Sponsored

2018 Changes

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
as far as i gather ford aus orders for example "200 fb v8's, 50 fb eco's, and 50 v8 verts, colour to be specified within 3 months prior to build" that way ford aus can organize "batches"

where as Europe uses a different system which lets them have a few more options to be finalized prior to build date, it comes down to whoever the idiot is that sorted aus's ordering negotiations. but oh well. i'm happy with my '17 gt. to be honest i would have just picked the ebony interior anyway.
Sponsored

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 A180 South Seas Blue w/AMG Line
so speaking to ford australia on facebook, we wont be getting the magneride or the 10 speed here (anytime soon), any auto's on order are going to be 6 speed with select shift paddles. the ordering system they are using to order from the states is basicly "fb or vert-engine-transmission-colour-wheels" they are looking at updating the euro system but not yet. if they did you could order some selected options like interior colour.

we probably wont be seeing much in a change to spec until the next refresh when it's not a "trial rhd production"
If I order today, I won't get it until Dec 2017. Production will definitely be MY18, which means 10spd auto plus possibly MagnRide etc. If you have already ordered, what you get will depend on where in the queue you are when they switch to MY18.

Of course there's no 10AT option right now, because it's not offical yet

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean the lowering springs and handling pack are an option from ford Australia or just through that particular dealership ?
I believe that dealer is offering it as installed option, but the brochure/offer is probably from Ford Australia. Either way, I highly doubt they would offer if it wasn't ADR or roadworthy. I asked the sales guy and he said yes... but we all know they can be wrong.

Apparently it just became available, so check with your dealer.

I'm excited because it means someone (probably Ford AU) did the testing to make sure it meets ADR etc. The VicRoads VSI8 is pretty strict on what you're allowed to change and technically any suspension mods will affect ESC, so if you crash on lowered springs or coilovers, insurance can deny because it's not roadworthy.

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
If I order today, I won't get it until Dec 2017. Production will definitely be MY18, which means 10spd auto plus possibly MagnRide etc. If you have already ordered, what you get will depend on where in the queue you are when they switch to MY18.

Of course there's no 10AT option right now, because it's not offical yet
if you live in the US then that is true, however you wont have the wait till 2018, if you order today, you will get the spec's available on the ford system today, ford aus will carry the spec for the my16/17 for a good while. its not like the factory will just chuck in what ever parts they have laying around in the pile. but you can always order and hope that you get the good stuff. they will be built to the order you placed which is what the ford system lists. so unless the dealership has the order option for the 10sp then it wont be on the build spec.

you might find that ford aus will order a batch of 10 sp with magneride etc, and badge it as "tickford" or something stupid like that.

sure there are little changes like sync3 etc but nothing major like a trans would be changed.

but keep hoping, chuck your order in and love that car you get, i sure as hell love mine.

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
if you live in the US then that is true, however you wont have the wait till 2018, if you order today, you will get the spec's available on the ford system today, ford aus will carry the spec for the my16/17 for a good while. its not like the factory will just chuck in what ever parts they have laying around in the pile. but you can always order and hope that you get the good stuff. they will be built to the order you placed which is what the ford system lists. so unless the dealership has the order option for the 10sp then it wont be on the build spec.

you might find that ford aus will order a batch of 10 sp with magneride etc, and badge it as "tickford" or something stupid like that.

sure there are little changes like sync3 etc but nothing major like a trans would be changed.

but keep hoping, chuck your order in and love that car you get, i sure as hell love mine.
Ford AU is just an importer. Ford USA makes both LHD and RHD in the same plant from what I've read. So once it switches to MY18, rhd will be MY18 too. That means 10AT. Didn't that happen when they dropped Competition Orange and offered Grabber Blue? People didn't get what they ordered cos it was no longer available.

Maybe dual mode exhaust and MR will be options, depending on what the global spec rhd is determined by Ford to be.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
^^ Correct..........I assume the Australian order process is similar to the UK. We had a number of people who's original colour choice (ie DIB / Comp Orange) was not longer available once their car was scheduled to be built, so they had to swap to the available colours

Flat Rock, where all the S550s are built, will not build both pre and post facelift cars at the same time......or if they do I will be VERY surprised.

Content is different though. We can assume the 10-speed auto will be available for all, but an early screen shot from a Ford system showed it to be "US-Spec only". I'm hoping that's a red herring though.

However, anyone that orders a new S550 now is very likely to receive an '18MY facelift car.....and they'll have to potentially change their spec if their chosen color or options is no longer available.

:)

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Interestingly, the Ford Performance (FRPP) lowering springs and Track Handling Pack are now a dealer fit option, which must mean they comply with ADR and roadworthy regs ������
For the 2015 or 2018 model?

If for the 2015, did you manage to get a quote?

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the 2015 or 2018 model?

If for the 2015, did you manage to get a quote?
It was for the current S550 2015+ Mustang.

Track Pack installed was $4k-ish.
Lowering springs was $1.2 installed.

Check with your dealer; looked like a standard price sheet from Ford AU.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It was for the current S550 2015+ Mustang.

Track Pack installed was $4k-ish.
Lowering springs was $1.2 installed.

Check with your dealer; looked like a standard price sheet from Ford AU.
That sounds about the same price as Herrod , so Knox ford are probably just getting the parts through him

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That sounds about the same price as Herrod , so Knox ford are probably just getting the parts through him
I'm not too worried about where the parts are coming from; I'd assume Ford dealers get factory pricing from Ford/Ford Performance.

What I do care about is that it means ADR/roadworthy for suspension changes.

Were Herrod offering that already?

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not too worried about where the parts are coming from; I'd assume Ford dealers get factory pricing from Ford/Ford Performance.

What I do care about is that it means ADR/roadworthy for suspension changes.

Were Herrod offering that already?
Herrod have been offering all the Ford performance branded parts for several months now . As for ford Aus offering the handling kits , I contacted them and they don't know anything about it at this stage :shrug:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I received an email from the dealership I purchased at about a month ago with what sounds like all these same offers. Exhaust, springs, track pack etc. All covered by warranty. I guess FordAU has given the dealerships approval to offer these but it's probably still up to the dealership as to whether they do or not. Prices were not cheap. I mentioned some of them in a thread somewhere here.
Sponsored