anything about a exchange program. Couple flat out said no, can’t be done, odometer Can’t be altered..

All I got is.. wtf
I sent you a reply a few days ago and never heard back. Ford dealers aren’t “educated” in changes such as this. I’m not sure what questions you’re asking them or what part numbers you’re giving them.
Ordering a cluster, or any electronic part, isn’t the same as ordering a fender or a cylinder head. You don’t dial up a FAD or place an order through the normal stock order process.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Crickets…lol

All I got is.. wtf
Were you PMing Levittown? Didn't see you asking in their thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/what-can-we-do-for-you.19956/

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Freek,

Just call the guys at AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake (Mike R.) as stated on page one of this thread.. They will know what you need, I believe the thread creator buys a lot of his Ford "Kits" from them. I bought all my steering wheel switches from them and got them in like four days. Just tell them you want to do a digital dash conversion. They should point you in the right direction and/or parts. The other options as stated before. Kits can be purchased from Breeves or maybe also Hextall which comes with all the Forscan programming, parts and mileage adjustment. As they say, sometimes you have to pay to play... other options is to find a wreck unit to get the digital dash out of it. Going this route will require a firmware program to zero out the mileage. Then you increase to your current via Forscan. I believe Breeves and maybe others could do the firmware update. I think the folks in this thread have given you plenty of options.

Last edited:

mbgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
hello all today I did my digital cluster swap in my GT, cluster was purchase used, donor car was a mustang EcoBoost everything works except the tachometer do I need to do something extra in forscan?

thanks

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
@HextallS550
huh, just looked in my junk folder even, no replies within last few weeks from ya. Don’t know .
Gave them the part numbers from the 1st page.

@HoosierDaddy
ya I contacted them, they can get everything but the cluster.

@Ferrcad
Besides your last sentence, all good info and most I already knew.

I was trying to find the cluster on my own and attempt to program what I could , but more I’m thinking I’m thinking I just to skip that part.

But Im also pretty committed to the base to sync 3 conversion (as I was talking back and forth with hex)
but now that I’m looking at the digital cluster also.. I’m thinking it’s a lot of cheddar to pop out..lol
Just want my ducks in a row and knoweverything I can before I commit. OCD thing.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
@Mustangfreek do the Sync3 conversion first. Far more bang for the buck. Plus it gives you the toggle switches. The digital dash is great but it's mostly eye candy.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
hello all today I did my digital cluster swap in my GT, cluster was purchase used, donor car was a mustang EcoBoost everything works except the tachometer do I need to do something extra in forscan?

thanks
There is one line of As Built Data to change for that, it’s on Sam’s spreadsheet in the first page.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
@Mustangfreek do the Sync3 conversion first. Far more bang for the buck. Plus it gives you the toggle switches. The digital dash is great but it's mostly eye candy.
Ya, I’ll admit it’s one of the first mods I looked at for my base 15’ and I contacted hex a month or so ago about it. Then got carried away and a hospital snafu sidetracked me.

Im doing the Sync 3 conversion first.
@Hextall sent ya a message back :)

wesley910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wesley
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost base
Can you put a digital dash out of a manual into an automatic car?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Can you put a digital dash out of a manual into an automatic car?
Would need to find someone to flash the firmware to convert it to automatic and also zero out mileage. Once that is done then it is the same install as detailed in this thread. You would use Forscan to set the correct mileage of your current speedo to the new. I believe the creator of this thread (Breeves) can do it for a price along with some others.
Sponsored