Sponsored

2016 Wheels on 2019 for track use?

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
Dumb ass question but want to make sure. I found a smoking deal on a set of 2016 GT350 wheels I'm planning on picking up in a couple days. Plan is to use them for track days and preserve the PITA gloss black 2019 wheels for daily use. Any down side? From what I know they are the same bolt pattern, size and offset. Weight difference I have no idea. Just want to make sure there is no compelling reason not to do it. I plan to put the Pilot Sport Cup 2s on em.

Thanks Gents.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dumb ass question but want to make sure. I found a smoking deal on a set of 2016 GT350 wheels I'm planning on picking up in a couple days. Plan is to use them for track days and preserve the PITA gloss black 2019 wheels for daily use. Any down side? From what I know they are the same bolt pattern, size and offset. Weight difference I have no idea. Just want to make sure there is no compelling reason not to do it. I plan to put the Pilot Sport Cup 2s on em.

Thanks Gents.
They will work, but they are heavy as hell. I'd get a set of lightweight wheels like signature or forgelines, then put cup 2s on them.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You'll be fine. The weight about the same as the 2019's. Personally yes I'd go with a lighter set too but they won't not work.

OP
OP
762Cat

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC
They will work, but they are heavy as hell. I'd get a set of lightweight wheels like signature or forgelines, then put cup 2s on them.
Yaaaa I was looking at that last night. Around 31lbs it seems but what I can't find is the 2019 wheel weights? Was looking at Forgeline GA1Rs as well.

Honestly I'm picking these up for less than the price of one of the Forgelines so I'll prob still get em but just do the opposite and keep the factory wheels for track duty initially. What I'm really worried about is wearing through a set of Cup 2s and not having a back up until I get new ones mounted. I'm not currently trailering to the track. Normally I just roll with a couple spares in case I need em to get me home.

Forgelines will be a future purchase I think.
Sponsored