2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Congratulations.
Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got 3 runs on the practice course Friday on the used 315's I used for the pro...ran a 36.4

Came back on new 335's and my 1st run was a 35.7

That's a pretty big difference on a 35 second course

Simmons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catfish
I got 3 runs on the practice course Friday on the used 315's I used for the pro...ran a 36.4

Came back on new 335's and my 1st run was a 35.7

That's a pretty big difference on a 35 second course

Simmons
That's exactly what I ran in #teamdumpsterfire on run 3 on the 315s (36.4). After seeing every single other 4th gen out there on 335s, I think I need to try that.

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You guys were on Hoosiers, right?

The best I did was a 38.0 on 285 Bridgestones in the four runs I did.

Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Yes Hoosier.

The crazy thing is ....Pax says you would need to run a 36.340 in STP to beat ESP. That shows how far off it is.

Simmons

Last edited:

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT

My best clean run on 275F, 285R Bridgestones was 38.869 on my 8th of 14 runs within one hour (EVO TnT with relatively low turnout) with no tire cooling. I finished 30th in FS in Nats. :eek:

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes Hoosier.

The crazy thing is ....Pax says you would need to run a 36.340 in STP to beat ESP. That shows how far off it is.

Simmons
Yeah, STP pax should be about like DS if you go by how we've been running. Doh!

OTOH, it shows how badly the car needs big tire more than anything else to jump past FS.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catfish
Definitely time to make the move.

Simmons
Obvious bench racing is obvious, but if that time delta holds up to the big course that would be one full second on the west. That would have moved my first run raw time from a 53.3 to a 52.3, and faster than what anyone else ran all day.

Granted, I doubt the lighter 4th gen picks up as much, but I'd still be stupid not to do it.

z3papa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
My best clean run on 275F, 285R Bridgestones was 38.869 on my 8th of 14 runs within one hour (EVO TnT with relatively low turnout) with no tire cooling. I finished 30th in FS in Nats. :eek:
For comparison sake, in drying but not dry conditions (think latter half of CS which I was listening to right before reporting for EVO), I ran 6 runs and consistently was 38.0-38.1. I parked the car after 35 minutes. About 45 minutes later (much dryer), Courtney was running high 39's until his last run about an hour later (totally dry) which was a 39.3.

Sponsored

z3papa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
For comparison sake, in drying but not dry conditions (think latter half of CS which I was listening to right before reporting for EVO), I ran 6 runs and consistently was 38.0-38.1 clean. I parked the car after 35 minutes. About 45 minutes later (much dryer), Courtney was running high 37's until his last run about an hour later (totally dry) which was a 37.3 clean.

OP
OP
SteveW

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You guys with more experience on the Lincoln surface...is it normal to feel gooey and dull compared to other sites? Back home on the not so grippy asphalt I get to run on the surface feels more edgy and sharp through the tires.

Probably a sign of a setup problem just not sure what.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
You guys with more experience on the Lincoln surface...is it normal to feel gooey and dull compared to other sites? Back home on the not so grippy asphalt I get to run on the surface feels more edgy and sharp through the tires.

I don't know for sure but it certainly seemed very "pushy" both this year and last year compared to other sites and even the practice course. This was even before the tires picked up opr.

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

With the extra grip..... The lack of spring rate will show more.

Simmons

Cindy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP DIB

2016 FSL National Champion!! :first:

In the rain on Friday. I really wish I could have run that course in the dry. My first day runs were all messed up, first run was nerves, second run I bombed 2 corners and lost at least .5-1 second, and third run, the car was tail happy??? Maybe OPR. I went into day 2 with a nearly 0.5 second lead over the Camaros. Good enough to hang on in the rain for the win. I was asked after it was over what I did different for the rain, what rain tires I used. LOL, I let some air out of the tires I had....... I've had 3 2nd place trophies at Nats, glad to finally get the first!
Sponsored