Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Sounds interesting, keep us updated!
Sure will!

Here's a quick one lol:

Went to Ford today to fix a problem I had with my transmission. Since couple weeks I had an issue in Sport mode (sometimes in D) from 3rd to 4th gear the car didn't shift correctly It's slippery and started to get worse. I never had time to give my car before but since I'm starting to mod it and add turbo to it I want to fix first. I should have my car back within 10 days :) I will keep y'all updated whenever I get it back! Also I ordered an electric welder it should arrive right when I get back the car!!! So impatient I miss my Stang already :(

P.S: Does anyone know how much PSI the map sensor can read on our sixxer? And how much PSI we are generally running? I found a Specs sheet but didn't say anything about it...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackstangs.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
You may want to upgrade the Clutch and Flywheel to at least an aftermarket Stage 1 while you are at it.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Sounds like hes AT..

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any need or benefits to upgrading a torque converter? Quicker shifts?
To be honest I'm not counting on changing my torque converter... I'm looking around my area to tune my car before to buy the parts. I contacted BAMA and American Muscle and they don't do custom tune for turbo anymore...:(

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: I ordered the 5.0 emblem and the GT deck lid emblem. I also got the front bumper of a 2016 GT PP. I'm still waiting on my car to be fixed and get my wire welder.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
To be honest I'm not counting on changing my torque converter... I'm looking around my area to tune my car before to buy the parts. I contacted BAMA and American Muscle and they don't do custom tune for turbo anymore...:(
Contact SCT Sanford, FL direct at 407-774-2447 I have a SCTx4 87, 91, 93 tuner and adjusted my shifting firmness from factory 0 to +25% I believe there tech support can help you.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Contact SCT Sanford, FL direct at 407-774-2447 I have a SCTx4 87, 91, 93 tuner and adjusted my shifting firmness from factory 0 to +25% I believe there tech support can help you.
Can you elaborate on what the firmness of shifting from factory means? Does it make it quicker, more powerful, crisper?
-thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the tip! I will call them on Monday. Hopefully they're able to make a turbo tune. I sent an email to a local shop (COBB TUNING HEADQUARTERS) they're located in north Austin TX. I'm still waiting for their response. I heard about the firmness shifting but for now I'm more into a tuner/tune to have 8PSI on stock engine. I guess for now I'll put a boost controller to 1-2 psi to run on stock tune until I get a tune...:( As you can see the turbo I ordered isn't that big either... Sure it can go up to 30 PSI I believe and produce 300+HP "supposedly". Here's what it says:

The T04E T3/T4 turbocharger is designed to be used on engines displacing 1.6L-2.5L and is typically good for around 400HP. They are also commonly used in twin turbo applications. In this case those figures would be doubled 3.2L-5.0L engines up to 800HP. Horsepower ratings are generally meant to express the turbochargers maximum airflow capability. Recommended boost pressures are 7psi(.5 Bar) to 21psi(1.5 Bar) and boost pressures should not exceed 30psi(2 Bar). Exceeding 21psi(1.5 Bar) of boost pressure can significantly reduce a turbochargers lifespan. Generally speaking 14psi(1 Bar) is good for a 100% increase in horsepower from a naturally aspirated engine.

However for now I will use 1 single turbo... Even though I wish to do twin turbo:D

Little reminder of the turbo specs:

Model: T04E T3/T4 .63

Compressor:
3" Inlet
50.55 Inducer
57 Trim

Turbine: T3 Type Turbine Flange
.63 A/R
65.2 Inducer
56.06 Exducer

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Quick update: I ordered the 5.0 emblem and the GT deck lid emblem. I also got the front bumper of a 2016 GT PP. I'm still waiting on my car to be fixed and get my wire welder.
Why would you do that?

Not hating, just curious... I'd rather have V6 badges for the sleeper effect.

OP
OP
StangATX

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you do that?

Not hating, just curious... I'd rather have V6 badges for the sleeper effect.
I like the GT bumper way better than my stock V6. For the badges I don't know yet. Just for fun I'll try them out I guess :headbonk:

Just checked my emails and saw that (COBB TUNING HEADQUARTERS) responded. They are not able to make a tune for our V6. They only support the ecoboost:tsk:

Last edited:

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
Can you elaborate on what the firmness of shifting from factory means? Does it make it quicker, more powerful, crisper?
-thanks
Yes, all 3 under power at increasing RPM's, under normal shifting it's the same as factory I never use D always in S and paddle shifting. The firmness is so strong it pushes you back in your seat and if you down 3rd to 2nd it throws you forward that you lock you chest belt. It increases you fluid pressure from factory to +25%. I love the way it shifts and there no 6 speed manual that's going to beat me it so quick, can you say eating 5.0's.

K&N drop in filter
JMS PedelMAX
JLT oil separator
SCTx4 preloaded 93 tuner

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Yes, all 3 under power at increasing RPM's, under normal shifting it's the same as factory I never use D always in S and paddle shifting. The firmness is so strong it pushes you back in your seat and if you down 3rd to 2nd it throws you forward that you lock you chest belt. It increases you fluid pressure from factory to +25%. I love the way it shifts and there no 6 speed manual that's going to beat me it so quick, can you say eating 5.0's.

K&N drop in filter
JMS PedelMAX
JLT oil separator
SCTx4 preloaded 93 tuner

Here is me racing a stock 5.0 (muffler delete) and not being very far behind
Sponsored