Sponsored

2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

packick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Coupe Premium
Biggest disappointment . . . I am still waiting for my GT Coupe. I ordered the car last November around Thanksgiving and now they estimate delivery to the dealer in mid to late March. Apparently it has been built and is now awaiting a train schedule.

I surmise that what has held up the delivery is the west coast port strike (east coast manufacturers are shipping by rail instead of ship) AND, coal and oil train traffic. My heard that the coal and oil trains to the west coast are now 2/3 of all train traffic.

Bummer!
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Biggest disappointment . . . I am still waiting for my GT Coupe. I ordered the car last November around Thanksgiving and now they estimate delivery to the dealer in mid to late March. Apparently it has been built and is now awaiting a train schedule.

I surmise that what has held up the delivery is the west coast port strike (east coast manufacturers are shipping by rail instead of ship) AND, coal and oil train traffic. My heard that the coal and oil trains to the west coast are now 2/3 of all train traffic.

Bummer!
pff barely a 3 month wait.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Got any good stuff the guys behind you should know?
It's good I was talked out of the Focus ;)
The car is a blast. It's gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious, powerful, fast. The usual adjectives.

The only negatives thus far:
- Squealing brakes (TSB pending, so that is good)
- Infotainment system seems a bit buggy when using iphone/bluetooth for my music library
- Was hoping the premium sound system would be a bit more...premium
- The flimsy black plastic panel on the trunk
- Parking is really taking some getting used to (ok...that is an operator issue :headbonk:)

...But I can live with these because they are not safety issues. (It helps that it just received the highest vehicle safety ratings from NHTSA. :ford:)

Other than the little idiosyncrasies...fabulous. :love:

packick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Coupe Premium

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
What is a tsb? I also have the squiking when first using the car in the morning

Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
What is a tsb? I also have the squiking when first using the car in the morning
TSB = technical service bulletin

Not quite a recall, but rather a fix that is issued for an existing problem.

Ford is issuing a TSB any day now to replace the rotors in some owners' cars whose brakes squeal extremely loudly while applying them lightly and moving slowly (such as while driving through a parking lot); and typically while steering to the left. Search 'squealing brakes' above to read about our experiences.

Apparently enough people complained and Ford listened. :cool:

jake-88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium automatic select shift
Mine only does it for the first couple times I brake after it had been sitting for a while...does it sound like the same issue that's covered for this tsb?

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Ford is issuing a TSB any day now to replace the rotors in some owners' cars whose brakes squeal extremely loudly while applying them lightly and moving slowly (such as while driving through a parking lot); and typically while steering to the left. Search 'squealing brakes' above to read about our experiences.

Apparently enough people complained and Ford listened. :cool:

What is this 'slowly' that you speak of???? :lol:

Jus kid'n... I've been fortunate. Mine have not squeaked once...

My biggest surprise so far (besides the power & handling being phenomenal) has been the Hill holding mode. Nice little feature there and I really, really did not expect it work in reverse!! Car pointed downhill & backing up... thanks Ford

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Wish that you could put the digital speed in the dash read out. Or better yet how about HUD. That's all .....everything else is great.
This is my 15th Mustang since my first right out of college was a 1970 Mach 1 in 1971. Many Boss's ,Shelby's and Saleen's but this is the best all around.
Can't wait to drive the Shelby GT 350.

Sponsored

PhilGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GG PP
I, too, have been disappointed in the lack of a heads up display. Are there any aftermarket heads up display providers you all would recommend? I'd be very interested in hardwiring the right display.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
My biggest surprise so far (besides the power & handling being phenomenal) has been the Hill holding mode. Nice little feature there and I really, really did not expect it work in reverse!! Car pointed downhill & backing up... thanks Ford
hill hold works in reverse too? my last car had hill hold and it only works uphill and i assumed this would be the same case. if this is true that is pretty handy

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
I, too, have been disappointed in the lack of a heads up display. Are there any aftermarket heads up display providers you all would recommend? I'd be very interested in hardwiring the right display.
I think you need a certain kind of windshield. When I had a corvette the windshield was much more expensive then the non HUD.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
It's good I was talked out of the Focus ;)
The car is a blast. It's gorgeous, comfortable, luxurious, powerful, fast. The usual adjectives.

Other than the little idiosyncrasies...fabulous. :love:
I was all set to buy a Focus ST until I test-drove a 4-door Focus for 4-5 days: the massive blind spot created by the passenger-side windshield pillar was a deal-breaker for me.

As for brake squeal, have you tried seating/bedding in your brakes with a series of hard 60-15mph near-stops to get rid of it? You should be bedding in the new brake pads & rotors anyway to maximize grip, and it may get rid of the noise as a bonus.

The way I've always seated pads is on Zeckhausen Racing's site: http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm
You'll need 5-10 minutes and a road with no traffic.
:D

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
My brakes squeal at times, usually driving slow and breaking before I turn into my driveway... coming to stops as well and sometimes they seem to drag
Sponsored