12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone else see this thread in the main section with ordering options from the US ordering system for 2018? Some interesting colour changes as well as options.

I wonder what it means for the 'world car.' I would've ordered DIB for sure if it were still available, but Kona is pretty nice too.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69847
Sponsored

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
Looks like I won't be getting Grabber Blue for 2018.......might get Kona Blue, hope we get some of those option's as well.

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Does anyone know when the builds will swap over to the 2018 model? Just that I've been ordering spare parts for the 2015 model. I'd be gutted if they were no longer applicable.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Looks like I won't be getting Grabber Blue for 2018.......might get Kona Blue, hope we get some of those option's as well.
When did you order? I'm worried about not getting it as much as I am what it'll look like in person LOL.

LFCRulesOK, change over is in June I believe.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Does anyone know when the builds will swap over to the 2018 model? Just that I've been ordering spare parts for the 2015 model. I'd be gutted if they were no longer applicable.
They shut the line down just recently for a week for changes.

However generally Job 4 is after the 4th of July shut down, then they switch over.

I almost didn't get a 2015, however the dealer traded for a unbuilt allocation so I could order a car; it was built in the last week of July.

Sponsored

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
They shut the line down just recently for a week for changes.
The one week shut down was because of sagging US sales of the Mustang, and Ford not wanting to have excess stock from continuing to build cars (why they didn't use the time to shorten the overseas wait is another matter).

http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...mporarily-idled-after-sales-plunge-32-percent

Job 1 for the next MY is typically around June or July, but with the S197 mid-cycle refresh they brought the date forward by a few months, so who knows when it will happen.

Keep in mind that our cars are built about three months prior to arriving in Oz, which complicates trying to figure out which MY you might receive.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
How will we know if we are receiving s MY17 or 18, is there a changeover date?

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
How will we know if we are receiving s MY17 or 18, is there a changeover date?
We won't know until we have a build date, and even then it won't but certain until we know when Job 1 is for MY18. The changeover is typically June or July, but could be earlier with the refresh (it was with the last model).

Last edited:

AMJAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Aug 17 arrival)
I am having this problem as well. I don't know what I will get. Apparently there was no ability to place orders last week I am waiting to see if I get a car in 6 or 9 months. Because I am getting a manual it apparently could go either way

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP

Sponsored

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
When did you order? I'm worried about not getting it as much as I am what it'll look like in person LOL.

LFCRulesOK, change over is in June I believe.
I ordered July 15 and when Grabber Blue was announced asked Ford to change my order they said cancel and go to end of the line, so I cancelled and decided to wait for the 2018 refresh. Part of me is hoping for a Shelby or Mach 1 for RHD.

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
None of that is from Ford. Friends of mine who works for Ford said they were doing overhaul during that week and inpart for a 2018 change over.
Fair enough. I did read this in another article at the time though:

"The second-largest U.S. automaker idled the factory in Flat Rock, south of Detroit, to match production capacity with demand, Kelli Felker, a company spokeswoman, said in an e-mailed statement."

Hopefully they did use the time to do something useful like prepare for MY18, although it was also reported that it was a very short notice shutdown, which was part of the explaination for why the time wasn't used to bump up RHD production.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
10 speed auto!? Will feel like you're driving a Mack Truck with that many gear changes

mustang mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt race red fastback (ordered)
10 speed or 6 speed or 7 or 8 speed auto, most people won't care that much. I find 6 gears is just about right for my driving capabilities. Whatever people get they will be happy with it. My dad's merc has a 7 speed auto gearbox and I for the life of me can't feel the difference between that and my 6 speed auto. I have to look at the dash to see what gear I am in. All good.
Sponsored