You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
The timing in the Autoblog article is a bit more correct.

That article doesn't say anything other that Ford denies those dates. So what is the story? Enquiring minds wanna know ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
From a Ford spokesman: “Our Job 1 customer cars will be built closer to the on-sale date, which is this Fall.”

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From a Ford spokesman: “Our Job 1 customer cars will be built closer to the on-sale date, which is this Fall.”
Which means lot/dealer cars will start 7/14 and retail cars closer to "on sale" date but either way cars hit the line 7/14 right?

Sponsored

Pakman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Isn't this what Five Oh Brian has been saying? That the OKTB date is when Ford will begin scheduling and building custom orders? Or are they referring to "customer cars" as the dealer allocation cars?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
2015 Mustang Production / Ordering Schedule (Production Begins July 14, 2014)

Stop believing everything that's spouted about the Mustang...
But he has a point. You did absolutely nothing but drop a bomb on us. If you know something say it and if you can't/won't then don't say anything.

Sponsored

SeventhWard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SeventhWard
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT
Patience. I respect mykrrr's position. The guy has already shared with us that he works at Flat Rock Assembly Plant and I'm sure the dude wants to keep his job. Non-Disclosure Agreements are serious business.

Having said all that, the stuff the guy CAN share - he's sharing. No need to grab the pitchforks and torches. Bottom line is NOBODY is gonna get a scoop until the Ford Motor Company decides. It would be ludicrous to think that they are new to this, they do this, this is what they do.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Patience. I respect mykrrr's position. The guy has already shared with us that he works at Flat Rock Assembly Plant and I'm sure the dude wants to keep his job. Non-Disclosure Agreements are serious business.

Having said all that, the stuff the guy CAN share - he's sharing. No need to grab the pitchforks and torches. Bottom line is NOBODY is gonna get a scoop until the Ford Motor Company decides. It would be ludicrous to think that they are new to this, they do this, this is what they do.

Understood. Just shouldn't have even posted

Melino

That's fine but I just don't understand what this is then --->

It has Ford's logo on there. Unless it was doctored (which I doubt based on the guy who posted it)..... what gives?

Did Ford provide dealers with wrong dates?

NVPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP

OH Man, I was warming up my torches and sharpening up my pitchfork. It would be a shame to let them go to waste. :p

Ok, Thanks for sharing mykrrr.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
That's fine but I just don't understand what this is then --->

It has Ford's logo on there. Unless it was doctored (which I doubt based on the guy who posted it)..... what gives?

Did Ford provide dealers with wrong dates?
The way I see it is this - between what mykrr and JarStang said, along with that pic, it appears that "customer cars" ie. retail special orders, won't go into production until 9/9, whereas dealer stock orders will start production Monday, 7/14. This is just my speculation.
Sponsored