Sponsored

2015 Off the lot or 2016 order?

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Firstly I would like to say hello to the forum. Secondly, my name is Simon, and if everything works out right, I will be getting a new Mustang V6 with auto trans in around December. As anyone I will be looking for the best deals out there. My question is, would I be able to get a better deal by getting a new 2015 off the lot that's been there for a while, or ordering a 2016? I know that it really depends on the dealer and the sales person, but I want to see what others have to say. Also what target out the door price should I be looking for? I do not plan to get any packages (unless I would go for Ruby Red Metallic, but I like Deep Impact Blue too) etc., just plain V6 with auto trans. and the new features on the 16 are not worthy for me if I can get a 15 cheaper. I am also planning to have around 10k for down payment.
Sponsored

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Firstly I would like to say hello to the forum. Secondly, my name is Simon, and if everything works out right, I will be getting a new Mustang V6 with auto trans in around December. As anyone I will be looking for the best deals out there. My question is, would I be able to get a better deal by getting a new 2015 off the lot that's been there for a while, or ordering a 2016? I know that it really depends on the dealer and the sales person, but I want to see what others have to say. Also what target out the door price should I be looking for? I do not plan to get any packages (unless I would go for Ruby Red Metallic, but I like Deep Impact Blue too) etc., just plain V6 with auto trans. and the new features on the 16 are not worthy for me if I can get a 15 cheaper. I am also planning to have around 10k for down payment.
2015 will probably be cheaper, but depends on the dealer obviously. Not sure about price since I haven't priced a V6, sure someone can chime in on that.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
If the dealer of choice has the Mustang of your choice work a deal and drive home with it ..
There should be some sales coming up as the 2015 will becoming a 2016 model build soon enough .

Shoot at the first dealer I even started looking at the new Mustang they only had V6's and I frefered the 2.3 ecoboost . With all of the options I have I could have bought the GT base , but that is not what I prefered at that time and date .. I am enjoying the added benefit of better MPG at highway speeds plus this Mustang truly is Beautiful !

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Well, since there's NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL between the 2015 and the 2016 V6, you'll probably be able to get a better deal on a car that's been sitting on their lot than on a custom order...
If I were you I'd still consider getting the 51A package, which includes the 18" foundry wheels, electric drivers seat, fog lights and spoiler for as low as 995$, which is an AWESOME deal to me... ;)

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
If you are buying in December there may not be that much to choose from as far as 2015s go. There will be 16's all over the lots by Oct and Nov. So for the sake of resale, unless you get a great deal on a left over 15, buy the 16. If you are going to buy now, buy the 15.

Sponsored

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
take the cost savings and get a 2015 GT off the lot

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
If not buying tell December then I think it will be pretty hard to find a 15 V6 still on the lot. Even harder if you are looking for a specific color/option. So while it should be possible to get a 15 cheaper then a ordered 16 you might not be able to find any NEW 15's. I would expect to find a few used ones in December but from what the prices are right now for used 15's (only $100-$500 below MSRP with 10000-20000 miles :eyebulge:) you are not going to be saving anything by going used.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
take the cost savings and get a 2015 GT off the lot
aaaaaand once again, somebody KNOWS what he wants, and someone has to tell him to go with another engine... :frusty:

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
aaaaaand once again, somebody KNOWS what he wants, and someone has to tell him to go with another engine... :frusty:
truths. Aside from starting a rental car company, or using the mustang as a delivery car where fuel economy really matters.....the GT is the better choice 9 out of 10 times.

And the OP sounded like he was on a budget. well, there is a way to get the better car save money and get the 15 GT for 16 V6 price.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I came from a '14 V6, totally loved it. Except it wasn't the GT. If I had $10k for a down payment, I would just get the GT with a much much lower down payment and put the rest towards monthly payments and the insurance hike. Just sayin! :) Again, loved my V6... but the V8 bug got in my brain.

Sponsored

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
truths. Aside from starting a rental car company, or using the mustang as a delivery car where fuel economy really matters.....the GT is the better choice 9 out of 10 times.

And the OP sounded like he was on a budget. well, there is a way to get the better car save money and get the 15 GT for 16 V6 price.
I am also planning to have around 10k for down payment.
Hahaha, how can you say that someone is on a budget while he has 10K as a down payment ?! lol
To me he's just looking for the best deal on what he WANTS...
Maybe he doesnt NEED nor WANT the V8, and that's just fine... Anyways...

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
off the lot. koons ford of balitmore, save thousands off msrp and thousands off invoice...guaranteed. no funny discounts or plans needed and you're welcome :p

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Curious why the V6 over the ecoboost or GT?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'd go V6 also over the EB. With the amount of people trading up to the GT from their EB on this forum, I think the V6 owners seem pretty content with their V6s.

Just go with the '15. There are no new features for the V6 other then Sync.
Sponsored