Status
Not open for further replies.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Chazcron is officially 2-0 these past two generations. Congrats!!!
Sponsored

Pharo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Charger
Ok I love it. After 2011 with the electronic power steering, the new 6 speed, and of course the new 5.0 the way the Mustang drove was out of sorts with its old school looks, it drove much more sophisticated and world class.
I see a little of my 370Z with its slight double bubble and sloped roof but with a muscular grill and hips but that's not a bad thing, I always thought it would look awesome with another foot of growth.
A world class GT on a working mans budget?
Thank you Ford. Even though I gotta represent Nissan , which I also love, the Mustang has the beautiful looks like the late 60-early 70's with a great drive.
Finally!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
With the two bar grill hopefully on the gt I think I will love it. I already really like the rear. From the side view from the video screenshot it looks awesome

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
Several posters here keep saying that, so I have to respond.

Verticalizing it won't work. If it were more vertical, the trunk would be longer and it would not look like a fastback any longer. I won't be making a chart or a graph for that, but if you connect the invisible line from the taillights, it goes right to the backslope of the rear glass, enhancing the fastback look. Pretty clever design engineering, if you ask me.

The quality of screencap is a good reason to hold judgment until Thursday. Better photos and (hopefully) videos will really sell this sucker, but not as much as seeing it in person next year.

I plan on going to NAIAS to lay my own eyeballs on it, and will post when I go if anyone wants to meet up.
The slope for the roof would then need to be shallower, or start later. I'm one of those on the fence on the light angle. They work from some perspective and not others. I hope this translates better in the flesh in Detroit.

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
I'll keep my 2011 if these pics are legit. Rear end is Mustang II ugly! Just saved 40K!
The rear is the worst part IMO. I can't say I hate the looks of the car overall, but am glad I bought a 14 for sure now. The 15 just doesn't seem to have the muscle look a Mustang should have. The interior looks decent, perhaps a little busy though.

Sponsored

StangFX

Mustang II ugly rear? The rear is the best part!

attachment.jpg

sonic_zpsebc1272f.jpg

I dont know how you can look at that and call it the worst part of the car. Are you kidding me? It makes the current car's ass look huge which has always been an issue. Look how much more fastback this thing is which I thought is what many wanted. For those that wanted a huge departure, we'd be dealing with the "it's no longer a Mustang" comments right now. Can't win either way!
2014-ford-mustang-rear-three-quarters-view.jpg

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
While I was one of those hoping for evolution rather than revolution I have to say, while I like it I am not blown away. Some of that reaction I'm sure is from being exposed in advance to Chaz's excellent renders. The front end feels derivative of many cars, mustangs included rather than innovative or unique. Not sure whether it works or not and I waffle between liking it and thinking, meh. And I still feel there's something not quite right about the rear, it looks more like C&D's horrid upturned bob than Chaz's elegant renders in the pictures leaked today. Yet the video screen shots look more like the rear I liked. I am interested to see what Thursday's reveal reveals but suspect I'll need to see the car in the flesh in Detroit before I form my definitive opinion on the car.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

attachment.jpg

sonic_zpsebc1272f.jpg

I dont know how you can look at that and call it the worst part of the car. Are you kidding me? It makes the current car's ass look huge which has always been an issue. Look how much more fastback this thing is which I thought is what many wanted. For those that wanted a huge departure, we'd be dealing with the "it's no longer a Mustang" comments right now. Can't win either way!
From this angle, it looks great. Sooooo confused, roll on Thursday.

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
Maybe it will look OK in black. I'm still waiting on the Ford Pics.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score

attachment.jpg

sonic_zpsebc1272f.jpg

From the ass end, the 13 tails look better to me, also are the lights on the 15 more angled upwards than the 13?

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Wonder if someone will make a smoked rear fog light cover? ;)

… and can anyone tell what those gauges are reading in that interior shot? Thanks if you can. :)

SpittinChips

Threads
Reaction score
As a starting point this car is far more attractive than the current model, can't wait for the higher end models.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Details from article (summary by Topnotch):

Aluminum Front Fenders
200 lb. weight loss
15" Rotors on GT
Selective Drive Modes
Standard Keyless Start
Date Recording App.
A few more bits of info about the Performance Pack from the article:

Performance pack includes 15-inch, 6-piston brakes for the 5.0
The 2.3 Performance Pack includes the GT's standard 14-inch brakes
Also included is a Torsen limited-slip differential with 3.55 gears
"response-tuned bushings", staggered wheels, additional gauges.

Wasn't able to determine if there would be a Performance Pack option for the V6, but I doubt it will be offered. Seems to me the logical step is to try to move the performance-minded buyer to the 2.3 and 5.0.

But it's not like I haven't been wrong before... "Door sills" :headbonk:

HanShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Hey guy's...First time poster, long time lurker.

I've been checking out all of chazcron's render's and all the spyphoto's for quite some time now. I've been hoping all this time that this isn't what the new Mustang was going to look like, but today my hopes have been crushed with the release of these "confirmed" pictures.

I'm sorry but this new Mustang is a mess.

First of all, the front of the car is awful, and I'm sure will be the butt of many jokes. The cheap looking LED strips in those god awful gaping holes around the fog lights is just plain terrible. The headlights look stupid and cheap as well. I mean seriously, with all the headlight tech and sexy designs out there now, that's the best they could come up with?...

Now let me get to the three parts of the front end I hate the most. First of all, I absolutely can't stand how from the side view the nose slants upwards. That look (like the C7 front bumper) is retarded and I don't know why auto manufactures are thinking this looks good. Secondly, the most hideous part of the front end is how high off the ground it appears. I mean, it literally looks like it sits several feet of the ground for christ's sake. How sporty is it to have a front bumper that sits so high off the ground that you can practically see the inside hubs of your front wheels?...:frusty: Last of all, I can't stand how from the side view the front bumber is not level with the sideskirts, and I could never get past that. This car is so stupid looking, that it has three different heights from front to back. You have the ground clearence from the front bumper, than a couple inches lower you have the sideskirts, and slightly lower than that you have the rear overhang....WTF?!...:crazy:

Just wait till we see how stupid this thing looks with that awesome vent on the front fender of the hi-po version...:doh:

On to the rear...What the hell is Fords infatuation with having the rear slant inwards like that? It looks STUPID!!! It looked stupid on the previous years, so what does Ford do...they make it slant inwards even more LOL!
On top of that it looks like we have to endure the three bar tail-lights for eternity. Yeah yeah yeah I get it, it's a Mustang...It's supposed to have the three bar tail lights and blah blah blah. Can't we ever get something cool and modern looking and stray away from the same ole' tail lights just designed a little different year after year??? It's seriously getting old and I would have loved to see something totally different and radical. But nope...we get tail lights that really don't look much different than previous stangs. Awesome!...:clap2: You know quite honestly, that pretty much seem's to sum up the whole design. Nothing more than the same ole' look that has been around since 2010, and looks like just a refreshed Mustang from the previous design...:shrug: Nothing new, nothing radical, nothing jaw dropping, just a whole lot of tacky design in a poor attempt to make an old design look cool again. What an awesome 50th anniversary Mustang this thing is...:headbonk:

What a sad day for the Mustang community...

P.S. WTF is up with that painted piece on the rear valance?!?! Seriously??? The only thing missing on this car is the commuicate with aliens antenna sticking out of the rear quarter panel. I'm actually surprised that didn't show up on this car. I'm sure the cool single piston rear calipers will stay with the GT's though...That would just be too much to ask for...*facepalm*

Rant over....:thumbsup:
Dude, do you like the car or not??

I kid :)

eurospeed

Threads
Reaction score

attachment.jpg

Agreed, the 2014 rear looks massive compared to the new 2015. I'd still prefer more of a true fastback, but I can't complain. This is a tremendous step in the right direction and anything too radical would likely have alienated a much larger audience.

I'll gladly take the aesthetics compromise provided we see a decent performance improvement.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.