Sponsored

2015+ GT350 Mustang official power specs: 526 HP / 429 LB-FT!

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I love this new car.

The engine sound, and the fact it is a unique FPC motor is cool.

On that note, the good thing about the standard GT is that, with a slight engine drop....full exhaust, Cobra Jet Intake etc.....it outpowers this new GT350. ;)

And on that note, it does so with less RPM.
Interesting. Any links to dyno graphs/results?
Sponsored

Merle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Merle
Vehicle(s)
2014 RR V6
+90hp with a factory warranty. All those people who lose their shit over their warranties, this is huge.
Is the PRODUCTION RUN near 37 CARS? If so FORD can FIX under
Warranty and the cost will be LOW for this limited run.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
^SALEEN will Build you an NA Coyote with close to 480 HP with ported and polished heads CAI and tune. You Add the CJ intake and Cat Deletes or long tubes with xPipe and you get it above 500. Then swap cams and you're above the GT350 territory for HP and way above for torque. should be in the 60k range with all said and done. With the Black label editions styling and custom one off color and a decked out SALEEN interior. All NA with a look that will likely be more unique than the GT350.

Just saying. And except for the Cat deletes and Cams...the Ford Warranty still applies.

Or you can just buy their top end Black label edition with 730 Hp and 600+ torque for 72k

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
For fun I eyeballed a few dyno charts from google search, and made the following chart. It compares the Voodoo to the M3 V8 and M5 V10 engines. I reduced the Voodoo output by 15% to account for RWHP (the other cars were from chassis dyno results).

Assuming the results are close to accurate, what you find is not that the Voodoo is losing torque in certain places, but rather that it has a large increase in torque in the mid-range. Not as strong as a stock Coyote (which actually might be a nice addition) on the very low end, but looks to be a very nice engine overall.

Can't wait to get one!

I used the M3 dyno above for that info.
Here is the dyno I used for the M5:

-T
Voodoo_Motor_Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lets wait and see what the trap MPH is on this car. That will tell you far more than a dyno graph about how strong this thing is.

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I think comparing this engine (voodoo) to the v10 e60 m5 would be more interesting.
I had a 2009 V10 M6 that I sold in Dec to buy my GT-PP.
Loved the 5L 8200 rpm screamer in the car and it was a beast. 390lbs/ft of torque , 500HP, 200mph to speed (mine was a rare manual which topped out earlier).

BMW had this tech launched in 2005-2006, so you can imagine their engineering!!! (+ magnetic shocks!)

I will say this:
1) The GT350 looks like it will be an ANIMAL on the track and a spiritual successor to the E63 M6/E60 M5. Sounds like an amazing car and happy to see Ford offer this as an option for those who want a more track ready setup. The GT500 was aimed at a different market and the GT-PP is a great car (and awesome canvas to customize) but there is a market for those who want more track readiness straight from the factory.
2) I sold my M6 for two reasons. Reason 1 was that it needed to be wrung out, otherwise it didnt feel as fast as you think it should. Infact, in daily driving, it just wasnt an exciting as I hoped for. This is a reason I went with the Coyote after test driving it, it just feels faster daily driving BUT unlike the lazy LS3 In the Camaro - the Coyote also wants to pull all the way to red line. In essence, The M6's engine was at home on a race track, but not DDĂ­ng. The LS3 engine is at home DDĂ­ng, but doesn't want to rev. The Coyote hit the sweet spot for me. A lot of this is physics, a small displacement engine with a high HP will produce less torque, all things equal, compared to a larger displacement engine (or turbo engine).
3) I sold my M6 as the 'high strung' 5L V10 engine was prone to rod bearing failure, valve failure, VANOS failure etc. It was guaranteed to happen between 55K-115K miles and required a new engine that cost the same as my Mustang, LOL. It was inspired by formula one, but unlike those engines had to survive the daily grind and high mileage. I will assume Ford has had time to deliver similar power numbers from a similar size without those associated issues.

Will be super interested to see how close a GTPP with some suspension work/wheels and tune will compare Vs the GT350, as I will be exploring that option in the future. For those who will track occasionally but mostly use their cars for the street and/or will go the aftermarket suspension route, the GTPP is probably a better choice. IMHO, for me the GT + S/C (or GT500) is not really worth it as it will mess with the weight balance of the car and could run into heat soak issues on the track + will put down too much power for me on the street!

Last edited:

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Don't forget ITB on those M6/M3s, I can hear the intake noise when i rev it up, not to mention the throttle response, very instant in Sports+ mode, something no turbo engines can match.

kinda wish voodoo comes with 8 individual throttle bodies, then it will be unreal.

I had a 2009 V10 M6 that I sold in Dec to buy my GT-PP.
Loved the 5L 8200 rpm screamer in the car and it was a beast. 390lbs/ft of torque , 500HP, 200mph to speed (mine was a rare manual which topped out earlier).

BMW had this tech launched in 2005-2006, so you can imagine their engineering!!! (+ magnetic shocks!)

I will say this:
1) The GT350 looks like it will be an ANIMAL on the track and a spiritual successor to the E63 M6. Sounds like an amazing car
2) I sold my M6 for two reasons. Reason 1 was that it needed to be wrung out, otherwise it didnt feel as fast as you think it should. Infact, in daily driving, it just wasnt an exciting as I hoped for. This is a reason I went with the Coyote after test driving it, it just feels faster daily driving BUT unlike the lazy LS3 In the Camaro - the Coyote also wants to pull all the way to red line. In essence, The M6's engine was at home on a race track, but not DDĂ­ng. The LS3 engine is at home DDĂ­ng, but doesn't want to rev. The Coyote hit the sweet spot for me. A lot of this is physics, a small displacement engine with a high HP will produce less torque, all things equal, compared to a larger displacement engine (or turbo engine).
3) I sold my M6 as the 'high strung' 5L V10 engine was prone to rod bearing failure, valve failure, VANOS failure etc. It was guaranteed to happen between 55K-115K miles and required a new engine that cost the same as my Mustang, LOL. It was inspired by formula one, but unlike those engines had to survive the daily grind and high mileage. I will assume Ford has had time to deliver similar power numbers from a similar size without those associated issues.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
My God what a time for us gearheads! N/A small blocks making in excess of 500 H/P. After riding around in my '15 GTPP I have come to the conclusion that I want it to perform in all venues not just the 1/4 mile and I was born and raised at the dragstrip...which brings me to my point about the GT350, this thing is going to not only be a blast on a road course/auto-crossing but will DEFINITELY hold its own on the blvd and occasional trip to a dragstrip.

Again just a great time to be an American who loves V-8 high-performance engines.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Don't forget ITB on those M6/M3s, I can hear the intake noise when i rev it up, not to mention the throttle response, very instant in Sports+ mode, something no turbo engines can match.

kinda wish voodoo comes with 8 individual throttle bodies, then it will be unreal.
True. Throttle response of the Coyote and I'm sure this Voodoo motor will be nothing to laugh at though. These are all solid NA engines, in the case of the Coyote with the added benefit of solid reliability and mod-dability.

It really makes turbo engines feel odd.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk

My guess is revised cams w/ some analysis on valvetrain weight, and a pretty carbon ITB manifold isn't far away...

It would be so awesome I couldn't contain myself...:barf:...in a good way...

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I haven't seen anyone propose the question of what it would take for a base GTPP to get close to the performance of what we know of the GT350. Think it could be done cheaper?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Sometimes it isn't about track or DD, sometimes you buy it cause you can and you want to.

Theres more to the GT350 than the engine and suspension, different front facia which IMHO is better looking than the GT, wider both front and back and wider track, again looks better, lower, lower hood....there is a lot to like. When I saw it parked next to the GT at the auto show it was night and day, they shouldn't have parked them together lol.

I really thought I would get GT but not now when I can buy is at MSRP I will buy the GT350 and it probably won't see a track.

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
I track my '05 Roush at least 4 - 5 times a year and can't wait to get this on a track.
Our group is about 12 mustangs, 1 ZO5 and a GT3

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Sometimes it isn't about track or DD, sometimes you buy it cause you can and you want to.

Theres more to the GT350 than the engine and suspension, different front facia which IMHO is better looking than the GT, wider both front and back and wider track, again looks better, lower, lower hood....there is a lot to like. When I saw it parked next to the GT at the auto show it was night and day, they shouldn't have parked them together lol.

I really thought I would get GT but not now when I can buy is at MSRP I will buy the GT350 and it probably won't see a track.

I totally get that. Just wanted to point out that the upgrade from GT to GT350, even if you have the money may not be an obvious one or even a worth while one for many folks (like myself). The lower, wider car for one makes a large car even larger and doesnt help those like me who live in cities. I suspect the Voodoo engine will probably not feel much better, if at all, daily driving. I am NOT denying the awesomeness of the GT350 BTW.

I haven't seen anyone propose the question of what it would take for a base GTPP to get close to the performance of what we know of the GT350. Think it could be done cheaper?
I think it will not be a lot of money to tighten up the suspension for auto-x/track, even though the GT-PP is pretty competitive as it is.
http://www.edmunds.com/ford/mustang...ord-mustang-gt-jdrf-track-day-fundraiser.html
You can do a lot with the GT as the engine is solid and parts are cheap. It will be fun to see how the aftermarket helps close the gap - I do know in auto-x custom setups can be faster than any stock one. However, a Shelby will always have that screamer that is semi-exotic (Vs the Coyote's more mainstream engine) and be a more coveted car - there is no comparison there. If you want to customize your car, which a lot of Mustang owners want to do - then no doubt get a GT.

Will the new engine be reliable - the ball is out on that but Ford's V8's have a SOLID reputation.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I suspect the Voodoo engine will probably not feel much better, if at all, daily driving. I am NOT denying the awesomeness of the GT350 BTW.
It will feel better even if you don't wind it into the stratosphere due to:

-More tire
-More gear

Edit: I realize you were just talking engine and the below is more about the car, but I think that the whole package has to be considered to make a decision whether to buy.

Also, if you've never driven a car with active exhaust, you will be AMAZED. I think it is simply the greatest thing ever. It almost made me buy a Camaro; it's that good!! ;) If Ford is able to do the active exhaust as well as Chivy did in the Camaro, that alone will be huge for me.

I expect magneride will make a difference too, but I don't know that. I do have direct experience with more tire and more gear on the street, though. You will notice a big difference on the street. I guarantee it.

Oh, and you will also notice that the car won't wallow around as much as the regular GT. I'm also sure of that.
Sponsored