Sponsored

2015 Mustang Revealed (First Official Images)! Via Autoweek Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Very interesting. I think they struck a pretty good balance of streamlined and face punching. Excited to see it in the flesh.
Sponsored

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I'd rather have a Ford FistinmyFace than a Ford JuniorJag.
Too funny:clap2: The problem is it looks like two different guys designed the car in two different locations

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
I am just going base off what I read from the article, it says nothing about the car really. Read it and you will have an idea, there is no enthusiasm and no criticism on the way it looks at all. What does it mean to you when it says "The few outside Ford who've seen the sixth-gen Mustang seem generally underwhelmed by its look or impact. No one hates it..." Now why would they bring that up, they (the one who wrote the article has pictures in front of him" Why doesn't he tell you what he thinks about the new mustang? I mean he has already seen it, he has plenty of "pictures". In reality they have not seen the mustang, this is nothing but a slightly better rendering (it fools people to believe its a real car" than Chaz but with the same information from the people who have seen glimpses of it. Is this 100% what the car will look like? I have my doubts. I never said I don't like the car, I am just not impress by it. I will reserve my final judgement when Ford releases the car Dec 5th. It might not be that much different from this renderings, but I am sure all the lines will work with the car as a whole, the car will look complete. This images don't how you a design that its cohesive as a whole, its more of a bunch of cool parts put together. I mean it's cool, it has cool things, but is it the real deal I am not 100% convince. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2254&d=1386093614

Ok, I'm going to partially agree here, I have an insider tip as well, and my source says that there was a NDA (embargo) whatever you want to call it about releasing actual photos before the cars reveal on Dec 5th. If the magazines were smart and want to continue to be invited back for events like this, they will usually play by the rules.
The work around is that there is some allowance when it comes to renders based on actual photographs. What we could be looking at here, is the actual car, but rendered from photographs that were taken at the media reveal.
In looking at these renderings/photographs I've notice a few things when it comes to the way the car reflects light and shadows as well as the weird duo-tone effect that is on some of the paint (see pic) Notice how a real photograph captures the light and paint pigment, and notice how this top pic displays the paint and light reflections. I've been teaching Photoshop for over 5 years and these clearly were re-touched (we know all magazine due that) but these just don't look like a photograph to me. Re-touched or not.
I'm convinced this is what we will see on Dec 5th, but I think you will see some subtle differences that will make the cars lines flow better.

For the Record, I like it overall, I think it has great potential, and I will consider trading my 12 GT500 in for possible a GT/Track Pack or the new GT500/350. I think this car is going to look a lot better in person, and with a few aftermarket mods, etc. It's going to be awesome.
compare-render.jpg

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
I'd rather have a Ford FistinmyFace than a Ford JuniorJag.
So apparently we want a fist we can drive across the American West. With the top down.

:confused:

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
This is apparently a screengrab from a video shot at a photoshoot. No retouching is probably involved. (There is so much a retoucher would have fixed in this. I already abandoned a retouch of it, since it will be moot in a few days.)

Working at a photo studio that occasionally shoots cars, the soft boxes that we hang at various places are specifically placed for reflections. The lights can have an actual soft edge by projecting it on a card so the light falls off softly so the reflection is soft. Hard edges are desired in other places. I used gradients on my digital soft boxes to lessen the sharpness of hood reflections, a major PITA.

That said, this is probably just a roaming camera on a photo shoot set, the lights are likely not placed specifically for that angle. I m.ay be proven wrong when they re-release this video

Remember, I am a just retoucher at a photo studio and know little about the actual lighting rig setups.

Sponsored

08gt

Threads
Reaction score
attachment.jpg

I dunno how anyone can say this is plain. It's the V6 model..... have you guys seen a '14 V6 mustang lately? its very plain stock. The GT is gonna be very nicely put together if this is what they have to work with. they also gave themselves room to grow the design.

Diesel

The design will do just fine for me as an intial reaction and it should continue to grow on me. I like it better than the 05's when they first came out already. Some of u guys act like you've never heard of the aftermarket and your supposed to be enthusiasts. A lot of the complaints can be fixed easily.

As long as it is heads and shoulders above the S197 in performance I'll be looking to upgrade for MY2016.

Did anyone notice the bit about 200#s lighter? Thats a big win. Some threads on here had me worrying so hopefully AW has that right.

bmxbaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
I really want to like it but honestly, it looks like a Mustang got gang raped by a Camaro, 370z, bmw, and a fusion and this is the bastard spawn. It just seems unoriginal. I hope it grows on me because right now I'm not feeling it.

I've showed the pictures to few of my friends and the response was the same by all, a solid "meh". I can't see ford winning over anyone outside the Mustang faithful with this design. I hope Thursday brings a better look. :shrug:

tacamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 AC Cobra replica (Unique Motorcars)
I m trying....keep looking but I just don t see a clean end to pick it up by. Chaz got the general styling cues but the final product lost the ball in the execution for me. Too tall and stubby. Gun slit outward viz. Hope the pictures here are not properly proportioned.

Sponsored

sjones

Threads
Reaction score
I just started looking at this site today after seeing some of the pictures. Chazcron, your renderings are really good !

mitchell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I m trying....keep looking but I just don t see a clean end to pick it up by. Chaz got the general styling cues but the final product lost the ball in the execution for me. Too tall and stubby. Gun slit outward viz. Hope the pictures here are not properly proportioned.
Too tall? It sits lower than the S197. Keep in mind these images from the mag are a bit distorted. The video screen grab is a better representation.

To all that doubted the renders, told ya.
To all that still doubt these, another told ya coming on Thurs.
Time to accept it guys.

I dig the new look.
I guarantee you when we start seeing more official closeup pics a lot of minds will be changed.

Stanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F30
I really want to like it but honestly, it looks like a Mustang got gang raped by a Camaro, 370z, bmw, and a fusion and this is the bastard spawn. It just seems unoriginal. I hope it grows on me because right now I'm not feeling it.

I've showed the pictures to few of my friends and the response was the same by all, a solid "meh". I can't see ford winning over anyone outside the Mustang faithful with this design. I hope Thursday brings a better look. :shrug:
I've owned one Mustang - a '66. I'm not "the Mustang faithful". I'm cross shopping the C7, M3/M4, RS5, Boxster/Cayman, and C63 AMG. I really was hoping for something more along the lines of the euro sports coupe - closer to the EVOS based renders. Those were what first pulled me in.

When I saw these on my iPhone today, I thought...meh.

But now that I've seen them on a big screen I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see the official photos/videos of the non-base models. Good thing I bought the wife a nice rock today...helps with the whole "ordered a car sight unseen" thing. :thumbsup:

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
IMO the rear is the BIGGEST improvement over the 13-14. The front is probably going to lose some people but I like it.

Now that we know how close Chaz got we can look at the other renders based on his model.

attachment.jpg

Remember this one from Rampant? Ooooh Yes please. I'm already thinking of the aftermarket possibilities.
While I think Chaz did an admirable job and got most of the details accurate, I always thought the front overhang was a little too much. I was much relieved that the real one has quite a bit tighter front end.

thirtycenturyman

Threads
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to partially agree here, I have an insider tip as well, and my source says that there was a NDA (embargo) whatever you want to call it about releasing actual photos before the cars reveal on Dec 5th. If the magazines were smart and want to continue to be invited back for events like this, they will usually play by the rules.
The work around is that there is some allowance when it comes to renders based on actual photographs. What we could be looking at here, is the actual car, but rendered from photographs that were taken at the media reveal.
In looking at these renderings/photographs I've notice a few things when it comes to the way the car reflects light and shadows as well as the weird duo-tone effect that is on some of the paint (see pic) Notice how a real photograph captures the light and paint pigment, and notice how this top pic displays the paint and light reflections. I've been teaching Photoshop for over 5 years and these clearly were re-touched (we know all magazine due that) but these just don't look like a photograph to me. Re-touched or not.
I'm convinced this is what we will see on Dec 5th, but I think you will see some subtle differences that will make the cars lines flow better.

For the Record, I like it overall, I think it has great potential, and I will consider trading my 12 GT500 in for possible a GT/Track Pack or the new GT500/350. I think this car is going to look a lot better in person, and with a few aftermarket mods, etc. It's going to be awesome.

I believe that's just a specular highlight. I make my living as a photographer for what it's worth.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.