Sponsored

Almost got my first speeding ticket, got lucky

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
So I'm still breaking in my new GT350. Just passed 350 miles on my car, felt it was a "special" number and decided to give it a little more than usual. For me, this meant 6k rpm shifts while accelerating onto the freeway.

Of course I had the exhaust on sport mode, next thing I know, flashing blue lights coming up fast from quite a distance behind me. The officer said "really nice car, I know you want to open her up, but I had to pull you over". Well, I got lucky, he let me off with a warning and commented a number of times about it being a very nice car. Now I really do feel humbled and blessed to be able to own my GT350.

Have others had close encounters with the law?
Sponsored

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Was driving down a two lane road near my house.
No intersecting other roads or houses near by so...
I am doing about 40, down shift and nail it. Shelby gets super loud and I zoom up to 80 coming up to a corner. Heavy on the breaks because not sure what's around corner.
Around the corner... County cop that has almost rolled to a stop waiting on me with the radar.
I have a buddy that's a cop. When I told him the story he said... yea Marcus consider that a blessing

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So I'm still breaking in my new GT350. Just passed 350 miles on my car, felt it was a "special" number and decided to give it a little more than usual. For me, this meant 6k rpm shifts while accelerating onto the freeway.

Of course I had the exhaust on sport mode, next thing I know, flashing blue lights coming up fast from quite a distance behind me. The officer said "really nice car, I know you want to open her up, but I had to pull you over". Well, I got lucky, he let me off with a warning and commented a number of times about it being a very nice car. Now I really do feel humbled and blessed to be able to own my GT350.

Have others had close encounters with the law?
Same story here. I was never asked for DL or REG. Kept commenting nice car.

At the end, I offered to let him take it for a spin. Nice guy...... Wound up knowing some of the same people.

This car is an officer magnet. I won't even think of being anywhere near alcohol with this car in my control. Not only is it a magnet, but an exercise in self control.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I keep my bursts of anger to pulling away from toll booths and onramps:(

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
I've been lucky, but i did get a ticket for 77 in a 30. Few months ago after all the rain and flooding we had in Houston, i just got my exhaust and wanted to tear into it on a back straight road I've know for years. There was a cop sitting right there hidden in some trees. He asked if i knew how fast i was going, i said i know it wasn't slow, he asked why and i told him the truth about the exhaust. He was nice but i did get the ticket, which is pretty obvious.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I've been lucky, but i did get a ticket for 77 in a 30. Few months ago after all the rain and flooding we had in Houston, i just got my exhaust and wanted to tear into it on a back straight road I've know for years. There was a cop sitting right there hidden in some trees. He asked if i knew how fast i was going, i said i know it wasn't slow, he asked why and i told him the truth about the exhaust. He was nice but i did get the ticket, which is pretty obvious.
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: NYC thats a life changing ticket we cant plea here. That would be a speed ticket, a reckless driving ticket and a $300 assessment

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: NYC thats a life changing ticket
I'm pretty sure he could've done more, I'm not too sure of the law past a certain amount here. I know it could've been worse, i was nice and admitted being stupid.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got out of a ticket in my 370Z.

COP: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: Not as fast is I could have been going.

We both laugh and I get a warning, but it could have been in part that I was in uniform.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: NYC thats a life changing ticket we cant plea here. That would be a speed ticket, a reckless driving ticket and a $300 assessment
Life changing for sure up in NH..Add 3 years of insurance charges on top of what [MENTION=24742]firestarter2[/MENTION] said.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Life changing for sure up in NH..Add 3 years of insurance charges on top of what @firestarter2 said.
In Texas, it all in how the officer writes it. They have the option to just write it as speeding or they can write it as wreckless driving, or both. No matter you will still get the insurance hit.

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have Waze. I know where the cops are usually :ninja:. I feel pretty cocky at times. Praise be to the FSM!
:cheers:

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
I got out of a ticket in my 370Z.

COP: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: Not as fast is I could have been going.

We both laugh and I get a warning, but it could have been in part that I was in uniform.
This is fantastic!

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
On radar at 145 mph, turn one Pacific Raceway. LOL, lots of people going fast. Only place to play is on the track.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is fantastic!
I'm usually only a smartass after they start writing the ticket. But that time it just came out.

I have heard that if you can make a cop laugh they will likely give you a warning.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
I'm usually only a smartass after they start writing the ticket. But that time it just came out.

I have heard that if you can make a cop laugh they will likely give you a warning.
Good to know....note to self, always have bank statement with me at all times. :D
Sponsored