Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Whipple Supercharger Kit (Color Renderings)

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Whipple has sent to us these renderings of its Supercharger Kit for the 2015 Mustang GT 5.0L V8 Coyote engine, in various color combinations.

For more info on its upcoming SC system, along with pricing info, check here.

Also see the Whipple website for additional details. Official press release to come later.

ford_mustang_kit.274.jpeg

ford_mustang_kit.273.jpeg

ford_mustang_kit.275.jpeg

ford_mustang_kit.280.jpeg

whipple_mustang_kit_assy.jpg

whipple-black2.jpg

whipple-red2.jpg

whipple-yellow.jpg

whipple-white.jpg

whipple-orange.jpg

2015 mustang gt whipple cross section.jpeg
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my that gold one is badass... not gonna lie. That would look great in a black car.

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Oh my that gold one is badass... not gonna lie. That would look great in a black car.
Stop giving me ideas! :thumbsup: Now I have to spend more money.:doh:

Pabo

I would rock that gold one for sure if I were going with black. I dont see these colors on their site... are they going to be offered?

Sponsored

GTsquid

Sweet. Yea their FB page says the custom colors will be available. Probably at a premium...

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Awesome. It's going to be great to see the aftermarket open up here soon.

forg0tmypen

Threads
Reaction score
Do these void the power train warranty, and if so, how reliable is the power they make?

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Do these void the power train warranty, and if so, how reliable is the power they make?
Most of the time I would say yes, but you can get a kit installed from ford that does come with a 1 year warranty. Just have t have a authorized ford dealer install it. I believe they use the Whipple pump.

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I was wrong,,, from the Whipple site.. "Optional 5-year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty."

Curious what the price might be.

Sponsored

motoroid65

He is talking about Ford's OEM powertrain warranty I believe. In which case the answer is yes, it will absolutely void it.

There is no supercharger that can be installed on your cars engine that won't void the OEM powertrain warranty.

But, there are a couple that can be installed with a warranty that replaces the Ford powertrain warranty so long as an authorized installer does the install and they use the supplied tuning. The base Ford Racing supercharger is one, and I believe it comes with a two year 24K warranty, another is the base Roush supercharger, which I believe has an available three year 36K warranty.

For a non OEM powertrain warranty the optional Whipple one is very good but of course it all comes with a cost.

GTMamba

Threads
Reaction score
There is no supercharger that can be installed on your cars engine that won't void the OEM powertrain warranty.
You sure about that? I know of people who have had Ford installed Whipple SC's that have still retained the factory warranty. They added the extended warranty on top of that which covered all the drivetrain components/engine.

That being said, for an aggressive tune I would not expect Ford to cover this under its OEM powertrain warranty.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
excuse my ignorance but just how much boost can you run with a supercharger on an engine with 11:1 CR? In my youth we were building blower motors with 7:1 to keep everything together with a 671 on top. What are they doing different now?

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
8-10 psi on a completely stock 5.0 engine.

The tune will make or break the setup.

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
excuse my ignorance but just how much boost can you run with a supercharger on an engine with 11:1 CR? In my youth we were building blower motors with 7:1 to keep everything together with a 671 on top. What are they doing different now?
Intercooler and ECM programming:headbang:
Sponsored