Sponsored

2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
if they are already building them, right?
If they were already building them the dealer orders would have already been taken in, and if that were the case that most likely would have leaked out somewhere already.

My guess would be that dealer ordering will start right after the NAIAS launch, customer orders in February with production starting in March/April. Depending on sales numbers and if there is a production limit they might run through into the 2019 model year, like they did in 2008/09.

Bullitt3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Bullitt
attachment.jpg

Ford did tease the 2008 before release. They released a silhouette of the car from the front about a week prior to the media release.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If they were already building them the dealer orders would have already been taken in, and if that were the case that most likely would have leaked out somewhere already.

My guess would be that dealer ordering will start right after the NAIAS launch, customer orders in February with production starting in March/April. Depending on sales numbers and if there is a production limit they might run through into the 2019 model year, like they did in 2008/09.
I suppose it's possible it's not been built yet and that they could be using the pre-production car on the auction block and then send the winning bidder Bullitt #1 once it's built. Either way just happy to hear that these will probably be 2018s. Means I'll be able to enjoy it all summer :D

Reactions: 113

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
7f96b12bb6fb0cd1c7f11bcbe72309e7.jpg

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
I suppose it's possible it's not been built yet and that they could be using the pre-production car on the auction block and then send the winning bidder Bullitt #1 once it's built. Either way just happy to hear that these will probably be 2018s. Means I'll be able to enjoy it all summer :D
200.gif

Reactions: 113

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
:D
bullittease.jpg

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
They could always use the one the guy took pictures of last month as a placeholder, and the winner gets the first one hot off the assembly line.

I wonder what they might throw in to get a higher selling price? Otherwise, why would you spend more than $10-20K or so over sticker? I guess you could write off your taxes anything over the invoice cost, but that's it.

On a different note: I wish Ford would get out of the "limited edition" Mustang business and just sell us as many as we want. GT350R, Bullitt, GT500, Mach1, whatever. Just put the options out there and see how they do, I doubt they would sell all that many more than their planned run. With the other guys, anyone can go down and get the fastest model without much ADM. Ford all but guarantees dealers are going to gouge us but putting artificial limits on their cars.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Sooooooo nice

The differences are minimal, but they really make a difference. Those fenders that "hood" the headlamps (much like the Saleen render)......the more aggressive lower fascia......:headbang:

Here's the Saleen to compare those headlamps/fenders

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I wonder what they might throw in to get a higher selling price? Otherwise, why would you spend more than $10-20K or so over sticker? I guess you could write off your taxes anything over the invoice cost, but that's it.
Well if it's the very first one there could be some added value there, which could grow with time. I'm sure whoever buys #1 will factor the potential future collector value into their bid.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
On a different note: I wish Ford would get out of the "limited edition" Mustang business and just sell us as many as we want. GT350R, Bullitt, GT500, Mach1, whatever. Just put the options out there and see how they do, I doubt they would sell all that many more than their planned run. With the other guys, anyone can go down and get the fastest model without much ADM. Ford all but guarantees dealers are going to gouge us but putting artificial limits on their cars.

Pretty sure they'll build all the GT350, Bullitts, GT500 and, if it happens, Mach 1s they can.

The only real Limited Edition (as opposed to Special Edition) was the 50th Anniversary LE, which was limited to 1964 examples :)

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Pretty sure they'll build all the GT350, Bullitts, GT500 and, if it happens, Mach 1s they can.

The only real Limited Edition (as opposed to Special Edition) was the 50th Anniversary LE, which was limited to 1964 examples :)
Well, the GT350R and the previous GT500 both had production limits, even the non-R GT350 did to start with, they were allocating them to dealers based on previous sales. Some people want to buy these things as investments, great, but most of us want to drive them.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
CRAP!
Great Charity!!!
But I hate these new release at Barrett Jackson auctions. All it does is feed ADM.
I (and I know of others) had pre-release deals done in 2006 for the 07 GT500 that got 'undone' once the first GT500 was sold at BJ to Ron Pratte for $600,000. Dealers went nuts here in Cali after seeing that auction number.

While it helps the Charity and gives Ford (and GM when they do it) lots of free publicity it just totally screws 'real world' buyers.
Sponsored