Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

EYTALIAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT-R 2016 F150 2013 Abarth Track Toy
No worries my friend! I have kept meticulous record of all communications during this process, so let me know if you have any other questions. My build-sheet was definitely given to the sales rep on 28 Jul. The preview order sheet was time-stamped 29 Jul, but that could be the moment the sales rep opened/viewed that particular instance of the order and the system just 'tagged' a time right then. It is possible the actual order was submitted to the bank the same day I provided them with my build-sheet; however this is just speculation. My previous post's timeline is the most accurate based on verifiable events thus far.
Thanks. Dealer order placed 7/27 @ 10:42am, priority 10, currently on material hold
Sponsored

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Thanks. Dealer order placed 7/27 @ 10:42am, priority 10, currently on material hold
From what I have pieced together thru the forums, dealerships, and reps, the dealer allocation lotto is influenced by previous year sales success, regional priority, chicken bones, sheep's blood, and black-magic.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I believe my car is in Champagne, Illinois!

Any idea how long it will take to get to Houston???

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Note, order is for a 2018 Lighting Blue GT350 (non-R) with electronics package and stripe delete. I posted this a few entries back, but received another update from my sales rep today (12 Sep). They have been providing me with screenshots of what their tracking system shows. Previously, the system only reflected limited information; however today the system updated and has provided additional details (specifically the "Scheduled to Day" date). The updated fields have "prorated" information and now show the specific dates Ford tagged on my order. Additionally (and the important part), the ETA field is now visible.

Order process thus far (updated via aforementioned details above):
- 28 Jul; Build specs were given to my sale rep
- 29 Jul; Preview Order Sheet with a pri-code of 10
- 21 Aug (on or about); Ford tagged order with pri-code 01
- 31 Aug; VIN and "Scheduled to Week (Week of 09 Oct)"
- 01 Sep; "Scheduled to Day (12 Oct)"
- ETA: Between 31 Oct and 06 Nov

I hope this information helps someone; thanks!

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Note, order is for a 2018 Lighting Blue GT350 (non-R) with electronics package and stripe delete. I posted this a few entries back, but received another update from my sales rep today (12 Sep). They have been providing me with screenshots of what their tracking system shows. Previously, the system only reflected limited information; however today the system updated and has provided additional details (specifically the "Scheduled to Day" date). The updated fields have "prorated" information and now show the specific dates Ford tagged on my order. Additionally (and the important part), the ETA field is now visible.

Order process thus far (updated via aforementioned details above):
- 28 Jul; Build specs were given to my sale rep
- 29 Jul; Preview Order Sheet with a pri-code of 10
- 21 Aug (on or about); Ford tagged order with pri-code 01
- 31 Aug; VIN and "Scheduled to Week (Week of 09 Oct)"
- 01 Sep; "Scheduled to Day (12 Oct)"
- ETA: Between 31 Oct and 06 Nov

I hope this information helps someone; thanks!
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a GT350. Was looking for a 17 but a local dealer (I'm in NJ and FL but currently mostly NJ) says they can order an 18. How long would it take for delivery if I ordered say next week?

Sponsored

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a GT350. Was looking for a 17 but a local dealer (I'm in NJ and FL but currently mostly NJ) says they can order an 18. How long would it take for delivery if I ordered say next week?
mostly depends on when the order gets pulled by ford and then if gets scheduled before the winter shutdown. unless you get super lucky i would plan on waiting a while

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Until you have a VIN, I wouldn't count on anything. I ordered a 17 at the beginning of last year. Never got the car. (Because of the seat issue). I've ordered an 18 but because of my experience so far I have my doubts. Still waiting on the almighty VIN. Their allocation system is a mystery. Last year priority 19. This year started at a 10.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Until you have a VIN, I wouldn't count on anything. I ordered a 17 at the beginning of last year. Never got the car. (Because of the seat issue). I've ordered an 18 but because of my experience so far I have my doubts. Still waiting on the almighty VIN. Their allocation system is a mystery. Last year priority 19. This year started at a 10.
Thanks guys. Looks like a 17 is the better move. Seems to be quite a few around and they all have the same option. Ideally I want Lightning Blue or Ruby Red.

Wetarded Goat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 - J0238
Thanks guys. Looks like a 17 is the better move. Seems to be quite a few around and they all have the same option. Ideally I want Lightning Blue or Ruby Red.
Sorry that I did not respond quicker; I was taking a sabbatical from adult'ing. I would go with what you think plays into your end game best (eg pricing, timing, availability, patience, etc). The allocation roulette with dealers is kinda unpredictable; unless they can assure you a build before the aforementioned (Frozentroy) winter factory shut down, your dealer may not see a delivery until 2018 just before spring. Never hurts to ask tho! If you have a good dealer or relationship with a sales rep, ask them for an honest ETA. But again, if you find a '17 GT350 that rubs your buddha...grab it!

Seanforney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor Lead Foot/ 2018 GT350 Shadow Blac
Been lurking for awhile. Coming out of a 2011 Comp M3. Ordered 2018 Black no stripes with convenience package. Searched and found a dealer that sold it to me at MSRP. Ordered Aug 29. No updates from dealer as of yet.

Sponsored

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
2018 RR 920A w/ 67S R ELEC PKG, 94B PTD BLK Roof ordered on Aug 11 now Radio Silence

So I placed an order for the one allocated R to the dealership I have dealt with for a very long time on August 11th and nothing showing up on COTUS as of today. This is a Canadian order but I am a little surprised it hasn’t been picked up yet on COTUS. I was at the dealership when they entered in the order and I have a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation with all the details but when I enter it into COTUS nothing. I did notice that in COTUS it says dealer number starts with an F and is 5 digits (numbers). However, my Dealer’s code is 2 letters followed by 4 digits. Could this be the problem? Is there a different format for Canadian Dealers which is different than the US format? I have contacted the dealership and my Sales Rep said he would contact the Dealer's Rep to see why the order hasn’t been picked up yet. This is all new to me, last vehicle was the first time I had ordered a car from scratch (MKC). That was just a 12 week wait from order to delivery. Any advice would be appreciated. I will update as I hear more.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So I placed an order for the one allocated R to the dealership I have dealt with for a very long time on August 11th and nothing showing up on COTUS as of today. This is a Canadian order but I am a little surprised it hasn’t been picked up yet on COTUS. I was at the dealership when they entered in the order and I have a copy of the Vehicle Order Confirmation with all the details but when I enter it into COTUS nothing. I did notice that in COTUS it says dealer number starts with an F and is 5 digits (numbers). However, my Dealer’s code is 2 letters followed by 4 digits. Could this be the problem? Is there a different format for Canadian Dealers which is different than the US format? I have contacted the dealership and my Sales Rep said he would contact the Dealer's Rep to see why the order hasn’t been picked up yet. This is all new to me, last vehicle was the first time I had ordered a car from scratch (MKC). That was just a 12 week wait from order to delivery. Any advice would be appreciated. I will update as I hear more.
I would suggest that you have nothing to worry about as it is still very early in the game with respect to 2018 GT350/R's but would think that you should receive a VIN and scheduled build date by the end of the month.

Other than the early exec cars which usually amounts to the first 8~10 cars and goes to numerous Ford execs/senior managers in Dearborn after that typically the Canadian cars seem to take priority from an early build and chassis standpoint.

I have a good friend in Western Canada who owns "HR013" and I was able to locate that car for him in July of 2016 after which time he purchased the car.

With respect to your dealer code you are correct in suggesting that it starts with 2 letters followed up by 4 numbers.

Also I would think that since your priority build code would be "10"?

Give it a couple more weeks and you should be in good shape!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
I would suggest that you have nothing to worry about as it is still very early in the game with respect to 2018 GT350/R's but would think that you should receive a VIN and scheduled build date by the end of the month.

Other than the early exec cars which usually amounts to the first 8~10 cars and goes to numerous Ford execs/senior managers in Dearborn after that typically the Canadian cars seem to take priority from an early build and chassis standpoint.

I have a good friend in Western Canada who owns "HR013" and I was able to locate that car for him in July of 2016 after which time he purchased the car.

With respect to your dealer code you are correct in suggesting that it starts with 2 letters followed up by 4 numbers.

Also I would think that since your priority build code would be "10"?

Give it a couple more weeks and you should be in good shape!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the info! You are correct the priority build code is 10. I will just have to cool my jets for a couple more weeks. I will update as I hear more. :cheers:

Frozentroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This must be coming out of the two months that they planned on running? So run for a month and a half (instead of 2) and then shut down for another two months before starting up again? Seems like the year gets shorter all the time.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...-plants/ar-AAselfe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
To your point and the FR assembly plant shutdown, it will be interesting to see how the planned 2 week shutdown will affect the GT350/R's?

Prior to this latest announcement it was my understanding that the GT350's would only be produced for the month of October and then resume back again in March 2018 at least for the R models.

As we know decisions can happen very quickly at the FMC so it will be interesting to see how scheduled production unfolds for our cars!

;)
Sponsored