Sponsored

2015 Owners-Biggest Surprises/Disappointments so far

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I will probably post again but I just want to say...I never thought I would want memory seats but after spending some time in my car, I really wish they were a separate option. However, I do not like the huge bulky buttons for memory seats.

I move my seat frequently, whether it's putting something behind me, it letting someone sit in the driver's seat. It would be nice to not have to adjust it every time I move it
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Um, it's not. Use a publisher-pressed CD or FLAC burned CD. Never stream Bluetooth or, ugh, 4G. Never listen to Sirius or ripped .mp3's. You'll have good audio quality.
I know Jimmy, I was meaning outside of physical discs. Although I wasn't aware it would accept FLAC burnt CDs, that's at least a bit more dense than a retail CD.

I have a Rio Karma with all my content stored as FLAC, but alas, the car wouldn't accept it as a source.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I know Jimmy, I was meaning outside of physical discs. Although I wasn't aware it would accept FLAC burnt CDs, that's at least a bit more dense than a retail CD.

I have a Rio Karma with all my content stored as FLAC, but alas, the car wouldn't accept it as a source.
really? seems weird it wouldn't accept that. anyway, all my v0s/320s on my ipod sound great. I don't think any higher bitrate would help with my 9 speaker system. the bass isn't very good at all, highs seem off too.

have you tried an sd card/flash drive with flacs yet, or do you mean that sync doesn't play flac?

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
really? seems weird it wouldn't accept that. anyway, all my v0s/320s on my ipod sound great. I don't think any higher bitrate would help with my 9 speaker system. the bass isn't very good at all, highs seem off too.

have you tried an sd card/flash drive with flacs yet, or do you mean that sync doesn't play flac?
Neither OGG nor FLAC seem to work for me. MP3 work fine.

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2

I've tried FLAC on my thumb drive in my 2012 and it won't play. FLAC would be a great file format if Sync supported it.

Sponsored

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I'd be interested in this too :shocked:
Based on a magazine review I found, a digital speedometer is non-existent. I'm a bit baffled by this, as Ford supplied us with a plethora of info we can see on that center screen, so why not include the one thing people want to see most? I'd much rather see my speed than my horrible fuel mpg.

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
I have the 2015 GT 300A PP and comparing to the 2011 GT I traded in for it.
1. The clutch pedal. Wow what a difference! 11 was pretty stiff throughout its travel. The 15 not at all.
2. The 15 seems bigger than the 11.
3. The 15 is so quiet! This will be solved later...
4. Putting it into 1st gear, there is a noticeable low frequency thump. Also felt when shifting through the gears. Are others hearing this with manual GT's? I have 3.73 gears also.

It's such a departure from the 11 I had but in a good way. I feel like I'm driving a luxury sports car!

RCstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver
Biggest surprise would be performance of the car. Disappointment = 235 tires on a GT (why would you do this Ford?) & the Sound quality of the system.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
12-speaker system sounds great. Just have to tune the settings right. Having a good quality audio source helps a lot too.
How is the bass? Is it loud enough to shake the car or a aftermarket upgraded is required? I'm not sure the subwoofer in the trunk does its job, can you confirm?

Sponsored

seamonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual 2015 Mustang GT Premium
On the disappointment side:
[*]Exhaust note too quiet
Hi there, I'm planning to switch from 4 cylinder cars to 8 cylinder cars for the first time because I'm sick of listening to 4 bangers.

I'm an audiophile and this subject matters to me. Just how quiet is the exhaust note? The first review that was posted on this forums also mentioned that the exhaust note is very quiet which is worrying me.

I've driven 2013 Mustang GT and it sounded just perfect.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hi there, I'm planning to switch from 4 cylinder cars to 8 cylinder cars for the first time because I'm sick of listening to 4 bangers.

I'm an audiophile and this subject matters to me. Just how quiet is the exhaust note? The first review that was posted on this forums also mentioned that the exhaust note is very quiet which is worrying me.

I've driven 2013 Mustang GT and it sounded just perfect.
Audiophile's want quiet surroundings to enjoy every note of Music...Why worry that the exhaust note is very quiet-->:shrug:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
How is the bass? Is it loud enough to shake the car or a aftermarket upgraded is required? I'm not sure the subwoofer in the trunk does its job, can you confirm?
Bass is fine. Treble, not-so-much.
Sound is completely subjective. What is perfect for one will be horrible to another. It all comes down to type of music, eq preferences, source material, and desired volume. For 90% of drivers it's probably fine...for the other 10% it will be a the top of the list to upgrade.
Sponsored