Sponsored

2015 GT PP -TICK/SCRATCHY/GRINDING noise(Issue Gradually Going Away)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I would go there and show them personally.
Yeah, I just called him to see if I could arrange that, and he said that it wont be necessary and hes going to personally go out in the morning with the tech and let the car fully idle down. Will it happen and will they wait for a cold car to fully reach operating temp? Who knows, we're going to be back to square one again like were today where they heard the noise, and then it went away. I even offered to drive up there right now since the car has sat most of the afternoon and they didnt seem to want me to do that.
Sponsored

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Yeah, I just called him to see if I could arrange that, and he said that it wont be necessary and hes going to personally go out in the morning with the tech and let the car fully idle down. Will it happen and will they wait for a cold car to fully reach operating temp? Who knows, we're going to be back to square one again like were today where they heard the noise, and then it went away. I even offered to drive up there right now since the car has sat most of the afternoon and they didnt seem to want me to do that.
I'd let him do it only if he personally guarantees that they are going to pull the trans no matter what they hear.

Otherwise I would be there to ensure they don't quit looking for the problem until the problem is found.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I'd let him do it only if he personally guarantees that they are going to pull the trans no matter what they hear.

Otherwise I would be there to ensure they don't quit looking for the problem until the problem is found.

Yeah, he isnt going to gaurantee me crap, they already got my money. They obviously cant listen to my directions either. They've got one more shot. I need to possibly get a lawyer involved, but we'll see what happens tomorrow. Each hour that goes by Im losing faith in all of this. I traded in a Focus ST and 500whp 3V GT for this headache. Im regretting this entire decision. To be honest, if things truly don't work out, this will be the last Ford I buy and it will probably have to get traded in.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I've filed an NHTSA safety complaint to be investigated and provided this thread. I have NO doubt if they popped the trans they would see a problem in there. But according to Ford direct... no sound= no work...no safety check. But Im leaving the car there until they do something about it. The CSM approved me for a rental vehicle so I will probably get one later this week if nothing comes from this.

Sponsored

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
Yep, just go and do it for them. Following directions isn't their best strength it sounds like.
. Is it just me or have REAL technicians appear to have disappeared off the face of the planet? It seems like due to the reliance on computer processing units as well as electronic this and whatnot, true technicians who can troubleshoot without the aid of a computer or "How To" DVD are becoming increasingly rare? It seems like technical IQs and just plain common sense have given way to Google or Yahoo for all ones answers! Sad (now one has to be more skilled at running a diagnostic program on an IPad...technicians are little more than parts changers now and not good ones at that)

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I've filed an NHTSA safety complaint to be investigated and provided this thread. I have NO doubt if they popped the trans they would see a problem in there. But according to Ford direct... no sound= no work...no safety check. But Im leaving the car there until they do something about it. The CSM approved me for a rental vehicle so I will probably get one later this week if nothing comes from this.
Ok......but they heard the sound this morning! Like I said, they needed to have the tech there EVERY time they test it, not just after it happens once. Sometimes these things come and go and it's pretty sloppy of the dealership to process your car this way.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Ok......but they heard the sound this morning! Like I said, they needed to have the tech there EVERY time they test it, not just after it happens once. Sometimes these things come and go and it's pretty sloppy of the dealership to process your car this way.
Yep, even my CSM that Ive been working with told me they heard the sound this morning, so this isnt some BS they can back step on later. It pisses me off to no end that I havent been able to enjoy the car that I thought was a dream come true, but it can sit there until they own up to the issue and actually DO some work. A service manager saying it sounded like a throwoutbearing should have been enough for them to pull the trans and LOOK, but no, everyone wants more sounds.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Sent this email to the Service Manager Sunday evening:

Mr. Black,

I can't say that I have been extremely pleased with the attention my new vehicle has received. So much so, I ended up having to go to a different dealership to get them to diagnose the vehicle. Since I am unable to get a rental car or loaner vehicle I've been having to wait to drop the vehicle off. Nathan was helpful with me on Saturday, and we had thought the noise occurred from an exhaust leak (from the video I recorded the night before). However, stopping by another shop Saturday afternoon I was able to get the noise to occur on a lift with a retired Ford technician and he found the noise coming from the bell-housing of the transmission. Over the past few days third gear is now grinding when entering it.

I understand that new vehicles can sometimes have problems, but its been very disappointing that despite paying over $40,000 for a new car, it took another shop to figure out where the grinding/rattle noise is coming from. If its a major problem I could lose the clutch entirely or worse lose control over my vehicle on the roads if I cant properly operate the transmission.

My case was voluntarily escalated by a Ford customer Care representative on a forum because it seems that bringing my videos to light quite a few people have this same condition on their new 2015. My case is CAS-5737879.

If you are interested in hearing the transmission grinding/rattle listen to my video:

https:// www.youtube.com/ watch?v=Bxy37lv2MPw

Upon starting the vehicle there is no noise, which obviously can be missed by the tech. You MUST let the car idle down completely (approximately 5-10 minutes) then the noise begins EVERY time.

1. Car must be cold or cool. If its fully warmed up or has been driven at all the sound does not appear.
2. Sound does not come up until the RPMs have settled down to about 600. Initital start up has RPMs around 1000 then gradually goes down as car warms up.
3. Once RPM finishes dropping starts the ticking from the transmission.

I hope that in the coming days, we all can get this resolved and I can go back to enjoying my new vehicle.

Thanks

This was the response I got back early this morning:

Good morning George, last week on your visit I listened to the mustang inside the shop with the tech and outside with the Advisor, never heard the noise, my Service Manager is listening to it as I respond, we do apologize for the inconvenience, we will let you know what we find.

Tim Black
Service Director
Wade Ford

-------------------------

So yeah, heard the noise this morning, but Tim wasnt there to hear it, now the tech cant hear the sound. And we're back to square one. Why wasnt he out there to begin with this morning.

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Yep, even my CSM that Ive been working with told me they heard the sound this morning, so this isnt some BS they can back step on later. It pisses me off to no end that I havent been able to enjoy the car that I thought was a dream come true, but it can sit there until they own up to the issue and actually DO some work. A service manager saying it sounded like a throwoutbearing should have been enough for them to pull the trans and LOOK, but no, everyone wants more sounds.
I've realized it takes a LOT of noise and it has to happen ALL the time for them to consider doing anything about it. If it's not blatantly obvious that there is a problem, they won't touch your car. In reality, they could have popped the trans open today in an hour or two and looked and this whole thing would have been over. Either they find something or they don't, but it would have been done.

Sponsored

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I just listened to your video again. That noise is horendous. It sounds like a mambo band is playing in the background with their little shakers lol.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
How can they be so ignorant after what you have explained to them and better still, showed them on video, something that is clearly not right!! Drop the transmission, open it up and check, this will save you and possibly others from something going very wrong if it's caught soon enough.
Good luck nemesys I hope you get this sorted and you are enjoying your dream again mate

Axe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Dealerships are scum of the earth. They all give you the same crap when youre buying the vehicle "If you need anything, let me know, don't hesitate to call", blah, blah, blah....and then when you do have an issue, youre persona non grata.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
If worse comes to worse, Ive already spoken to someone at Jalopnik social media. I just really hope things don't come down to that. They are now watching this thread to see how it is handled. I purchased this vehicle with an AZ plan since my grandmother worked at a Ford Plant. Traded in two of my prized vehicles, one of my Mustangs I owned for 7 years. My family owns nothing but Fords and never once have I or they had to go through so much to get something even LOOKED at.

I just want my car fixed.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
If worse comes to worse, Ive already spoken to someone at Jalopnik social media. I just really hope things don't come down to that. They are now watching this thread to see how it is handled. I purchased this vehicle with an AZ plan since my grandmother worked at a Ford Plant. My family owns nothing but Fords and never once have had through go through so much to get something even LOOKED at.

I just want my car fixed.
:popcorn:
Sponsored