Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Trunk latch will not open.

UncleCharlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible
That’s exactly what I did but the trunk didn’t budge. Does it take a lot of pressure when turning the tiny key?
Sounds like you got yours open, but I was able to do so a different way, so thought I'd let folks know: 1) Take off the bottom seat covers - no tool needed. 2) Take off the back of the seats -- you'll need to remove a few bolts screws. 3) Find someone skinny to climb into the trunk and pull the manual release.
Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Sounds like you got yours open, but I was able to do so a different way, so thought I'd let folks know: 1) Take off the bottom seat covers - no tool needed. 2) Take off the back of the seats -- you'll need to remove a few bolts screws. 3) Find someone skinny to climb into the trunk and pull the manual release.
Yeah turning my key wasn’t working for the release, so I just yanked the shit out of the cable until the trunk popped

UncleCharlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost convertible
Yeah turning my key wasn’t working for the release, so I just yanked the shit out of the cable until the trunk popped
I was going to do that, but couldn't reach any cabling behind the key mechanism.

cocamo85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
What’s up guys, late to the party but I ended up having the same issue and fixed it by cutting into the body of the harness, tracing the wires and crimping a butt connector on the line. It’s a blue and cream colored wire in the 2015 ( I have an Ecoboost). Cheers.
2354267F-82BE-4170-975D-E6585A6807C2.jpeg
364B1DEE-1B8B-441A-BAF0-58B4BC467FB3.jpeg

Sponsored

billdz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Hi folks,

I had the same problem today, had to remove seat and crawl in to open the trunk. Several wires in the bundle were broken, is there any way to get the color code? At least two go to the latch, at least two go to the reverse camera, at least two are for the brake light, and at least two are for the satellite radio antenna (I'd guess these are the ones in the shielded cable).

I'm particularly interested in knowing which wires are for the camera.

Thanks much for any info,
Bill

PS - I've identified several of the wire colors:
* white/yellow
* light blue
* darker blue/cream
* yellow
* light purple/white
* grey
* black
* two wires inside foil shield
* light green
mustang cable bundle.jpg

billdz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Any help on this please?

My son took off the cover and took this photo of what he thinks is the inside of the camera, looks like there are 5 wires -- blue with a white stripe, purple with a white stripe, brown with a purple stripe, white with a green stripe, and black. Could someone please confirm?
Thanks,
Bill
mustang camera wires.jpg

billdz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Figured it out by myself, if anyone else needs this info, here is what I determined:

Rear view camera, six wires:
1) blue w/ white stripe
2) purple w/ white
3) black
black wrap with 4) white/green, 5) brown/purple, and 6) shield inside

Trunk opener, four wires
1) white
2) white w/ blue stripe
3) brown w/ blue stripe
4) black w/ green stripe

Antenna, two wires
1) yellow w/ white stripe
2) black w/ purple stripe

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Figured it out by myself, if anyone else needs this info, here is what I determined:

Rear view camera, six wires:
1) blue w/ white stripe
2) purple w/ white
3) black
black wrap with 4) white/green, 5) brown/purple, and 6) shield inside

Trunk opener, four wires
1) white
2) white w/ blue stripe
3) brown w/ blue stripe
4) black w/ green stripe

Antenna, two wires
1) yellow w/ white stripe
2) black w/ purple stripe
Super helpful particularly the rear view camera wiring because of the black tape wound on it. S o it looks like that needs to be unraveled. I'm lengthening all the wiring. The trunk release was the last to break. Only one wire looked untouched. Approx. 22K miles. Not excess use of trunk. Wires broke at the bottom end of that ridiculous hard plastic tube. Fire that guy!

Being a vert, I tried the emergency trunk release at drivers rear seat back but it failed. Obviously the wire in the cable leading to the trunk has to much slack in it. That sure missed quality control LOL. I need to fix that. If I was on a trip and the trunk was packed with a cooler I could have never reached the emergency occupant release hand. As it was I could only reach it with a 4 foot ratchet extension fitted with a torque socket.

Otherwise vehicle has been stellar other than right side motor mount.
Sponsored