2015 mustang gt header question

Collin113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt 5.0
I have a 2015 mustang gt , I have a muffler delete, and a resonator delete with a full flow x pipe in place of them. I’m looking at getting headers and was looking at the bbk headers. Now comes my questions , I don’t know much about this, if I just strictly bought the headers would the exhaust shop be able to make them adapt to my exhaust on the car now, or would I need that seperate mid pipe bbk sells aswell. My other question is I have a bama tuner would a tune from them work if I got them to make one for my headers. They will be catless. Any help will be greatly appreciated I’m new to all this and trying to learn.
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
A good muffler shop should be able to fabricate a mid-pipe that connects headers to your exhaust. I’m not sure how much the BBK mid-pipe costs, but that may be the more cost effective option compared to having something fabricated.

Most any tuners today will tune for headers but they will not disable the rear O2 sensors or the catalyst efficiency codes. You will have to deal with a check engine light unless you figure out a way to trick the rear O2 sensors, which you can find many threads on that subject on the forum.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
As @mejohn50 mentioned it all depends on how much the muffler shop will charge to make you custom midpipes. At that point it may be more cost effective just to order the matching BBK midpipe.

As far as the tune goes you will throw a code for the headers regardless if they are catted or not unless the car is tuned for them or you explore other options for avoiding the cel.

We sell BBK and would be glad to help you with this. We also have a ton of Texas Speed headers in stock with matching lead pipes. Feel free to give us a shout and we'll be glad to assist you.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...haust-systems/headers/long-tube/texas-speed-1
6807.jpg

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have a 2015 mustang gt , I have a muffler delete, and a resonator delete with a full flow x pipe in place of them. I’m looking at getting headers and was looking at the bbk headers. Now comes my questions , I don’t know much about this, if I just strictly bought the headers would the exhaust shop be able to make them adapt to my exhaust on the car now, or would I need that seperate mid pipe bbk sells aswell. My other question is I have a bama tuner would a tune from them work if I got them to make one for my headers. They will be catless. Any help will be greatly appreciated I’m new to all this and trying to learn.

https://www.amazon.com/Pipe-fitting...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Put this into your REAR O2 bung. Put 02 Sensor in them. get tuned. No more code for rear 02. Your rear o2's do nothing but monitor if your cats are working efficiently.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Also, just buy the matching H pipe. It's going to make your life easier in the long run. I personally do not like welded headers and exhaust because it's one more thing to do if you need to replace something like a clutch or shifter or what not.
Sponsored