(2017 S550)Light smoke from drivers side engine bay

Dcrowell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I’ve noticed a burning smell similar to that of rubber usually about 5-10 minutes after a cold start accompanied by very light smoke. Couldn’t identify a specific location because of how light it was plus it didn’t last very long, but seemed to come from directly under the dip stick. I drive a 2017 Mustang Gt Premium. Oil pressure and oil temp seems to be fine according to my gauges. Engine temperature is normal as well. When the smell and/or smoke comes it doesn’t last very long but I am quite concerned about it. Any help would be great.
Sponsored

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I’ve noticed a burning smell similar to that of rubber usually about 5-10 minutes after a cold start accompanied by very light smoke. Couldn’t identify a specific location because of how light it was plus it didn’t last very long, but seemed to come from directly under the dip stick. I drive a 2017 Mustang Gt Premium. Oil pressure and oil temp seems to be fine according to my gauges. Engine temperature is normal as well. When the smell and/or smoke comes it doesn’t last very long but I am quite concerned about it. Any help would be great.
its likely a valve cover gasket leak.. really common on the gen2