2018 Changes

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
The huge number of ratios is to satisfy the ever demanding fuel economy requirements of the fleet. I can't imagine it adding to the driving pleasure. I'd rather hear the motor go through a bit of the rev range.
Sponsored

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
Here's the Camaro 10 speed look's fun to drive I look at it like a push bike would you rather 6 gears or 10 on a racer?

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
do anyone know what happens if we get moved over to 2018 models and there are more options like magneride (i hope is standard + we get it in australia). do we need to pay more again for these options.. i m going auto. any auto box is okay with me. but i kinda want the magneride.

OP
OP
12baller12

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
do anyone know what happens if we get moved over to 2018 models and there are more options like magneride (i hope is standard + we get it in australia). do we need to pay more again for these options.. i m going auto. any auto box is okay with me. but i kinda want the magneride.
Presumably Ford Australia will choose/negotiate a spec like they have with MY15/16/17 and options will remain limited.

I was told that if a major refresh happens and the price goes up that I will still be paying what we agreed to when I ordered.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
If they're an actual option here (ie one you need to specify) then I suspect you'd have to reorder, start the wait again and probably pay more if you want that option but if it's a standard feature then even if the price goes up, you'll get it for the price on your contract.

My biggest concern is colour. I really don't know what I'd do. I need to see Lightning Blue in person as Kona I think is too dark but then I'd also like to see what the new orange is as I certainly would've considered Competition Orange if it were still available. There's also a third red being added as if 2 weren't enough.

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
If they announce gotta have it green I'll be ordering a new car

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
If they're an actual option here (ie one you need to specify) then I suspect you'd have to reorder, start the wait again and probably pay more if you want that option but if it's a standard feature then even if the price goes up, you'll get it for the price on your contract.

My biggest concern is colour. I really don't know what I'd do. I need to see Lightning Blue in person as Kona I think is too dark but then I'd also like to see what the new orange is as I certainly would've considered Competition Orange if it were still available. There's also a third red being added as if 2 weren't enough.
Theres a low kilometer Competition Orange for sale in Car Sales for $130,000.00. :eyebulge:Appears standard and the owner is putting out a speculator on someone who must have a rare colour.

goldman_cpa

@the_mustang_accountant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
His wife craaaaaaaaaaazy

Crispi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Getz
Wonder if the pony light's on the mirrors will change or vanish on the 18 refresh?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Pony lights were on the '13/'14 models and, strangely, didn't appear to have any problems. Seems it's only the S550 version that's problematic, so something must have changes between model years.

Rex Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 A180 South Seas Blue w/AMG Line
[MENTION=25424]12baller12[/MENTION] [MENTION=27090]King3o0o[/MENTION] I went in to Knox Ford dealer over the weekend and the guy said any contract signed now will be the price, even if price goes up. I highly doubt prices will drop.

I fully expect the 10spd auto to be standard in auto. Hopefully we'll get the dual mode exhaust and MagneRide too.

Interestingly, the Ford Performance (FRPP) lowering springs and Track Handling Pack are now a dealer fit option, which must mean they comply with ADR and roadworthy regs

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
[MENTION=25424]12baller12[/MENTION] [MENTION=27090]King3o0o[/MENTION] I went in to Knox Ford dealer over the weekend and the guy said any contract signed now will be the price, even if price goes up. I highly doubt prices will drop.

I fully expect the 10spd auto to be standard in auto. Hopefully we'll get the dual mode exhaust and MagneRide too.

Interestingly, the Ford Performance (FRPP) lowering springs and Track Handling Pack are now a dealer fit option, which must mean they comply with ADR and roadworthy regs ������
Do you mean the lowering springs and handling pack are an option from ford Australia or just through that particular dealership ?

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
so speaking to ford australia on facebook, we wont be getting the magneride or the 10 speed here (anytime soon), any auto's on order are going to be 6 speed with select shift paddles. the ordering system they are using to order from the states is basicly "fb or vert-engine-transmission-colour-wheels" they are looking at updating the euro system but not yet. if they did you could order some selected options like interior colour.

we probably wont be seeing much in a change to spec until the next refresh when it's not a "trial rhd production"

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
lame. How do they explain the fact that (As far as I know) UK buyers CAN order the interior colour?
Sponsored