Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
None of which is emissions legal or serviceable by a dealer.
Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Twin-turbocharged 3.6-liter flat-six
620 hp, 516 lb-ft of torque
Street legal, EPA certified

Nissan GT-R
turbocharged 3.8 Liter V6
545 hp, 463 lb-ft of torque

Sponsored

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
LOL, if 900 hp is possible out of a 2.5 liter four, 500 hp from a 3.5 liter V6 is nowhere near maxxed out.
You do realize Ford doesn't build stock engines to handle 900hp don't you?? Once again Ken Block doesn't have a stock engine, try and get that 600hp that he is making with a stock engine and see how well that works out. This isn't rocket science, Ford isn't going to put the internals in a 3.5L to withstand 600+ hp, could you put them in it?? Yeah, sure you could, but at that point why wouldn't you just get a 5.0 put a turbo or supercharger on it and make 650 on a bone stock motor? You could always put good internals in it as well and make 1200+. Once again there is no replacement for displacement:headbonk:

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
You do realize Ford doesn't build stock engines to handle 900hp don't you??

[...]
Where did I ever argue that Ford does? I did not.

You stated that the 3.5 Twin Turbo would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp.

I simply pointed out that the engine has a much higher potential.

I also provided examples of street legal production cars with six cylinder engines pumping out well in excess of 500 hp.

End of story.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Where did I ever argue that Ford does? I did not.

You stated that the 3.5 Twin Turbo would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp.

I simply pointed out that the engine has a much higher potential.

I also provided examples of street legal production cars with six cylinder engines pumping out well in excess of 500 hp.

End of story.
I was talking STOCK dude:confused: Yes it would be maxed out at 500hp if that, bone stock. We aren't talking about built engines, we are talking how it comes from Ford...END OF STORY....NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
[...]

Yes it would be maxed out at 500hp if that, bone stock.

[...]
No, it would not.

Again, evidence:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Nissan GT-R

Sponsored

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
No, it would not.

Again, evidence:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Nissan GT-R
B B B But what about the displacements?

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
No, it would not.

Again, evidence:

Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Nissan GT-R
I had no idea we were talking about Nissan and Porsche, I thought we were talking about Ford. I think you are having a very difficult time with this, so let me simplify this a bit. I'm not saying you can't make 500hp+ with a twin turbo v6. I'm trying to tell you Ford isn't going to put the internals in to make 650 hp, just because Ken block does it with his $500,000 race car, doesn't mean a factory unit is going to. I'm talking Ford, not BMW, not Audi, not Ferrari, not Porsche, not Nissan, etc..

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
How about after 1 lap of track time and heat soak kills it?
Seeing as how it isn't built for road course racing you're probably right, so it really doesn't matter. Just like any other 2000+hp car.

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
I had no idea we were talking about Nissan and Porsche, I thought we were talking about Ford. I think you are having a very difficult time with this, so let me simplify this a bit. I'm not saying you can't make 500hp+ with a twin turbo v6. I'm trying to tell you Ford isn't going to put the internals in to make 650 hp, just because Ken block does it with his $500,000 race car, doesn't mean a factory unit is going to. I'm talking Ford, not BMW, not Audi, not Ferrari, not Porsche, not Nissan, etc..
I'm not having any difficulty with this at all, LOL.

I don't know whether Ford will ever offer a version of the 3.5 with more than 500 hp, and neither do you. My point is -- and has always been -- if the company ever chooses to to do so, it wouldn't be a problem for FoMoCo.

Again, you said the 3.5 would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp. I offered examples to show that the engine has much more potential in it.

Then you qualified your statement by saying that a production 3.5 would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp. So I provided examples of production sixes in cars on the market today with well in excess of 500 hp.

Now you're saying Ford will never do it. Neither you nor I know what what market forces or government regulations Ford will face in the future. I have argued that increasingly tight regulations will make V8s less plentiful and more expensive.

The V8 engine's enemy (aside from overzealous regulators) is its weight. Other automakers have even tried all-aluminum V8 engines to try to get its weight down, and learned from the experience that simply isn't enough. So they are increasingly turning to boosted fours and sixes.

I've never claimed that Ford will abandon the V8 engine entirely. Again, I have argued that it will become a more expensive option. And I've quoted one of the best engine builders in the country -- a Ford guy -- saying the 3.5 twin turbo "is the future."

You say, "there's no substitute for cubic inches." I say there not only are substitutes, but that ever-increasing regulations will force car makers to find those substitutes and to incorporate them into their products.

Neither of us will convince the other to change his mind, so lets please stop beating up dead horses and move on.

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score

I don't know whether Ford will ever offer a version of the 3.5 with more than 500 hp, and neither do you. My point is -- and has always been -- if the company ever chooses to to do so, it wouldn't be a problem for FoMoCo.

Again, you said the 3.5 would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp. I offered examples to show that the engine has much more potential in it.

Then you qualified your statement by saying that a production 3.5 would be "maxxed out" at 500 hp. So I provided examples of production sixes in cars on the market today with well in excess of 500 hp.

Now you're saying Ford will never do it. Neither you nor I know what what market forces or government regulations Ford will face in the future. I have argued that increasingly tight regulations will make V8s less plentiful and more expensive.

The V8 engine's enemy (aside from overzealous regulators) is its weight. Other automakers have even tried all-aluminum V8 engines to try to get its weight down, and learned from the experience that simply isn't enough. So they are increasingly turning to boosted fours and sixes.

I've never claimed that Ford will abandon the V8 engine entirely. Again, I have argued that it will become a more expensive option. And I've quoted one of the best engine builders in the country -- a Ford guy -- saying the 3.5 twin turbo "is the future."

You say, "there's no substitute for cubic inches." I say there not only are substitutes, but that ever-increasing regulations will force car makers to find those substitutes and to incorporate them into their products.

Neither of us will convince the other to change his mind, so lets please stop beating up dead horses and move on.
Your right we won't convince each other. I've been drag racing for 15 years, where it is the goal to get as much hp as your bank account will allow you to purchase. I'm not new to the hp game and what it takes to make lots of it. We will just agree to disagree.

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80

How much does a GTR weigh? You do know the the two 6's with 500+ hp that you quoted are not mass produced engines and are very expensive. The Mustang GT will never see an engine that expensive.;)

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Well the current shelby engine is quite expensive and Nissan licenses the plasma coating for their cylinders, never say never

331coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Well the current shelby engine is quite expensive and Nissan licenses the plasma coating for their cylinders, never say never
Yeah but it's also a 65k car. I don't think we will ever see a gt that cost 65k, if we do Ford won't be selling many. \
Sponsored