Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A new 20 at MSRP or a used car out of bumper to bumper? I'd take the new one at MSRP.

That's only my opinion. The '17s were probably the most problematic in terms of oil consumption, but I still have one and the other that I traded in never exceeded the allowable oil usage.

So go with your heart on this one.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
A new 20 at MSRP or a used car out of bumper to bumper? I'd take the new one at MSRP.

That's only my opinion. The '17s were probably the most problematic in terms of oil consumption, but I still have one and the other that I traded in never exceeded the allowable oil usage.

So go with your heart on this one.
Tom,

Those same thoughts have gone through my head a lot recently. I dont mind spending a few grand on an extended warranty which I’ve found some good prices on during this search. It would cost a quarter of what I’d pay on sales tax and shipping alone for a 2020 R. Then there’s that warranty issue on the 20’s for track use that doesn’t settle well with me. last and most unimportantly, I don’t see any 20’s on the market that do it for me color wise. Not a huge deal but it goes into how much I’m willing to spend.

I had a 17 base before with oil consumption issues and I am very sensitive to this matter. The seller is also aware and has been checking oil frequently over the last few hundred miles (not many miles) but hasn’t seen anything yet.

The price is right where I’d like to be for a car that I’d occasionally track and enjoy riding out on the remote roads near me for a coffee. If inspection by Ford looks good and I can extend out the warranty until 2025 or so, I’d be happy with this dynamic. Still a lot of variables to cover, but I do respect what you’re saying and agree with a lot of your comments.

Thank you for chiming in!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom,

Those same thoughts have gone through my head a lot recently. I dont mind spending a few grand on an extended warranty which I’ve found some good prices on during this search. It would cost a quarter of what I’d pay on sales tax and shipping alone for a 2020 R. Then there’s that warranty issue on the 20’s for track use that doesn’t settle well with me. last and most unimportantly, I don’t see any 20’s on the market that do it for me color wise. Not a huge deal but it goes into how much I’m willing to spend.

I had a 17 base before with oil consumption issues and I am very sensitive to this matter. The seller is also aware and has been checking oil frequently over the last few hundred miles (not many miles) but hasn’t seen anything yet.

The price is right where I’d like to be for a car that I’d occasionally track and enjoy riding out on the remote roads near me for a coffee. If inspection by Ford looks good and I can extend out the warranty until 2025 or so, I’d be happy with this dynamic. Still a lot of variables to cover, but I do respect what you’re saying and agree with a lot of your comments.

Thank you for chiming in!
Then you are a well informed buyer. Use your best judgement, you are a trained decision maker and you make very important ones every day you are out there.

Go with the decision that you have made.

Sponsored

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
PS - the oldest lie in the book is that the owner is going to keep it for his self....or that the owner ordered it for a friend but they backed out...all of these are such BS.
I don't know, I had someone that came in this morning and is at home talking it over with his wife. He said he will come back this afternoon with a deposit...

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
The seller has offered to take $1500 off and do the window tint ($600) if I handle shipping. $62k now and he’s paying for oil change and used car inspection at a ford dealership.

He sent me a new batch of very detailed pics and video of the car. It has the standard panel misalignment issues that my base 17 had, very little if any bumper sag. And a bit of scrapes under the splitter and one small rock ding on the front lip of the hood. The rest looks great. Wheels, tires, interior, etc.

Any other gotchas I should consider for a 17 R that we might have not thought about?

edit* seller noted the vehicle vin was cloned and used for a stolen/wrecked car in FL. He has a copy of police report stating it was not the car in the accident and had mentioned he’s been communicating with Carfax to have the info corrected. In the meantime, is there a good vin look up site that can actually show me accurate info on my his cars history if it was indeed cloned and Carfax isn’t able to provide accurate info at the moment?

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You're also dealing with the difference in depreciation for a 3 year old car. Technically, if you buy a 20, you can expect to sell it for at least what you're considering buying this 17 for now. ;). Good luck bud

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
You're also dealing with the difference in depreciation for a 3 year old car. Technically, if you buy a 20, you can expect to sell it for at least what you're considering buying this 17 for now. ;). Good luck bud
My brain is just a piece of cow dung after 12 hours solo with my little boys today, so forgive me for being daft.

Are you implying that buying a 2020R depreciation if I sold it right away would be similar to the $62k purchase price I’m looking at for a sale 2017 R?

im having a pick me up cocktail now so maybe I’ll connect the dots of what you were trying to say.

Cheers!

Sponsored
OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
hahaha!!! So true!

Track us excluded from warranty or out of pocket for extended warranty? Number one desired color combo on a 4 year old car or take an orange or green 2020 for $16k more plus tax plus shipping for original ownership peace of mind. What a great problem to have right?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The owner has sent me a lot of very detailed pictures and videos and I’m pretty impressed with the condition of this 1450 miles 2017z interior and exterior look flawless, cup 2s look like they are in excellent shape.

He has offered me to come check it out and if we go with it, he’ll cover shipping from Houston to Phoenix. That right there is $1100 bucks.

I think my only hang up is the warranty clock being far along. Obviously out of 3 year and roughly 1.5 years or so left on power train, I’m thinking it couldn’t hurt to pursue extended warranty.

I think if he’ll cover shipping, I’d probably be thrilled if he took $62.5 due to no window tint of PPF. We thinking thats something to lock down?

She is a pretty car. I like the after market stripes and it’s nice to know I can ditch them if they look too busy in person with the black painted roof.

F206182A-269E-4F58-8952-E7D3B89A9C99.jpeg

DADA77C1-B988-436A-AE05-95ACD340AB6B.jpeg
OP - don't know if this was mentioned to the seller or if you noticed (I didn't see it mentioned) but I noticed the passenger-side tri-bar daytime accent lights do not appear to be on in this pic, while the driver side is.

DADA77C1-B988-436A-AE05-95ACD340AB6Bg.jpg

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
OP - don't know if this was mentioned to the seller or if you noticed (I didn't see it mentioned) but I noticed the passenger-side tri-bar daytime accent lights do not appear to be on, while the driver side is.

DADA77C1-B988-436A-AE05-95ACD340AB6Bg.jpg
Great catch! I know something was looking lopsided in this pic! Let me reference the rest of the videos and pics he sent to confirm.

Thank you!

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Great catch! I know something was looking lopsided in this pic! Let me reference the rest of the videos and pics he sent to confirm.

Thank you!
Np - my eyes always seem to catch the details, sometimes to my own detriment lol. Just wanted to point this out, as it may or may not affect the sale.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Np - my eyes always seem to catch the details, sometimes to my own detriment lol. Just wanted to point this out, as it may or may not affect the sale.
All good! We talked today about how to settle any issues with the used car inspection. He said he’d cover anything that wouldn’t be covered under warranty. Anything extreme obviously I walk.
Sponsored