Sponsored

2016 GT U0121, U0212, U0422

bigbungusboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Today while driving my car surged slightly right after shifting. The car then went into limp mode and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, advance trac, traction control, ABS, and service engine all came on. About 5 seconds later the car went totally dead, engine shut down and all electronics shut down. When I was pulled over I tried turning it to accessory mode and the accessory light lit up on the button. But both the dash and radio screen were black except for the odometer on the dash and the radio showed the time and date. When I tried starting it the starter spun but nothing else happened. I tried to pull codes through my RTD and there was no power to the OBD2 port as no lights were on/flashing on the tuner. Eventually everything came back on fully stating see manual. With all the other lights still on and the wrench icon.

I pulled the codes with my RTD and got:

U0422- invalid data received from body control module

U0212- lost communication with steering column control module.

U0121- lost communication with Anti-Lock Brake System

P2610- ECM/PCM Engine off timer performance

P2004/P2011 intake runner manifold control circuit/open(preexisting)

P0201-P0208- cylinder 1-8 injector circuit/open

P0103- mass or volume air flow A circuit high

P025A- fuel pump module control circuit/open

P0645-A/C relay control circuit(preexisting)

P193E- A/C clutch request signal

additionally the engineering mode shows the codes:

C10000
C14000
C40100
C41500

after pulling the codes I cleared the codes and the car started normally and drove fine for the 5 mins it took me to get to my destination. I haven’t driven it again yet. However time will tell if it happens again.

the car only has suspension, long tube headers, GT500 valve covers, and recently got a new clutch. It’s tuned by PBD. I recently changed out a faulty cylinder head temp sensor. The IRMC codes have been there since I installed long tube headers and broke the IRMC’s. The A/C relay code has been there since I bought the car.

I plan on load testing the battery tomorrow, and checking for a broken ground that commonly breaks when people do a whipple even though I don’t have one just in case.

I’m assuming a module is going bad/some sort of short in one of the CAN networks.

Any ideas on what to check? I want to start to be able to pinpoint this problem if it this continues happening.

And/or does anyone have a recommended shop/dealership in western Washington(Seattle and north of Seattle) that is good at diagnostics?
Sponsored

Last edited: