Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
HR815 is finally home.... What an ordeal. It went straight to a detail shop for dealer prep and paint protection. Pictures to follow.

It was at the dealership for less than an hour.
Sponsored

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
2018 RR 920A w/ 67S R ELEC PKG, 94B PTD BLK Roof ordered on Aug 11 UPDATE

I would suggest that you have nothing to worry about as it is still very early in the game with respect to 2018 GT350/R's but would think that you should receive a VIN and scheduled build date by the end of the month.

Other than the early exec cars which usually amounts to the first 8~10 cars and goes to numerous Ford execs/senior managers in Dearborn after that typically the Canadian cars seem to take priority from an early build and chassis standpoint.

I have a good friend in Western Canada who owns "HR013" and I was able to locate that car for him in July of 2016 after which time he purchased the car.

With respect to your dealer code you are correct in suggesting that it starts with 2 letters followed up by 4 numbers.

Also I would think that since your priority build code would be "10"?

Give it a couple more weeks and you should be in good shape!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Got an email from my dealer:

Here is a snapshot of the response I received from my Ford rep yesterday:

R production will not occur until February March making delivery time in April approximately.

At least you won’t have to worry about winter storage?

I have emailed him back asking the question: just this R order or all R orders? As soon as I get a response I will post here. Has anyone actually got a 2018 R scheduled or a VIN and/or any build info? In the meantime I have cancelled my hold for a storage spot…

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Got an email from my dealer:

Here is a snapshot of the response I received from my Ford rep yesterday:

R production will not occur until February March making delivery time in April approximately.

At least you won’t have to worry about winter storage?

I have emailed him back asking the question: just this R order or all R orders? As soon as I get a response I will post here. Has anyone actually got a 2018 R scheduled or a VIN and/or any build info? In the meantime I have cancelled my hold for a storage spot…
I am in the same position as yourself with respect to waiting for a scheduled production date and VIN.

Hopefully one or both of us will receive our information very soon.

With respect to production startup it is my understanding that 2018MY R model production will in fact still launch around mid October.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have been told my R won't be delivered until at least April next year.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
my base 350 is scheduled to be built october 26, a couple weeks before the shutdown. i got my VIN probably over 2 weeks ago. my guess is if you dont get a build date or VIN in the next week, it wont happen until after winter. i know mine isnt an R and not sure if the scheduling works the same so fwiw

Sponsored

AWE350ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT350R
I have been told my R won't be delivered until at least April next year.
Interesting. 96cobra and PP0001 When did your orders get placed? Mine went in on August 11th. I am wondering if the reason for the April delivery is due to the fact that I didn't place the order on the day the order bank opened or close to it.

Speculation: Is it possible that Ford has moved 2018MY R's to later to make room on the line for regular 2018MY Mustangs and non-R's out the door sooner? Did the recently announced 2-week shutdown have anything to do with this?

There is a silver lining in all of this - I can continue to save more money to pay for this thing...:headbang::cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Interesting. 96cobra and PP0001 When did your orders get placed? Mine went in on August 11th. I am wondering if the reason for the April delivery is due to the fact that I didn't place the order on the day the order bank opened or close to it.

Speculation: Is it possible that Ford has moved 2018MY R's to later to make room on the line for regular 2018MY Mustangs and non-R's out the door sooner? Did the recently announced 2-week shutdown have anything to do with this?

There is a silver lining in all of this - I can continue to save more money to pay for this thing...:headbang::cheers:
My order was placed on Wednesday, August 9th which is not much of a different date than when your dealership placed your order.

As I mentioned in an earlier post it is my understanding that R model production will still launch sometime next month but to your point scheduled planning can be changed very quickly after a couple of internal meetings in Dearborn.

We just have to sit back and give it some time and watch everything unfold.

If you want to send me a PM with your contact information I can reach out to you with possibly a little more help.

;)

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
For those of you who have put your orders in for 2018 model years, just curious, have you been paying MSRP or are most dealers still wanting over MSRP?

I am in Miami, and I have checked dealers here and Orlando and they are all still asking 5k over sticker... even on the 2017 that they still have on the lot :shrug:

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Mine is almost exactly the same time, my order was placed August 10th. Dealers didn't have the banks open much before that if I recall correctly, so I doubt you'd find anyone that has had an actual order in before that.

I do know of some dealers that were taking pre-orders based on what they thought they were going to get before learning of their actual allocation #'s. Actual allocation #'s were released sometime during the first week of August (and some dealers were very surprised at their actual #'s).

Also, it's my understanding that the bigger volume dealers (IE, top 10% of Mustang dealers) are the only ones that are getting a 2017 delivery of an 2018 model year R.

For those of you who have put your orders in for 2018 model years, just curious, have you been paying MSRP or are most dealers still wanting over MSRP?

I am in Miami, and I have checked dealers here and Orlando and they are all still asking 5k over sticker... even on the 2017 that they still have on the lot :shrug:
For my R I am paying over sticker, but am happy with what I locked in at. I would think you'd be able to find a car at MSRP for a 2018 non-R with some searching.

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
I was offered a non-R 2018 allocation at $5K over from a large volume dealership in the middle of the country. No thanks.

Sponsored

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Mine is almost exactly the same time, my order was placed August 10th. Dealers didn't have the banks open much before that if I recall correctly, so I doubt you'd find anyone that has had an actual order in before that.

I do know of some dealers that were taking pre-orders based on what they thought they were going to get before learning of their actual allocation #'s. Actual allocation #'s were released sometime during the first week of August (and some dealers were very surprised at their actual #'s).

Also, it's my understanding that the bigger volume dealers (IE, top 10% of Mustang dealers) are the only ones that are getting a 2017 delivery of an 2018 model year R.

For my R I am paying over sticker, but am happy with what I locked in at. I would think you'd be able to find a car at MSRP for a 2018 non-R with some searching.
Yeah, I figured the R is still going to be going over sticker all the way up until the complete end of production. I would be willing to pay slightly over sticker for an R, but not the 15-30k some of these dealers are asking in Florida!'

It is a shame Ford allows that to be honest. Chevrolet will not allow price gouging like that, and if corporate finds out a dealer is marking their zl1s/1LE they will pull their allocations... Not quite sure why Ford doesn't do the same...

ZAMIRZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
I'm in a bit of a predicament because my top 2 color choices (Grabber and Avalanche) will not be offered next year. But having waited this long for the market to cool, I want to get a final year (as far as we know now) car.

We'll see. I have a feeling those who are patient will be rewarded and there will be 2018s on the lot at MSRP (non-R). As always, the dealers are playing the scarcity game with allocations right now.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm in a bit of a predicament because my top 2 color choices (Grabber and Avalanche) will not be offered next year. But having waited this long for the market to cool, I want to get a final year (as far as we know now) car.

We'll see. I have a feeling those who are patient will be rewarded and there will be 2018s on the lot at MSRP (non-R). As always, the dealers are playing the scarcity game with allocations right now.
Some of the issues I have seen with cars that have been sitting (2017's) is that that a lot of them have flaws/issues that have prevented them from being bought in the first place. I would definitely want to see the car in person and go over it from top to bottom before buying if it has been sitting.

There's a guy on youtube that discovered the car he purchased had a paint repair on his first car wash (dealer ended up cancelling the purchase) and the second car he went to look at has some major flaws and he passed on that one also.

Amac8487

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350/ '16 C7 06
Some of the issues I have seen with cars that have been sitting (2017's) is that that a lot of them have flaws/issues that have prevented them from being bought in the first place. I would definitely want to see the car in person and go over it from top to bottom before buying if it has been sitting.

There's a guy on youtube that discovered the car he purchased had a paint repair on his first car wash (dealer ended up cancelling the purchase) and the second car he went to look at has some major flaws and he passed on that one also.
I think I know exactly who you are talking about... and I believe it was in Florida as well if I am not mistaken... Great point
Sponsored