Sponsored

2017-'18 GT500 & GT500KR

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
I guess the Twin Turbo V8 is leaning towards confirmed. We also confirmed a 2017.5 release so, I'm betting a select few will be sold as Pre-refresh 2017's and the rest are sold as 2018's. I'm betting the KR package is released in 2018. The GT500 will have better brakes and rubber over a GT350. Not sure if any automatic trans is planned for the 2017.5, possibility of an auto eventually.

Sub-11 second 1/4 mile
$66,995
800hp
Do you actually hear this stuff from sources, or do you just build on your own speculation? An honest question.
Sponsored

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Where would they put the turbos? There's. Alot of reliability and heat challenges mounting them up high like most aftermarket/Hellion kits out there and it's pretty darn tight for packaging them in the traditional area under the V, even if using a log manifold...

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I'm curious how all this "confirming" is going on. As far as I've been able to discern, this is all rampant internet rumor. The independent rumors that I've heard pushed the car back to '18.5, not up to '17.5, so I'll believe that when I see it. And I still say that it makes a lot more sense that Ford would launch the facelifted '18MY base car and then wait half a year to keep the press bubbling with a new uprated or feature car, just like this last time around. And I've still yet to see anything that indicated anything concrete about the power plant. TT, SC, or otherwise.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Where would they put the turbos? There's. Alot of reliability and heat challenges mounting them up high like most aftermarket/Hellion kits out there and it's pretty darn tight for packaging them in the traditional area under the V, even if using a log manifold...
GT500tt.jpg

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Just worry about the LT4 equipped zl1, that is a tremendous heat issue. The GT500 will expand on the GT350's race bred fascia and run just as cool as the FGT.

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
That's a mirrored version of the 2014 RS7 4.0 TTV8 that someone hacked together. Check the AIS duct, position of the DI pumps, even the engine cover looks identical.

89394914075782338439.jpg

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you actually hear this stuff from sources, or do you just build on your own speculation? An honest question.
Ah, just to be clear, the "TT" is for tooling. However, the GT500 AND HALO Raptor will have a Twin Turbo V8.

By the looks of it, this Ecoboost V8 very well could be an honest Twin Turbo. Sure, why not...

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
That's a mirrored version of the 2014 RS7 4.0 TTV8 that someone hacked together. Check the AIS duct, position of the DI pumps, even the engine cover looks identical.

89394914075782338439.jpg
Yep...definitely a photochop

Audi TFSI engine from another angle. Too many similarities...

EDIT: Sorry for the huge pic

S8110051_medium.jpg

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
It is fake, I photoshopped it a while ago. Just to show you guys with enough R&D you could manage to package the twin nicely and efficiently.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
It is fake, I photoshopped it a while ago. Just to show you guys with enough R&D you could manage to package the twin nicely and efficiently.
That's not a true twin though... it is a Twin-Scrolling or Bi-Turbo... which is what it will probably be. Hopefully with working Ram-Air like above.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm curious how all this "confirming" is going on. As far as I've been able to discern, this is all rampant internet rumor. The independent rumors that I've heard pushed the car back to '18.5, not up to '17.5, so I'll believe that when I see it. And I still say that it makes a lot more sense that Ford would launch the facelifted '18MY base car and then wait half a year to keep the press bubbling with a new uprated or feature car, just like this last time around. And I've still yet to see anything that indicated anything concrete about the power plant. TT, SC, or otherwise.
Raptor had a 2017.5 which means it is a Tooling Trial for a 2017.5 model year vehicle. Now, the GT500 doesn't have one BUT, it could be similar.

A Twin Turbo Coyote is coming so, brace yourself.

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
Just worry about the LT4 equipped zl1, that is a tremendous heat issue. The GT500 will expand on the GT350's race bred fascia and run just as cool as the FGT.
Why should anybody here worry about a Chevy product? This is a Ford Mustang forum. You seem to be doing a lot of worrying though. Perhaps you should go spread your worrying on the Camaro site?

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Why should anybody here worry about a Chevy product? This is a Ford Mustang forum. You seem to be doing a lot of worrying though. Perhaps you should go spread your worrying on the Camaro site?
You want the harbringer of camaro doom to gain a c6 membership? Then where would camaro fans spend a majority of time.

What you missed was this particular member not worrying about LT4 cooling in a z06/zl1... suddenly finds himself overly concerned about cooling.

How will Ford cool a TT V8? Better than Chevy cools a SC V8... A lot of the issue has to do with front fascia design. The Mustang is afforded cleaner, cooler air that is left mostly unimpeded.

Besides, Al said Drag racing was an area of concern this time... they should have no trouble with a 2013 GT500 in the 1/4.
Sponsored