Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
hello

I wanted to provide an update on my 2017’s repair status and see if anyone has any thoughts

The car developed a slight knocking sound after about 8,100 miles- no oil consumption and bone stock. Fresh oil and filter before the sound. Always had excellent oil pressure also

The dealer thinks the noise is coming from the top end but it sounds like a rod to me. They called a field service engineer in to evaluate it and he directed them to change the oil to see if that made a difference (scheduled for Monday)

He also asked them to take the car to another dealership across town because that place also had a 350 making the exact same noise. They are also bringing in a more specialized engineer to evaluate both.

Given all the issues they have had with these motors you would think that it’s easier to just swap them out as opposed to all this.

Has anyone else had to live through this, especially the oil change (which I think is useless)
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Given it’s 25k or so for the swap, they don’t do it lightly.

OP
OP
Rubyred17

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well my 2017 came back after a week at the dealer with its original engine. The dealership asked a field service engineer to look at it and upon inspection he did not feel that the knock was abnormal. He cited the TSB pertaining to the ticking noise (even though its actually a knock). They changed the oil to see if that helped and it did not. It still sounds like this:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/For...570499992787158&notif_t=group_comment_mention

The engineer went to another local dealer and said a new unsold 2016 sounded identical to mine. The service advisor (car guy) pushed for a new engine but the engineer said it needed to get worse. I have plenty of warranty left so I am going to drive it and enjoy

Speaking of worse, since they changed the oil I thought I better check the filter and I am dam glad I did. The thing was way loose. It took two full turns to get to 17 lbs torque. I would strongly recommend to double check the dealers work!
Sponsored