2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Well dave, since you went through all this hassle to draw the resonator out, why don't you remove the top portion of it so you can take an actual pic of the insides and we can see it clearly? it would be awesome if you could.
Well, if I was 'Zack the Welder' I probably would. :lol: I forget the thread (maybe DIB thread?) a guy showed a pic of his GT resonator in his recycle bin. I asked if he'd get his Sawsall out, since he was throwing it away anyway. He said he might. If he was near me I would have pinched it from his bin to modify! ;)

He was good to post pics of the inside, but from the opposite end (back). That is how I knew GT's have slots not holes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
I put the stock mufflers back on for now to recall what no drone is like.
(UglyJohn, you still running back with your stock mufflers?)

Since the original muffler shop cut off the inlets 1/2" from the back of the muffler, I used JB Weld to attach 2 1/4" i.d. inlets for easy swapping back and forth. I'll leave these on for a bit. I do miss sound from the exhaust, but sure don't miss 'el drone'! ;)

Now 'owning' two pairs of Magnaflow mufflers Which may be up for sale soon ;)):
1) 11366 (4x9" x 11" L), Heavy drone, but only for my car :shrug:
2) 11225 (4x9" x 14" L), 27% larger body than 11366. Less drone, but still unsuitable to me
- I am hesitant to invest in the last and largest MF muffler of this same straight thru design, 12225 (5x8" x 14" L) as it is only 11% larger than #2 above.

Simon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
After checking 90% of the videos this one is basically the best set up so far for me. Around 1k you have a GT level sound, which I think is worth it all the way. The exhaust could have been slightly quieter, but it's not too bad. [ame]

CRIS_RBLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 S550
I finally got a chance to upload a video of the new flowmaster outlaws. They sound great! Took about 4 weeks to get them :/

Sponsored

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
I finally got a chance to upload a video of the new flowmaster outlaws. They sound great! Took about 4 weeks to get them :/
I'm stuck between this and the roush exhaust. I still want to see what the outlaws sound like in high rpms. I've herd they don't get any louder than they do in the low rpms but I'm still curious

CRIS_RBLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 S550
Sounds awesome! Any drone? And how loud?
They're great for the most part. They have some drone from about 2k-2400 rpm. So about 80 on the fwy. It's doable. They're pretty loud, but not to where the neighbors will complain. I noticed I definitely hit the gas a lot more just because they sound so good. But over all I have them 5 stars because they're only $375 on American muscle including shipping, installation was $80 (welded). The wife loves driving it around as well.

CRIS_RBLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 S550
I'm stuck between this and the roush exhaust. I still want to see what the outlaws sound like in high rpms. I've herd they don't get any louder than they do in the low rpms but I'm still curious
They're right around the same sound level but if you hit 4k+ it starts to sound a bit louder. The rough sound pretty good, but I decided against them because it didn't have the deep sound that these do. These have a v8 like rumble when you start up as opposed to the roush which aren't nearly as deep sounding. I'll try to upload a go pro video at higher rpms along with a 2nd gear pull. That's my favorite thing to do lol:ford:

Erfman93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erfahn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
They're right around the same sound level but if you hit 4k+ it starts to sound a bit louder. The rough sound pretty good, but I decided against them because it didn't have the deep sound that these do. These have a v8 like rumble when you start up as opposed to the roush which aren't nearly as deep sounding. I'll try to upload a go pro video at higher rpms along with a 2nd gear pull. That's my favorite thing to do lol:ford:
Would greatly appreciate that! Thanks for your quick replies.

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Hey all - I'm back!

I just got a tune from Unleashed Tuning, and the car now has a different, meatier sound with the stock mufflers. Different enough that I think I may toss it up on the ramps this afternoon and try my Flowmasters once again(providing it doesn't rain....). If they are still droning, then I will try changing back to the stock airbox with a K&N filter instead of the Airaid CAI I have now.

I loved the sound of the Flowmasters, but hated the drone.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Hey all - I'm back!

I just got a tune from Unleashed Tuning, and the car now has a different, meatier sound with the stock mufflers. Different enough that I think I may toss it up on the ramps this afternoon and try my Flowmasters once again(providing it doesn't rain....). If they are still droning, then I will try changing back to the stock airbox with a K&N filter instead of the Airaid CAI I have now.

I loved the sound of the Flowmasters, but hated the drone.
Hey John, good to see you back. I too am still back with my stock mufflers (from Magnaflow 11366 and MF 11225 mufflers). None of the other four V6's had drone, but my convertible did, so I will be selling those two sets of lightly used Magnaflow mufflers.

I was not enjoying the look of stock tips again and that made me remember that when I had gone from the 4" dia. MF 35126 tips to smaller i.d. double wall tips, the sound was quieter. So I decided to put the 'louder tips' on my stock mufflers to see if it would add a little volume with no drone. I think it did make the stock mufflers sound 'a little' throatier. This bit of added sound is just at the back of the car, not resonating thru the cabin like my drone did.

I think I will stay with this change going forward. I did a video with idle, revs and drive aways, but the wind sound came thru on the video to make it pretty useless. When I get a chance to do a wind free sound video, I'll post it with my stock muffler/tips video to see if the sound difference is noticeable with the 4" single wall MF tips. Either way though, I love the look of the MF tips w/ rolled edges over the 3 1/2" sharp edged stock tips! :D

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey John, good to see you back. I too am still back with my stock mufflers (from Magnaflow 11366 and MF 11225 mufflers). None of the other four V6's had drone, but my convertible did, so I will be selling those two sets of lightly used Magnaflow mufflers.

I was not enjoying the look of stock tips again and that made me remember that when I had gone from the 4" dia. MF 35126 tips to smaller i.d. double wall tips, the sound was quieter. So I decided to put the 'louder tips' on my stock mufflers to see if it would add a little volume with no drone. I think it did make the stock mufflers sound 'a little' throatier. This bit of added sound is just at the back of the car, not resonating thru the cabin like my drone did.

I think I will stay with this change going forward. I did a video with idle, revs and drive aways, but the wind sound came thru on the video to make it pretty useless. When I get a chance to do a wind free sound video, I'll post it with my stock muffler/tips video to see if the sound difference is noticeable with the 4" single wall MF tips. Either way though, I love the look of the MF tips w/ rolled edges over the 3 1/2" sharp edged stock tips! :D
Dave is alive! haha! :thumbsup: You must have an entire collection of tips going now right? All from what you tried during your exhaust drone testing?

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Dave is alive! haha! :thumbsup: You must have an entire collection of tips going now right? All from what you tried during your exhaust drone testing?
Yeah lol
Wouldnt be surprised to see "Dave'xhaust" as a new sponsor on the site, selling slightly used tips, axlebacks, catbacks, etc... :lol:

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Yeah lol
Wouldnt be surprised to see "Dave'xhaust" as a new sponsor on the site, selling slightly used tips, axlebacks, catbacks, etc... :lol:
Haha! :thumbsup:

Yea Dave I need some 4" rolled edge (not double walled) tips if you have them! :D
Sponsored