Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YaTi.co
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know if there is a chance the SVT will have an automatic option? Also, does anyone know if there is a chance Xplan pricing will apply to SVT model?

Kind Regards
Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
I would guess no, based on past history. Has SVT ever offered a car with automatic (note that I said car)?

OP
OP
PipelineEngineer

PipelineEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YaTi.co
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I would guess no, based on past history. Has SVT ever offered a car with automatic (note that I said car)?
I understand historically the answer is no, however we have come a long long ways in automatic transmission technology (DSG, 6 spds, etc) and on a lot of sports cars it is becoming standard, even on the high end models. A decade ago no one (aftermarket or otherwise) could build a automatic transmission for my diesel truck that would handle over 900lbs of torque, now I can get a 6spd auto built to handle in excess of 2,000lbs of torque with smooth shifting. That's also why I find it hard to believe domestic car auto manufacturers haven't ventured to awd or select 4wd on cars. It is wishful thinking but an SVT with a DSG auto, and full control over the 4wd would be the most dynamic car in the world, it would leave an almost infinite number of driver experience configurations.

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if there is a chance the SVT will have an automatic option? Also, does anyone know if there is a chance Xplan pricing will apply to SVT model?

Kind Regards
There is never X-plan (nor is there A/Z plan) pricing on SVT vehicles.

Ford Raptor, GT500.

Now there is exceptions where a dealer could give below invoice pricing or below MSRP but there is no official AXZ plan pricing given by Ford Motor Company.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
There is never X-plan (nor is there A/Z plan) pricing on SVT vehicles.

Ford Raptor, GT500.

Now there is exceptions where a dealer could give below invoice pricing or below MSRP but there is no official AXZ plan pricing given by Ford Motor Company.

You are correct. The technically correct way to say that is:

Ford doesn't require dealership to honor x plan prices on certain vehicles, but the dealership has the option to do it for any vehicle.

A piece of trivia. The mustang gt doesn't even fall in that category. It's strictly the dealerships choice. Neither does any vehicle ordered. Again, dealerships choice.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
An auto SVT? I hope they offer it, but all the test prototypes to date have been manuals....

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
How awesome that would be. I sold my 98 Cobra because I hated driving the manual.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I'm switching to auto for the new car, and would have bought a Shelby if I didn't want to make the switch. Them offering an auto upscale car would be about the only thing that might make me regret getting the LE auto. Might.... My dealer would x plan am svt for me, but it would still be more than the LE at sticker probably (and I don't mean a stripped bossish car, I would want a loaded shelbyish car)

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
SVT Lightning and the SVT Raptor are the only auto performance Fords. And the Taurus SHO.

Sponsored

Voodoo1796

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
POS Scion
A proper dual clutch box in a track oriented car would be nice. I don't forsee it happening though.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm switching to auto for the new car, and would have bought a Shelby if I didn't want to make the switch. Them offering an auto upscale car would be about the only thing that might make me regret getting the LE auto. Might.... My dealer would x plan am svt for me, but it would still be more than the LE at sticker probably (and I don't mean a stripped bossish car, I would want a loaded shelbyish car)
It's pretty safe to say you won't regret your LE for any reason :thumbsup: besides it's very rare that they even offer any limited edition or non-standard GT's with an auto. The '07 Hertz Shelby is the only s197 I could think of after the '04 Mach1

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's time SVT offered an automatic in all its mustangs, the competition have it.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
It's time SVT offered an automatic in all its mustangs, the competition have it.

Z28 doesn't offer an auto. I'm not saying it shouldn't be offered, because that would be awesome...but not all competition has it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Z28 doesn't offer an auto. I'm not saying it shouldn't be offered, because that would be awesome...but not all competition has it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be surprised to see the next gen Camaro arrive with the 8 speed used in the 2015 vette (and z06). This means it could be possible to see it in the hipo versions of the next Camaro as well. Ford may be forced to offer one soon in order to stay competitive in that regard.

-T
Sponsored