2016 gt poor 0-60..help please/introduction also

16gtp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
Hi guys my name is Andrew, Im new to the mustang community as i recently purchased a 2016 mustang gt premium. this is by far my favorite car out of the cars i own..i took my car last night to do some 0-60 runs and to say the least i was underwhelmed the best time i could put down was a 5.8.. i went through all the modes and this was the best time i could pull...the car feels fine mechanically..but why is it so slow? it has a K&N Intake and a axle back exhaust..
Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Thereā€™s a lot of factors that play into this. Is the vehicle manual or automatic? What kind of tires do you have? How new are they? Are you in a higher altitude location? A lot goes into the 0-60 and keep in mind the numbers by Ford are done in ideal conditions, on a track, and with a professional driver. Think of it as more of an absolute best possible that could be pulled stock.

OP
OP

16gtp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
Appreciate the reply brother..The car is an auto the tires i am running are 275 35 20 p zeros..

OP
OP

16gtp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
i also tried a set of new cosmo mm tires same specs and those are the ones i got the 5.8 with

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Cannot comment on the Cosmo tired but my ā€˜19 had P Zero Nero and they are terrible. I spin tires anytime I try to launch. The 2019ā€™s PP1 with the 10R80 are rated at 3.8 seconds +/- .1
The fastest Iā€™ve gotten with a non PP1 using the crappy P Zeros is 4.8 seconds.

Iā€™ve seen the 2016 GT quoted anywhere from 4.3 to 4.6 0-60. So realistically on the street youā€™re looking at somewhere in the 5ā€™s Iā€™d say.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Another issue is the track apps timers are not accurate if thats what your using.

OP
OP

16gtp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt premium
i noticed that..i dont think its reg the 60 mph until im past 65

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Iā€™ve gotten a 5.4 or something like that. These cars are hard to launch smooth on the street.

Itā€™s usually no traction, wheel hop, or bogging trying to avoid the first two.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I've gotten 5.4 in my EB stick shift.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I wouldn't fret too much. Real world street numbers never match the best times posted by manufacturers or magazines. If you're concerned that your car is slower 0-60 than xyz car, in the real world I wouldn't worry too much. What matters most is how the car makes you feel. Mazda didn't shift over a million Miata's because they were the fastest 0-60 cars made. Similarly, no Ford GT orders were cancelled because some professional driver spent 8 hours and 4 sets of tires in a Corvette ZR1 beating a random lap time set by a Ford GT at VIR - no matter how much the magazines called it this great historical upset. People still took delivery of their GTs and enjoyed them very much I'm sure. Comparisons in ideal conditions are great for press, but matters little if you really like a certain car. Now, if you like the challenge of making your car faster and improving that 0-60 time, sure go for it, much respect. Start with suspension and tires, then a torque converter, etc. One day you could be in the 3s, if that's what makes you happy shoot for the stars!

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
To get the best 0-60 times you are going to have to drive the car in a manner that most would consider abusive. Sure, it's built to take it - up to a point - but it's still abusive. And with an auto, really the only skill involved is in the launch. But with those slippery all-seasons, you are not going to get a good launch.

Don't sweat it. Just quote the car & driver numbers and if anyone wants to race you, tell them that you already have too many speeding tickets and you just don't want to risk it. LOL

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What gas do you use?

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I get a consistent 4.6-4.7 on the streets using the track apps in my stock 17 which is an automatic with 3.55 gears. Thatā€™s with a bit of wheel hop and spin. Itā€™s been consistent with both 87 and 93 gas so I donā€™t think that matters. Altitude is basically sea level though so that would affect you. I noticed your tires arenā€™t factory sized so did you adjust your speedometer it could cause it to not read correctly and give you worse times. Iā€™d say itā€™s either that, tires if youā€™re spinning (the cosmos wonā€™t be the best for absolute performance), or your altitude.
Sponsored