Sponsored

2015 Leather is Paper Thin...

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You'll need to tell them upfront that only a new cover will be acceptable. I told mine that I didn't want some cracker box repair, and they did exactly that, presumably under the loophole that "our guy is really good".
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to get that fix for another month, but I'll make sure I demand that. This is an issue that came from the lot.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to get that fix for another month, but I'll make sure I demand that. This is an issue that came from the lot.
Hey markology,

When you get back in town and set up an appointment with your dealer, shoot me a PM. I'll provide any assistance possible on my end. Also, if you choose to go to your currently local dealer, let me know that as well. I'll see how I can help out.

Jeff

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Hey markology,

When you get back in town and set up an appointment with your dealer, shoot me a PM. I'll provide any assistance possible on my end. Also, if you choose to go to your currently local dealer, let me know that as well. I'll see how I can help out.

Jeff
Who exactly are we supposed to call at the dealership? I tried leaving a message in the general mailbox and, as usual, haven't gotten a callback. Should I be calling Service?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Who exactly are we supposed to call at the dealership? I tried leaving a message in the general mailbox and, as usual, haven't gotten a callback. Should I be calling Service?
Hey there RubyRed15,

Do you mean when you're trying to make an appointment? You'd want to speak with the service department. As an additional option, appointments can be scheduled by locating your dealer here: DEALER LOCATOR. Once you find your dealer, click on their website and there's an option to schedule service. :D

Jeff

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Hey there RubyRed15,

Do you mean when you're trying to make an appointment? You'd want to speak with the service department. As an additional option, appointments can be scheduled by locating your dealer here: DEALER LOCATOR. Once you find your dealer, click on their website and there's an option to schedule service. :D

Jeff
No, I mean to discuss problems like these seat tears. Seems like there should be some sort of customer care liaison, but there isn't.

Sponsored

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey markology,

Jeff
Thank you, Jeff. I'll definitely reach out to you when the time comes.

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No, I mean to discuss problems like these seat tears. Seems like there should be some sort of customer care liaison, but there isn't.
Hey RubyRed,

I talked with the sales guy who sold my car. He took car of it.

Now, my sales guy is not a native English speaker (I think he told me his Mexican). I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but he's been slow at answer my emails, texts, or phone messages. He does reply eventually, or if I ask again he will reply.

Try going to your sales guy.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
Hey markology,

Jeff

Jeff, Joined this website to see what my options are. I too have an issue with the quality, or lack there of, of the leather in the GT premium seats. I went to a local Ford dealer yesterday to show them the seat. They said they would have to get Fords approval on replacing the seat cover under warranty. Needless to say I'm very pissed about this issue that seems to be not a new thing.

I had my wallet in my back pocket, has a little metal logo on it. I'm in sales so I wear dress pants with a button on the back pocket as well. I never have an issue with the drivers side. Went to sit down in the passenger side yesterday, and hear a scratching sound. Stood up and looked at the bolster area. There are 2 decent scratches in the bolster of the seat, both showing white now. I have been in and out of many cars with leather interior, of all different makes models and trim levels, as I'm in sales and sell cars for a living, and never had this happen. The ford service manager said that they have a "very good guy who can patch it" but a "patch" on a 42K car seems like the cheap way out, and it will never look right. they told me that they cannot have someone unstitch that piece and stitch in a new one because of the airbag. I asked about replacing the seat cover, he said it costs between 500-600 dollars for the new seat cover. If you can take the cover off without messing with the airbag, why can you not replace the piece that's got the scratches in it?

I have an appointment on Monday morning to take my car there for that and the foggy fog light issue. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from my end to get this fixed correctly. Thanks

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Jeff, Joined this website to see what my options are. I too have an issue with the quality, or lack there of, of the leather in the GT premium seats. I went to a local Ford dealer yesterday to show them the seat. They said they would have to get Fords approval on replacing the seat cover under warranty. Needless to say I'm very pissed about this issue that seems to be not a new thing.

I had my wallet in my back pocket, has a little metal logo on it. I'm in sales so I wear dress pants with a button on the back pocket as well. I never have an issue with the drivers side. Went to sit down in the passenger side yesterday, and hear a scratching sound. Stood up and looked at the bolster area. There are 2 decent scratches in the bolster of the seat, both showing white now. I have been in and out of many cars with leather interior, of all different makes models and trim levels, as I'm in sales and sell cars for a living, and never had this happen. The ford service manager said that they have a "very good guy who can patch it" but a "patch" on a 42K car seems like the cheap way out, and it will never look right. they told me that they cannot have someone unstitch that piece and stitch in a new one because of the airbag. I asked about replacing the seat cover, he said it costs between 500-600 dollars for the new seat cover. If you can take the cover off without messing with the airbag, why can you not replace the piece that's got the scratches in it?

I have an appointment on Monday morning to take my car there for that and the foggy fog light issue. Please let me know if there is anything I can do from my end to get this fixed correctly. Thanks
I feel your pain. I'm starting to notice "wear" marks on the driver seat. I noticed it before, but thought maybe it was a stain or something. Well, I lightly vacuum my seats this weekend and it looks like it is wear. The leather is slowly coming apart.

There is nothing premium about these leather. I'm going to contact my dealership shortly and I fully demand a new seat cover. None of their patch work nonsense. There is barely 6500 miles on this care, 6000 of which are long road trips. So, I don't even get in and out of this car often.

My advice to you is to use the argument that this is a new car, you've been in other cars, and this is premium leather. You do not want patch work. You want a new cover.

Good luck and keep us posted.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
I feel your pain. I'm starting to notice "wear" marks on the driver seat. I noticed it before, but thought maybe it was a stain or something. Well, I lightly vacuum my seats this weekend and it looks like it is wear. The leather is slowly coming apart.

There is nothing premium about these leather. I'm going to contact my dealership shortly and I fully demand a new seat cover. None of their patch work nonsense. There is barely 6500 miles on this care, 6000 of which are long road trips. So, I don't even get in and out of this car often.

My advice to you is to use the argument that this is a new car, you've been in other cars, and this is premium leather. You do not want patch work. You want a new cover.

Will do. They need to do something. And im going to try and make sure that they don't patch it while it's there.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
vacuumed out my cloth yesterday and really is the best cloth Ive had in a car

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Welcome to the forum, mustangman101!

I’m happy to escalate this for both of you and get the customer service manager for your area involved. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full names, and best daytime numbers.

Deysha

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Could be worse. You could have a wife who dresses like this ...
sparkles.jpg

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
So ford said they will not do anything about the passenger side seat bolster. I am more than pissed about that. They will fix the spot between the top edge of the back seat backs where they are not level due to a stiching or foam problem. Also they are replacing the foggy fog light that I have, but as far as the scratches and small cut in the leather they are doing nothing about it. Very displeased
Sponsored

Last edited: