Sponsored

2015 Mustang electric problem? need help asap

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
(this is on an ecoboost but i think it pertains to all mustangs)
So i've been tuned with Tune+ for a good length of time now and about 7k miles with no issues. Installed levels intercooler, i have a roush stage 1 exhaust with resonator delete, and map cold and hotside charge pipes with hks bov.

Last night i installed my new MAP CAI, and took it for a spin around the block to make sure there were no boost issues. To my pleasure, everything was great. i parked in the garage for the night and when i came back to it tonight the battery was dead. strange because i shut it off normal and walked away never touched it. it was so dead i needed to use the physical key to open the door, no lights or anything. Now i have an error for "Nonvolatile Random Access Memory" and i have no drive mode selection, no hill start assist, no traction control, no advance trac, and most importantly no power steering. See video:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6lp6M_vu2Wo[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I know it's going to sound silly but disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes then reconnect it. Maybe it just got flaky during the drain or recharge. Think of it as a CTRL/ALT/DEL for Windows. Do it after it's been charged tthough or may have the same problem.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I know it's going to sound silly but disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes then reconnect it. Maybe it just got flaky during the drain or recharge. Think of it as a CTRL/ALT/DEL for Windows. Do it after it's been charged tthough or may have the same problem.
i had it unplugged while troubleshooting but only for about a minute. also used the acessport to reflash and reset everything. no luck.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Mine did something similar.. There are two grounds below the airbox, one of them broke off. It must have been the ground that powers the traction, abs, collision warning computer

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Mine did something similar.. There are two grounds below the airbox, one of them broke off. It must have been the ground that powers the traction, abs, collision warning computer
The why would it work the night i installed it just fine?
You mean the ground it mounts to? Watch video below

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]9aGokj3ZErE[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
The why would it work the night i installed it just fine?
You mean the ground it mounts to? Watch video below

no there are two ground cables mounted to the fender
IMG_2573.jpg

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
no there are two ground cables mounted to the fender
Looks like 3 in your picture. I only saw 2 on mine but the bottom of the 2 is where the cai mounts. I resecured it properly and it worked just fine the night of the installation

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Looks like 3 in your picture. I only saw 2 on mine but the bottom of the 2 is where the cai mounts. I resecured it properly and it worked just fine the night of the installation
3? ... more like one that is broken off the wire lug. Just because it worked fine the night of installation doesn't mean the ground is still good. Why not double check it to be sure.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
3? ... more like one that is broken off the wire lug. Just because it worked fine the night of installation doesn't mean the ground is still good. Why not double check it to be sure.
LOL! sorry i was half asleep when i looked at that the first time. but yeah thats obviously the same ground that i must be having an issue with because thats the ground that the CAI mounts to. That said, I'm not sure what would be the problem. It is definitely secured properly and like i mentioned, it worked the night i installed it and failed the following night.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
That sounds like you're on to something there. I'd take an ohm meter and measure the resistance between those 2 ground connections, between them and the block and between them and the other end of that ground cable, wherever it goes.

Did you check the fuse? Sounds like it is on one circuit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
That sounds like you're on to something there. I'd take an ohm meter and measure the resistance between those 2 ground connections, between them and the block and between them and the other end of that ground cable, wherever it goes.

Did you check the fuse? Sounds like it is on one circuit.
gotta see if either of my brothers (electricians) can check it out tonight. We have a holiday work party after work so i am not sure we'll have the time. I just dont want to have it towed to a dealership and be charged an arm and a leg because they want to tell me that aftermarket parts voided the warranty.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
i took the intake off of the ground and i am still having problems. does anyone know what fuses i should check? NOTHING IS WORKING!

DANA44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 convertible
Just a guess, it's the battery . It was either weak or defective and the cold weather finally did it in. I would start there by having it tested .

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Just a guess, it's the battery . It was either weak or defective and the cold weather finally did it in. I would start there by having it tested .
battery is putting out 14v no problem. i came back to it after work tonight and started the car right up with no issue.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
battery is putting out 14v no problem. i came back to it after work tonight and started the car right up with no issue.
try having it put on a load tester
Sponsored