Sponsored

2018+ Clutch

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Currently staying N/A, but getting sick of the high RPM lockouts and have heard this is primarily due to the stock twin disk clutch. So what's out there? Is my only real choice an RXT? Looking for opinions and/or solutions to this.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue PP2
Haven't had it on a track at all. Just have had issues messing around on the street with lockouts above 7k. However I'd love to throw a whipple on it at some point, but have no clue when that would be

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Related question: Do you guys have the 'grind' above 5K rpm when shifting normally? Suposedly if you release the clutch completely before applying any gas, it doesn't do it, but who wants to drive like that spiritedly. Reportedly it's also a 'twin disc issue', but wanted to ask here if that's the case. Hopefully not. I still don't know if my car has that 'feature' because I'm in break-in, hence my asking. But also want to know if it's 'all the MT-82s make it', or just for a lucky few :D. Thanks gang.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
Haven't had it on a track at all. Just have had issues messing around on the street with lockouts above 7k. However I'd love to throw a whipple on it at some point, but have no clue when that would be
Do the Mcleod RST and rebuilt to RXT spec when/if you roast it with that future Whipple.

We'll take care of you. Message any of us if interested.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are both spring-assisted? The MT-82 needs the springs, for what I've read. And the shifting issues seem to be due to the clutch, not the tranny, correct? Although the tranny has some weak links, like badly welded forks, and several plastic parts, that when replaced, make the tranny a lot stronger, reportedly. Hope not to have any issues with it :D.
Sponsored