BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I'll do it, but only if you'll give the ADM to my charitable foundation. It's called the "GT350 Search Foundation" (DBA "The Dead Horse Society") It benefits people afflicted by the search for a GT350 at MSRP. They exhibit the following symptoms.

• Unable to keep from reading the Mustang6g GT350 forums section throughout their day (Sometimes they find themselves with hundreds of browser window instances open all with a Mustang6g.com page loaded.)
  • Unable to ignore posts from others with opposing views on ADMs and guesses at the number of GT350s that will be produced by Ford, often repeating their points ad nauseam.
  • They like to pose as Ford executives, marketing staff members or lawyers with inside knowledge about GT350 matters.

I'm not only the president, but I'm also a client. Please give to help these poor souls.
Hilarious!! :D
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Who else thinks with August arriving that we'll see a sharp increase in GT350 orders being put in the system/DORAs etc. I'm fairly certain that 2016 Mustang Job #1 is on Monday. My salesman also tells me that I'll be able to order very soon "In August". I called him today and said "You know August is tomorrow, right?" :)

Has anyone waiting to order been told something similar?

Let's all pray together. :amen:

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Who else thinks with August arriving that we'll see a sharp increase in GT350 orders being put in the system/DORAs etc. I'm fairly certain that 2016 Mustang Job #1 is on Monday. My salesman also tells me that I'll be able to order very soon "In August". I called him today and said "You know August is tomorrow, right?" :)

Has anyone waiting to order been told something similar?

Let's all pray together. :amen:

Are you describing orders placed on existing allocations where orders have not been placed yet?

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I'm saying that I think dealers that have been holding off putting orders in until the area rep says they'll move/get built, will get the clearance to do so soon, at least on some percentage of the allocations they've been told they'll get. It's just a hunch. Did you pray on it?

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
I'm saying that I think dealers that have been holding off putting orders in until the area rep says they'll move/get built, will get the clearance to do so soon, at least on some percentage of the allocations they've been told they'll get. It's just a hunch. Did you pray on it?

I know at least one other dealer waiting. The one I'm buying from, though his rep told him probably sept for my order because it's a small dealer with 1 allocation. Chances are there are more than a couple dealers doing this.

Sponsored

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I see, yes that makes sense.

Did I pray on it?? Wut?

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C'mon man, Atheists aren't going to make our cars show up any sooner. Pray God Damn it!

Lol. I gotchya. Every night brother! When it finally sits in my garage it will be.....

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, Please Dear God, Protect my ride, Amen.

Sponsored
OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Lol. I gotchya. Every night brother! When it finally sits in my garage it will be.....

As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, Please Dear God, Protect my ride, Amen.
I am putting that on a sign and it's going straight into the garage haha :cheers:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Car & Driver published a blog today on how the author would build his GT350.... but he must have forgotten to factor in the dreaded SDM. :D

http://blog.caranddriver.com/how-we...eryday-526-hp-2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350/

"Ever since Ford discontinued the epic Mustang Boss 302, we’ve been hunting for a hardcore, track-focused Mustang like it was an apex. With the introduction of the new Shelby GT350 and GT350R, the direct descendants of the Boss 302 and the Boss 302 Laguna Seca models, the wait is finally over. Whereas the old Boss Mustangs were seriously warmed-over Mustang GTs, essentially, the Shelby GT350 sports special bodywork ahead of the A-pillar and an all-new 5.2-liter V-8 with a flat-plane crankshaft. So far we’ve only experienced the GT350R from the passenger seat on a racetrack, but from what our butts told us, this thing’s gonna be good. Like, really good. As if sensing our anticipation, Ford has fired up its online configurator for the GT350 and GT350R, and so we jumped on it and virtually built the hot Mustang we’d buy.

MODEL:

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 (base price: $49,995)

Some of you might have noticed that our selected GT350 lacks an “R” in its name. Indeed, we totally dig the ultra-track-focused GT350R’s sense of purpose, but it seems you can get most of its skills for less money while retaining a back seat, air conditioning, and a radio. Of course, you can spend $13,500 more to get the GT350R instead of the GT350, then pay even more money ($3K) to have Ford reinstall the A/C and radio, but why? We stuck with the regular GT350 because you can add in most of the GT350R’s go-fast bits while maintaining a modicum of everyday usability and staying well shy of $60,000. And for $48,695 plus a mandatory $1300 gas-guzzler tax, the Shelby GT350 is a crushing bargain. You get the same 15.5-inch cross-drilled front brakes squeezed by six-piston Brembo calipers and 15-inch two-piece cross-drilled rear brakes with four-piston calipers as the GT350R, the same 526-hp 5.2.-liter V-8, cloth Recaro seats, Tremec six-speed manual, and nearly the same Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (they are the same 19-inch diameter, but slightly narrower), and niceties like air conditioning, a radio, and a back seat.

OPTIONS:

Track package ($6500)

Blue racing stripes ($475)

Oxford white paint ($0)

Remember how we said you could get close to GT350R levels of performance for much less money? That capability is unlocked by the GT350’s $6500 Track package, which includes heavy-duty front springs, MagneRide adaptive dampers, a drive-mode selector, an aluminum strut-tower brace, a rear spoiler, and coolers for the engine oil, transmission, and differential. This option nets you everything that makes the GT350R an “R,” minus that model’s carbon-fiber wheels, aerodynamics package, and lack of a back seat. To give our Mustang a classic Shelby look, we specified Oxford White paint and threw $475 at blue racing stripes; the stripes have extra pop thanks to their black-painted edges, and the blue-over-white theme transports us back to [insert the 1960s-era California racetrack of your choice]. Some color combinations, when attached to certain vehicles, are just plain classic. This is one.

Interestingly, opting for the Track package precludes buyers from also snatching up the $7500 Technology package. We’re fine with it. After all, we can take or leave the Tech package’s Sync 3 infotainment system and navigation, heated and cooled power front seats, and leather upholstery (the package also comes with the Track pack’s MagneRide suspension and heavy-duty springs, but not the various coolers and strut-tower brace). We’d rather have the Track package knowing we could go comfortably assault a circuit on the weekend and drive to work on Monday, content listening to the radio and relying on Waze on our smartphones for navigation. If you really must have it all, the track-ready GT350R with the optional Technology package exists for $65,195, but that’s a lot of dough for a Mustang, and we’d hate to scuff or shatter those gorgeous carbon-fiber wheels on our terrible local roads here in southeast Michigan. If we lived somewhere with smoother blacktop, our feelings might be different (hey, even that top-spec GT350R is cheaper than the outgoing Camaro Z/28), but it’s difficult to argue against a $55,670 Mustang Shelby GT350 that’s equally comfortable on the daily grind and the track."

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Car & Driver published a blog today on how the author would build his GT350.... but he must have forgotten to factor in the dreaded SDM. :D
I read this as well. I think they make some great points!

It's just nice to read more than just "we can't wait to review one".

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't think it was like this before but... It now shows the R with electronics as having the leather steering wheel and GT shifter. What gives?

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I don't think it was like this before but... It now shows the R with electronics as having the leather steering wheel and GT shifter. What gives?
It's not accurate.

When going from R to R w/electronics, wheel and shifter do not change.
Sponsored