speedracermustangfan

Custom User Title
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 subaru wrx
Yeah I think they deleted it because I baited some hardcore bowties into some angry responses...then I got banned indefinitely with no reason attached lol. Seriously though they were cheering victory but when I asked about the drag race and interior quality they all kept regurgitating that the 13.0 to 12.8 drag was very close and unimportant and consumer reports loves the interior of the camaro but the 1.5secs on the track was a crushing victory.....

Oh well I had fun on there last night. It was like poking a bear with brain damage.
So...you get your panties in a twist and throw the rulebook at people expressing their disappointment on this forum. Then you go and troll a Camaro forum and bash their car and get banned for it. :headbonk:
Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
So...you get your panties in a twist and throw the rulebook at people expressing their disappointment on this forum. Then you go and troll a Camaro forum and bash their car and get banned for it. :headbonk:
Yea, you just gotta kinda accept Brent for who he is lol. "Can't stop, won't stop!" fits him perfectly haha

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You're still here? No one is going to throw you a pity party because you wanna be a big boy with bragging rights to your car buddies. Wipe up the tears and go find another car to complain about.

Hell it wasn't even trolling I was pointing out Two Facts that they wanted to ignore because the Mustang was better at both.

You want some pats on the back go join C5 they have equal hate for the Mustang. This forum needs more than one mod.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
Disclaimer: I like mustangs a lot. And I like MT and respect camaro and am more than happy to admit that camaro has out performed my favorite car.

Now take a moment to read the following...

This MT H2H is a bunch of trash. Why? I'll tell you, look at everywhere the camaro "beat" the mustang. Do you think if the mustang was a few pounds lighter that it would have topped the camaro? I do. Why is it relevant you ask? Look at the the chart that shows the cars as tested. The camaro's base price was 38k. Tested at 41k. Now go to chevy site and build that car. They got the stripped down 2SS and added the 1LE package, nothing more, to test it. The mustang's base price was 32k. For the sake of arguing im going to view that as 36k (premium trim). They tested it at 46k! The PP for the GT is only 2.5k . They added 7.5k with a garbage weight to the test. They ordered everything BUT THE RECAROS!!!! (that would have lost some weight). Yet for the road test they added the damn recaros. WTF?!?!?! Of course the damn car is within 72lbs of the camaro. Of course the blasted car slides around uncontrollably and takes 3 million yards to stop... *woo sah*... any way this is crap and I don't accept this at all. This is not even close to a fair comparison.

I would have excepted:
1. Both stripped down to just the car and the racing packages
2. Both fully loaded with all possible options/weight gains
3. Both optioned to be close to the same price
4. Both optioned to have about the same "extra goodies" like both with nav and both with speaker up grade or something.

Really one #1 would be the right way to do this H2H. They literally did NONE of these and, in fact, put the mustang at a huge disadvantage. The fact that it was even this close tells me that the mustang will smoke this car... case CLOSED!

P.S. I know very little (compared to most people here :D) about cars and even I can figure out this is horse shit.

Ok I'm off my soap box now...

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Stop with the bickering and insults and stick to the topic guys. Saying this now before posts get deleted.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Disclaimer: I like mustangs a lot. And I like MT and respect camaro and am more than happy to admit that camaro has out performed my favorite car.

This MT H2H is a bunch of trash. Why? I'll tell you, look at everywhere the camaro "beat" the mustang. Do you think if the mustang was a few pounds lighter that it would have topped the camaro? I do. Why is it relevant you ask? Look at the the chart that shows the cars as tested. The camaro's base price was 38k. Tested at 41k. Now go to chevy site and build that car. They got the stripped down 2SS and added the 1LE package, nothing more, to test it. The mustang's base price was 32k. For the sake of arguing im going to view that as 36k (premium trim). They tested it at 46k! The PP for the GT is only 2.5k . They added 7.5k with a garbage weight to the test. They ordered everything BUT THE RECAROS!!!! (that would have lost some weight). Yet for the road test they added the damn recaros. WTF?!?!?! Of course the damn car is within 72lbs of the camaro. Of course the blasted car slides around uncontrollably and takes 3 million yards to stop... *woo sah*... any way this is crap and I don't accept this at all. This is not even close to a fair comparison.

I would have excepted:
4. Both optioned to have about the same "extra goodies" like both with nav and both with speaker up grade or something.

Really one #1 would be the right way to do this H2H. They literally did NONE of these and, in fact, put the mustang at a huge disadvantage. The fact that it was even this close tells me that the mustang will smoke this car... case CLOSED!

P.S. I know very little (compared to most people here :D) about cars and even I can figure out this is horse shit.

That's why those stats mean nothing. I'm sure you're right. A stripped down GT probably would have matched everything except the brake test.

Would it have won on the track? No but it would have brought things into a more fair light.

Also since when isnt Daily Driving taken into consideration anymore? How about cost to own? Great it has 285 track tires at every corner BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY NEW ONES EVENTUALLY! Honestly these reviews just pick and choose on the fly. "Oh the Hellcat is king because its a beast in the quarter turning isn't important oh and its comfort and quality vs the GT500 and ZL1 is supreme" then you watch this review "comfort quality and quarter mile is not important, carving up a track in a base SS is winning!"

Blah

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I would have excepted:

They didn't order anything, these were cars given to them by Ford. (none were base cars w/ PP from what I can tell) And what is unfair about comparing two almost equal in weight cars? The Stang was still lighter, and lost. Will 100lbs of weight loss make up some time? Of course it will, but not enough to cover the gap of 1.5 seconds. Maybe a tenth or two? It also won't fix the feel of the car. Please explain to me how the Mustang is at a disadvantage when it weighs less, with exception to tires and having a stiffer suspension?

I am sure later down the road either MT or another magazine article will do a similar test with a base model GT PP w/ recaro's. Ya know when they actually do order the cars. It won't change much, but it will be the best 2015 Mustang vs the best 1LE camaro chevy has to offer.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's why those stats mean nothing. I'm sure you're right. A stripped down GT probably would have matched everything except the brake test.

Would it have won on the track? No but it would have brought things into a more fair light.

Also since when isnt Daily Driving taken into consideration anymore? How about cost to own? Great it has 285 track tires at every corner BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY NEW ONES EVENTUALLY! Honestly these reviews just pick and choose on the fly. "Oh the Hellcat is king because its a beast in the quarter turning isn't important oh and its comfort and quality vs the GT500 and ZL1 is supreme" then you watch this review "comfort quality and quarter mile is not important, carving up a track in a base SS is winning!"

Blah

Because it was strictly a comparison of performance. They clearly stated the Mustang was the better DD.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
but we are still playing the same old game with but if we add this this this it will be better.
Well, yeah...its running a 10" wide setup upfront and 11" wide setup out back. This is a GT win (maybe trouncing) with similar equipped cars. lol

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Has anyone else ever noticed that all the car comparisons so far this year and late last year between a GM product and other manufacturers, the GM products has won pretty much everything?

2015 mustang vs camaro 1le= Camaro (GM)
Nissan GTR vs Camaro Z28 = Camaro (GM)
2014 Motor Trend Best Driver's Car = Camaro (GM)
2014 Motor Trend Car of the Year = Caddillac (GM)
2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport vs 2013 Lexus GS350 F Sport = Cadillac (GM)

It's either GM has building some really amazing cars, or some people should start considering changing their company name to GMTREND.
I've driven most of the GM cars listed...They are that good and thats why Im worried about the 2016 Camaro.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Because it was strictly a comparison of performance. They clearly stated the Mustang was the better DD.
You're not hearing what I'm saying...

If it loses in a drag race (type of race)

Wins at the track (type of race)

That equals definitive win?....

I don't need to hear "oh the track is a better test" or "the numbers dont lie" there are too many variables. Because yes a base gt/pp with Recaros probably would have done better on the handling tests.

Bottom line the Mustang won the drag race and the Camaro won on the track. That's a tie in any competition. The rest is personal preference as he even stated in the video.

If you want to claim a performance winner. Choose a different style track as a third test, do an endurance test do something other than well...this one wins because today it won on a track.

Next will they put the Challenger R/T Scat pack up against the Mustang. Have the R/T run a 12.4 vs 12.8 in the quarter but the Mustang smoke it on a track but for that review only the drag race will matter just because...You're defending something without looking at the whole picture. Sorry battle not with you on this one.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
They didn't order anything, these were cars given to them by Ford. (none were base cars w/ PP from what I can tell) And what is unfair about comparing two almost equal in weight cars? The Stang was still lighter, and lost. Will 100lbs of weight loss make up some time? Of course it will, but not enough to cover the gap of 1.5 seconds. Maybe a tenth or two? It also won't fix the feel of the car. Please explain to me how the Mustang is at a disadvantage when it weighs less, with exception to tires and having a stiffer suspension?

I am sure later down the road either MT or another magazine article will do a similar test with a base model GT PP w/ recaro's. Ya know when they actually do order the cars. It won't change much, but it will be the best 2015 Mustang vs the best 1LE camaro chevy has to offer.
Ok i didn't know the cars were given to them and not optioned to their preference. Forgive me there. As for the weight I'm very surprised to see you say that. 100lbs is your girlfriend riding with you. I could be wrong but 100lbs added to the nose adds weight and worsens balance. Will it make up 1.5 sec? That idk. I just feel like it would but i don't track so your word trumps mine here of course. But making a car weigh the same as another is not a fair comparison. In that case take a corvette and put 500lbs a bricks in it and then make it race a shelby... they will be closer to the same weight so thats fair right? No. because the designed weight of the car is part of the performance. So negating that with options and not doing to the same for the other car is giving the first car a handicap.

As for your second paragraph, I'll wait for that review. I'm not buying in to that one.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile

You are a quality poster and I enjoy reading your post. I have to disagree with you at a first glance on this one. I will have to go back and watch it again but what I heard is that the 1LE was a better driving car and more fun at the limits and during normal daily driving from both reviewers. The more fun comment was repeated over and over again. They discussed everything from touch points to body roll. What I took away from the reviews is that the 1le is more fun and that all reviewers picked it for what true performance enthusiast want. You may be accurate but that is honestly not the way I heard the Mustang described.

In closing in terms of a sports car what does a "better DD" mean to us as enthusiast? It means its a more boring car and its more livable. I realize there is a group that wants a sporty car and doesnt want to sacrifice to much to get it. On the flipside for those of us that want performance a "better DD" basically means more of what we dont want and less of what we are after. A better DD is not a compliment in regards to what Im shopping for. I realize there is a line that I am not willing to sacrifice for creature comforts and my comments are somewhat subjective. Depending on where that line is drawn and how extreme we want to go, I could be called a hypocrite.

kulfyur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE Mustang
You are a quality poster and I enjoy reading your post. I have to disagree with you at a first glance on this one. .
^^ This! I want to clear up. No hard feelings DivineStrike! Didn't think I'd see a day with Brent and me on one side and you on the other lol. Still love you guys on this forum! Now back to the topic of the thread;)

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
^^ This! I want to clear up. No hard feelings DivineStrike! Didn't think I'd see a day with Brent and me on one side and you on the other lol. Still love you guys on this forum! Now back to the topic of the thread;)
There are a load of solid posters and good people on here. This is a very difficult subject because on one hand we have the truth about the car and the other hand we have very good people that bought the car and have pride in it. Its a tight rope of not offending good people that have purchased the car while we discuss the realities of the review.... The mods are cool on here and I really hope we walk the line with respect and this thread continues.

I can assure you that 100% of the people that purchased the 2015 Mustang have a better car than I own! We are really discussing and debating TOP level performing cars in this catagory that murder 99.99999% of the cars on the road. The 2015 GT is an awesome car and again we are basically comparing two heavy weight world class boxers. One is a winner and one is a loser but they are still BOTH beasts of cars.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.