Dizzy33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lionel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback GT 2019
Hello,

it seems that on 6G Mustangs, the cruise control cannot be activated under 20 km/h ( 12 mph ).
As on 2018+ Mustangs we have adaptative cruise control, the 20 kmh is annoying as this means we cannot use adaptative cruise control in the traffic jams, which is where it is the most useful !
On my Volkswagen car it works well in the traffic jams at very low speeds so I am very frustrated.
Is there anyway to force the adaptative cruise control to be enabled under 20 kmh ?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Probably not? Some cars do have adaptive cruise with stop & go capability, but not this one.
Weird. My Mustang is manual trans with non-adaptive cruise, but I would have assumed automatics with adaptive cruise could do stop/start. Interesting.

I mean, I do actually want to drive my car and row gears, but I'm with the OP when it comes to jammed up traffic. You're not "driving" at that point. It's just a chore and anything that makes it less annoying is fine. Our Volvo has it and I use it shamelessly.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
yeah its a downside of this adaptive cruise control . i have looked and paid attention and ive never seen anyone be able to make the working speed be lower.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That sucks. My wife’s Kia has adaptive cruise and it’s great for stop and go traffic.

OP
OP

Dizzy33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lionel
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback GT 2019
Thanks for your answer. Yes the thing I was searching for is called "Stop and Go". I could see that I 'm not the only one to regret this system is not included on our 2018+ Mustang. And to have the adaptative cruise control without it is even dangerous, as you may not pay attention when your car deactivate ACC while in traffic jams, the first time this did happen to me with my Mustang I had to push the break pedal in urgency, as on my Volkswagen the car stops itself, that was a bad surprise for me. It seems that there is no way to activate Stop and Go as the Mustang would need some different cameras, according to what I have read on other threads.
Sponsored